Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own them, NBC does.

Note: This is Part 4 of what I call the "Musical" Series



"Musical" Series
Part 4
CAN'T STOP THIS THING WE (I) STARTED
By A.H. Crocker







Glens Falls - New York

Jarod and Kyle had just left the office of the NYPD. They had a busy day. Three big cases solved in one day. Both Jarod and Kyle were very tired and were on their way to their apartment when Jarod got a call on his cellphone.

"Hello." Jarod said.

"Jarod, this is Kate. We have a hostage situation at the old warehouse on Byer Rd."

"Okay Kate, we're on our way." Jarod replied.

"Jarod, there's something else. The guy who's holding the hostages said for you to come alone. Be careful." Kate told him.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." Jarod said as he hung up.

"What is it, Jarod?" Kyle asked.

"Looks like we have one more case to solve before we can rest." Jarod said.

"Great." Kyle muttered.



Byer Rd Warehouse - Glens Falls, New York

The two brothers reached the warehouse and crept quietly inside. Kyle kept a few feet behind Jarod. They had no idea who or what was waiting for them as they walked further into the building. Also Kyle didn't know it, but someone was following him.

Kyle was walking behind Jarod when suddenly he saw Jarod stumble and fall to the floor. He bent over Jarod and saw blood running from his forehead. He grabbed his cell phone and started dialling when he saw the flash of a pipe. He tried to dodge it but it hit him right in the back of the head. Kyle fell to the floor, unconscious.

"Well, well, well, what have we here? It's Jarod and his little brother. I thought I killed him. Oh Well, I can take care of that later."

Jarod woke up to find himself tied up and face to face with Lyle. Jarod looked around and couldn't find Kyle anywhere. He saw spots of blood on the floor and panicked.

"Where's Kyle? What did you do with my brother?" Jarod shouted.

"He's unconscious and tied up in the other room." Lyle explained. At first Jarod sighed with relief. Jarod then noticed something weird in Lyle's voice. There was something wrong and he knew it.

"If you hurt him Lyle. I swear I'll kill you." Jarod said, with a touch of anger in his voice. Lyle just stood there and grinned. He walked up to Jarod and slapped him hard across the face.

"I won't hurt him as long as you behave yourself and do what I tell you. No pretender tricks. I have to say that I am surprised to see him alive. Although I didn't exactly mean to hurt him last time." Lyle said.

"You'll hurt him this time, won't you." Jarod said.

"Without a second thought." Lyle smirked.

"What do you want from me?" Jarod asked, seeming afraid of the answer.

"I want to finish what I started in Arizona and this time your brother isn't here to help you." Lyle said.



Across the Hall in the Byer Rd Warehouse, - Glens Falls New York

Kyle woke up to find himself tied up to a chair. There was no sign of Jarod at all.

"Jarod?" he called out. He didn't want to shout too loud so that someone else heard him. As he was lost in his thoughts, someone dropped from the beams on the ceiling.

"Ahh..." Kyle screamed. His scream was cut short by a gloved hand that was clamped over his mouth.

"Shut up you idiot or your going to get us both killed." the person said. From the voice, Kyle could tell that the person was a woman.

"Who are you?" Kyle asked.

"You don't know me, Kyle?" the woman asked.

"No, I don't." Kyle said.

"Oh well, I'll tell you later but right now we have to help Jarod." she said.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" Kyle asked, afraid of the answer.

"He's fine for now but we have to work fast to save him" she said as she turned to leave.

"Hey, aren't you going to untie me." Kyle whined

"No, I need him to think you are still helpless." the woman said as she left the room.



Once again in the Byer Rd Warehouse - Glens Falls, New York

"Lyle, let me go. I'm not going to help you." Jarod cried out.

"Then I'll kill your brother." Lyle said. Lyle walked around the corner and Jarod lost sight of him for a minute. When he returned, dragging a helpless Kyle behind him.

"Kyle!" Jarod shouted.

"Jarod!" Kyle cried.

"Kyle, he's going to kill you!"

Lyle decided to cut into this conversation. He stepped in and slapped Jarod across the face with
his gun.

"Actually, I think that I'd rather kill you Jarod." Lyle said.

"Jarod!"

"This time your brother won't stop me." Lyle said as he aimed his gun, point blank, at Jarod's chest. All of a sudden Jarod saw Lyle stumble and fall to the ground. There behind him stood the woman that Kyle was talking to, holding a small pipe.

"Maybe not but his sister will." the woman said.

"Emily?" Jarod asked.

"Yep, it's me." she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"What...huh...how?" Jarod mumbled.

"I'll explain later but the three of us have to get out of here." Emily said, almost laughing when she looked at her older brothers standing there, speechless.

Jarod looked at Lyle laying there on the ground. He became worried when he saw Lyle's battered
face.

"Will he be okay?"

"He'll be fine. I didn't hit him that hard. The big wuss." Emily said.



The Centre - Blue Cove, Delaware

Miss Parker was sitting in her office when her phone rang. She only hoped that it wasn't Jarod. She was not in the mood to deal with him right now.

"What?"

"Miss Parker..." Jarod started to say.

"Jarod please, I'm not in the mood to play one of your games."

"Your not listening, Parker. I found my sister."

"What?" Miss Parker said, shocked.

"Well, she found us actually. Your brother tried to kill us again and she saved are lives." Jarod explained.

"Why did you call me? Why not Sydney?" Miss Parker asked. Jarod never called her with personal events, at least not recently.

"Sydney is away with his family and I didn't want to bother him." Jarod said.

"And what makes you trust me. I can go to daddy right now." Miss Parker said.

"I know you too well. You won't tell him." Jarod said and hung up the phone. Miss Parker sighed. She hated it when Jarod was right.



Green Mountain Apartment Complex - Glens Falls, New York

Emily had gotten Jarod and Kyle back to her apartment. Both Jarod and Kyle were fine except for a bump on their heads. She stared at her brothers for a moment and started laughing.

"What's so funny, Sis?" Kyle asked.

"You two have matching bruises and also the fact that you two have been living in the apartment across from me the whole time you were here." Emily laughed. Jarod and Kyle looked away, humiliated.

Then Emily grew serious again. "We have to get going because I have reason to believe we were followed here."

"Then let's go out the back in case someone is on their way up here." Jarod said. They ran quickly out of the room, just as Miss Parker, Sydney, Broots, and Sam burst into the apartment.

"We'll take my van." Emily said.

"No not the van we'll take my car." Jarod said as they took off. They didn't see the car pull out behind the Jarod's car to follow them.



Back at the apartment

"Damn, I missed them." Miss Parker muttered. Sydney was standing in the window. He saw Jarod's car pull out and speed away but he also saw the other car. It was a black convertible with the license plate that read Lyle-2.

"Miss Parker, Jarod's car just drove away and Lyle's was following them." Sydney said.

"Lyle? That guy is lucky I don't kill him myself, brother or not." Miss Parker said and turned to leave.



Some Road - Just Outside of New York

"Jarod, what are we going to do?" Emily said.

"I don't know!" Jarod shouted "I don't even know where I'm going and I've had this car following me since we left. Sorry, if I'm yelling but I'm scared."

"Of what?" Emily asked. Kyle was asleep so it was just the two of them talking.

"If they catch me I'm afraid that they will kill you two as well as me." Jarod explained.

Lyle suddenly lost his patience with Jarod because he sped up and tried to run Jarod off the road. Jarod slammed on his brakes and Lyle flew past.

"Get out!" Jarod shouted.

"What about Kyle?" Emily asked.

"What about me?" Kyle said.

"Go!" Jarod shouted. The three of them ran into the woods near the road and easily lost Lyle. What they didn't know was that Miss Parker, Sam, Willie, Broots, and Sydney were in the woods hunting them down as well.

"Kyle, take Emily and find a place to hide." Jarod said.

"What about you?" Kyle asked.

"I need them to think I'm alone" Jarod said.

"Them? I thought it was just Lyle." Emily said.

"He may have a few sweepers with him. Don't worry. I'll be fine." Jarod said.

"You haven't been doing a good job of that so far, Jarod." Kyle told him. "How many times have you been hit in the head this week?"

Jarod ignored him and turned to leave when Lyle stepped out from the shadows, gun drawn.

"I'm taking you back to the Centre myself." Lyle said.

"Like hell you will." Miss Parker said and stepped out of the shadows from behind Lyle. Her gun was drawn but it wasn't pointed at Jarod. It was pointed at Lyle. Sydney, Sam , and Willie stepped out from behind her.

"Willie, grab him." Miss Parker ordered.

"My pleasure." Willie replied.

Willie grabbed Jarod and made him drop his gun. Jarod struggled and shouted. No one seemed to notice when Kyle crept out of a nearby tree. He had decided to hide somewhere nearby so he could see if Jarod needed help. Leaving Emily behind, Kyle crept out of the tree and grabbed the gun Jarod had dropped.

"Sydney, don't let this happen. Please, if they take me they'll kill Kyle and Emily. Please." Jarod cried. Tears were welling up in his eyes as he struggled to get away from his captor.

"Emily?" Sydney asked.

Before Sydney could say anything else Kyle came behind Sydney, grabbed him, and held him at gun point.

"Willie, let Jarod go or I'll kill him." Kyle shouted.

"Kyle! No, don't shoot him, please!" Jarod cried.

"Why not, he kept you locked up alone for most of your life." Kyle said.

"Kyle, he's also helped me in so many ways. He helped me find you. Please, I know Raines has done some horrible things to you but Sydney had nothing to do with it." Jarod begged "Let him go, please."

"Willie, let him go. then I want all of you to put your guns down and leave so that the three of us can leave." Kyle said as he put his gun down and pushed Sydney into Miss Parker.

"Sydney, are you okay?" Broots said. They all watched as Jarod, Kyle and Emily turned and left.

"Did you really think he was going to kill you Syd?" Miss Parker asked.

"He would have if Jarod wasn't there. But then if Jarod wasn't there, Kyle wouldn't have been there either." Sydney said.



Back in Jarod's car.

"What is the matter with you? You were going to kill him!" Jarod shouted.

"No, I wasn't. We needed a way out and that was the only way I could think of." Kyle explained.

Jarod started to relax when Emily spoke up. "Guys, I have to leave you."

"Why?" they both said at the same time.

"I have to meet mom somewhere and if you two come along, the Centre will kill you. I don't want that. Meet me at this hotel in a year and we'll reunite with mom and dad." Emily said.

"All right. See in a year. Bye." Jarod said, almost in tears.

"Bye Jarod. Bye Kyle." Emily said.

They watched as Their sister left. When she was gone Jarod turned the car and headed south.


You might stop a hurricane
Might even stop the drivin' rain
You might have a dozen other guys
But if you wanna stop me baby- don't even try
I'm goin' one way-your
It's such a strong way -let's make it our way

Can't stop this thing we started
You gotta know it's right
Can't stop this course we plotted
This thing called love we got it
No place for the broken hearted
Can't stop this thing we started