Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own them, NBC does.

Note to reader: This is part 4 of the "MUSICAL SERIES". I changed my mind,
these stories will be about the adventures of Jarod, Kyle, and maybe even
Emily. Remember the titles are still song titles. Comments, Questions,etc
contact me @ whalewoman95@hotmail.com Heather C.
P.S. Please see also
Part 1: Sailing
Part 2: Long Way From Happiness
Part 3: Live Like Horses
Part 4: Can't stop this thing we (I) started



"Musical" Series
Part 5
Not Guilty
By A.H. Crocker







San Diego, California

Jarod and Kyle were rushing towards a department store. They had figured out that someone was going to be killed there and they were going to try and stop it. Kyle pulled into the parking lot going at least 70mph.

Jarod told Kyle to go to the police while he went inside. Kyle took off and Jarod walked inside the dark building. When Jarod turned a corner he saw that he was too late. A man's body was laying on the floor in a pool of blood. Jarod checked it for a pulse but he felt none.

Jarod heard the faint sound of sirens as he sighed with relief. The cops will catch the real killer, then he and Kyle could leave. The police came rushing in and one of them knocked Jarod to the ground. Jarod felt his hands being cuffed and he didn't even have a chance to explain when he was shoved into the nearest police car. For some insane reason, Jarod noticed that the radio was still on. It was playing the song 'Not Guilty' by Bryan Adams.

Kyle returned to the store to find cops all over the place. He looked around and when he couldn't find Jarod, he got scared.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" one cop asked.

"Kyle Nason, FBI." Kyle said calmly

"Oh, sorry." the officer said.

"Excuse me, officer. Did they catch the man who did this?" Kyle asked.

"Yes, he's at the California PD."

"Thank you."


California Police Department
San Diego, California

Jarod sat in his prison cell wondering why the hell he was in here. He didn't kill anybody. Just then the door opened and Kyle walked in.

"Kyle!" Jarod said relieved.

"Jarod? What are you doing here?"

"I'm accused of murder." Jarod said, surprisingly calm.

"But your not a killer, Jarod. You were trying to stop it from happening." Kyle said.

"I know but tell that to the donut eater in the next room." Jarod joked.

"Don't worry, brother. I'll get you out of here."

"Please do, that guy in the corner is starting to scare me."


The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware

Miss Parker was sitting in her office when she heard the familar sound of footsteps outside her door. She only hoped it wasn't her father. She wasn't in the mood to deal with him. Finally, the man entered the room. It was Lyle.

"What the hell are you doing here, Lyle?" Miss Parker asked.

"Well Sis, with an aditude like that I don't think I want to tell you." Lyle laughed and left the office.


California District Court
San Diego, California

Jarod sat in the courtroom. He couldn't believe how quickly they had arranged a trial. He kept thinking ' Where is Kyle?'. The trial started and there was still no sign of him. Jarod had a lawyer but he wasn't doing a good job.

"Your Honor, can I please dismiss my lawyer?" Jarod asked.

"Yes, but how will you be represented?" the judge asked. She was shocked at Jarod's request.

"I will defend myself."Jarod said. He smiled as he saw the shocked look on the judges face.

"How?" the judge asked, waiting for his answer.

"I've been a lawyer before so I know how the system works." Jarod said. The judge looked at Jarod's records and found one thing that would make it harder for Jarod to prove his innocence.

"I didn't kill that man. I was trying to save his life. I'm not a killer." Jarod said.

"Yes, you are. You killed a man named Damon. You not only killed him, you did it in a church." the judge said.

"He was about to kill my friend and about two dozen other people, as well as me. I had to do something." Jarod said.

The judge looked at Jarod like she didn't believe him. Jarod knew that it was a weak defence but he didn't know what else to say.


Interstate 95
New York Section

Kyle was in his car trying to figure out how to help Jarod. He checked his mirror again and saw the same car that he saw for the past hour. Kyle finally decided to pull over and saw that it was Sydney in the other car.

"I got your message and came as soon as I could." Sydney said.

"Thank you, Sydney?" Kyle said.

"So what are we going to do?" Sydney asked.

"Find the real killer."

"How?"

"I think I know."


California District Court
San Diego, California

BANG! The doors of the courtroom slammed open. Everyone in the room turned to see Sydney standing in the doorway. Behind him stood Kyle, who was dragging an unconscious man in the court. They came in the nick of time, just as the judge was telling the verdict. The two stepped into the courtroom.

"Your Honor, please excuse us for barging in like this but, this young man is innocent." Kyle said.

"Who are you?" the judge asked.

"Kyle Nason, FBI and this is my partner Special Agent Sydney Green. We have caught the real killer."

"That is for me to decide." the judge said.


Jarod's cell
San Diego, California

Kyle went to go talk to the judge, while Sydney stayed with Jarod at his cell.

"How did you know I was here?" Jarod asked.

"Your brother sent me a message."

"Where's Miss Parker and Broots?''

"There not here, but I must say that Miss Parker would laugh if she saw you here." Sydney said laughing.

Kyle walked in followed by an officer. "Jarod, you free to go."

"Kyle." Jarod cried as the officer opened the door and he stepped out. Jarod hugged his brother as Sydney watch the two reunite. Then they turned to Sydney.

"Thank you for all your help and if you see Miss Parker give her this." Jarod said and handed Sydney a package. Inside was a small statue of a river ferry.

THE END



Not Guilty
by
Bryan Adams

Who are you to say I'm wrong?
Who are you to say I'm crazy?
Ain't a crime of passion comin' on strong
I'm only trying to treat ya like a lady

Do I have to prove my innocence?
Don't need a lawyer with fat degree
Cause if lovin you is against the law
You better lock me up and through away the key

I'm not guilty, baby I'm not
I can't stop this feeling I got
I'm not guilty, cross my heart
Not my fault if I'm falling apart
I'm a right Jack, just watchin' my back cause
I'm not guilty