Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own them, NBC does.

Note: This is Part 1 of what I call the "Musical" Series. All the titles of the stories are also song titles. The words and artists of the songs are at the end of the story. These stories also take place after Dragon House but before Red Rock Jarod and Wake Up.




"Musical" Series
Part 1
SAILING
By A.H. Crocker




Scene 1

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean

Jarod(passing as Jarod Cousteau) was sitting on the bow of the ship. The ship was called The Gull. He and the others on board were protesting the whaling that had been going on. They weren't having any luck. If they found a pod of whales on radar, they would only find the sea red with blood and no sign of the whalers. Jarod was determined to fix that problem.

Jarod had made friends with a man named Jack and his six year old boy, Jason. Jason seemed disturbed by something and he started to walk over to him but he was interupted by Matt Bennett, the ship's captian.

"Mister Cousteau." Matt called.

"Call me, Jarod." Jarod said. " Sir,we have a smal pod on radar. By the looks of the pod, I'd say they were orcas."

"Really?" Matt said.

"I believe so." Jarod said and then to the crew he said" Ok, let's get this ship moving."

The captian smiled and walked to back to his cabin. He pulled out a cellphone and dialed a number.

"Greg, the pod is about 20miles due east. Make sure there's nothing there to track on radar." Matt said.

"Yes Sir." Greg said.

What Matt didn't know was that little Jason was hiding under the captian's bed. Matt left and Jason crawled out from under the bed and ran to find Jarod.

Scene 2

The Centre
Blue Cove, Deleware

Miss Parker had just left her office and she ran into her brother, Mr. Lyle. He started tormenting her as soon as he saw her.

"Another successful day?" Lyle said.

"Shut up." Miss Parker said cruelly and left.

Just as she left, her cellphone rang. She answered the phone in her normal Miss Parker fasion.

"What?" Miss Parker said.

"How's it going with Thomas?" Jarod said.

"How the hell do you know about that" Miss Parker said, almost screaming.

"Calm down, Miss Parker. I got my information from Sydney. He keeps me up to date on what's happening at the Centre. I also know someone that Thomas is related to." Jarod said.

"What do you mean?" Miss Parker said.

"I had brother and I have a sister, You have a brother, and Sydney had a brother." Jarod said.

"Do you mean Thomas has a sibling?" Miss Parker asked.

"Why don't you find out?" Jarod said and hung up.

"Jarod?" Miss Parker asked."I hate it when he does that."

Miss Parker had a date with Thomas that night. She would ask him then about his family.

Scene 3

Back on The Gull

"Jarod!" Jason cried.

"Hey Jason, how's it going? Are you ready to help save those whale's?" Jarod asked him.

"You won't find them. There's a traitor on the ship and I know who it is." Jason said, in a state of panic.

"Calm down. Now, who is the traitor?" Jarod asked the young boy.

"It's Matt Bennett." Jason said.

"Are you sure?" Jarod asked.

"Yes, I was hiding in the captian's cabin when he made a call to the whalers." Jason said.

Jarod thought about it for a moment and knew that Jason was telling the truth.

"Jason, go find your father and tell him that the whalers will find the pod in 20 minutes. We have to be there in 15 if we have any hope of finding those whales." Jarod said.

"All right." Jason said.

Scene 4

Redwaves resteraunt

Miss Parker went with Thomas to a nice resteraunt just outside of Blue Cove. As they were sitting,waiting for their meal, Thomas brought up the subject of Miss Parker's family.

"You seem to have a nice family." Thomas said.

"Yeah, a killer for a brother, a liar for a father, and a bimbo who tried to kill my father for a step-mother. Nice family." Miss Parker said with a laugh.

"I didn't know that your brother was a killer." Thomas said, seeming a little surprised.

"Yeah, we're all just one big happy family. How about you, Tommy? Do you have any family?" Miss Parker asked.

"Not really. My dad died when I was ten and my mom just dumped me and my brother in an orphanage. Some old guy adopted us and when he died he left Patrick the house to take of me." Thomas said.

"So, where's Patrick now?" iss Parker asked him.

Thomas hesitated and then said "Parker, my brother's in the hospital and the doctors say that he might die."

"Tommy, why didn't you tell me?" Miss Parker asked.

"I was too scared to tell you. I don't know what to do." Thomas said.

"I think I do."Miss Parker said.

"What do you mean?" Thomas asked.

"I have an idea. I have a friend who is a very successful doctor. I can have him come here and see what's wrong with Pat." Miss Parker said.

"Really, what's his name?" Thomas asked.

"Jarod." Miss Parker said, smiling.

Scene 5

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, Again

Jarod was speeding The Gull out at sea. Just as the ship found the pod, the whalers showed up. Matt and Jack were talking when Jarod rushed into the room, sounding out of breath.

"Jack," Jarod said, panting. "we found the pod and we ar between them and the whalers."

"Great, let's go Jarod." Jack said.

The two hurried out to the bow of the great ship. Jarod shouted and waved his arms at the whalers.

Jack shouted."Go away. This whales are protected by law!"

"They don't care." a voice from behind them said.

Matt Bennett hit Jack on the head with the butt of his gun. Jack fell overboard and into the rough sea.

"Jack!" Jarod shouted

Jarod tried to jump off the boat to save Jack but Matt grabbed him and put his gun to Jarod's chest.

"Don't move or I swear I'll kill you." Matt said and to the crew he said

"Turn this ship around or I'll kill him."

The crew did as they were told. Whenever the crew hesitated, Matt moved the gun into point blank range. His trigger finger shaking, ready to pull the trigger at any moment. Jarod didn't move but he did speak.

"What about Jack?"

"Forget him and shut up if you want to live to see tomorrow." Matt said.

Scene 6

Over the Atlantic

Miss Parker and Thomas were in a helicopter out over the ocean looking for The Gull. So far they weren't having any luck. Miss Parker was trying to call Jarod but he wasn't answering his cellphone.

"Do you think he can help my brother?" Thomas said.

"Yes, but he must be in trouble because he's not answering his cellphone." Miss Parker said.

The helicopter pilot reported that they finally found the ship. The helicopter landed on the far end of the ship and Miss Parker and Thomas stepped out. The helicopter turned off its engines so as not to disturb the crew. The two crept quietly down towards the bow of the ship. They saw Matt and the gun first. Only after that did they see who it was pointed at. It was Jarod. Miss Parker had no idea what to do but Thomas did. They put their plan into action. Thomas heard a cry from Jarod as Miss Parker crept up behind Matt. Matt had hit Jarod hard in the chest.

"Well, now that Jack is in the great deep, I guess I can get rid of this little spy." Matt said, pointing to Jason.

Once again, Jarod couldn't anything, because Matt's gun was still at his chest. Even though Jarod couldn't do anything, Thomas and Miss Parker could. Miss Parker hit Matt on the head with a pipe that she found on the deck. He collapsed to the floor. Jarod, now free, ran and dove into the water after Jack.

"Jarod!" Jason cried.

"Help!" Jarod said.

When Matt hit him, he must have been more hurt than he thought. He was now drowning, along with Jack who was still alive. Jason ran over to the side and did a perfect swandive into the water.

"Jason!" Thomas cried.

"Thomas what are you doing?" Miss Parker said.

She noticed him taking off his shoes and coat.

"I'm going in after them." Thomas said.

Thomas jumped into the ice cold water and grabbed Jack and Jarod with the help of Jason, who could swim perfectly. The two pulled the two men back to the ship.

"Thomas!" Miss Parker cried.

After they revived Jack and Jarod, they got right down to business. Jarod had panicked and started to run away, shouting the whole time.

"I'm not going back to the Centre, Miss Parker." Jarod shouted.

"Jarod I'm not here to take you back. I'm here for Thomas." Miss Parker explained.

"Why does he need me?" Jarod said.

Miss Parker was about to say something really cruel to Jarod, but Thomas stopped her.

"Jarod, I need you to help save my brother's life." Thomas said.

"Then I'll do it." Jarod said.

"Why are you so quick to decidesomething like this?" Thomas asked.

"I wasn't able to save my own brother's life and I've been blaming myself for it for the past eight months." Jarod said. "Also, saving your brother might help me deal with the loss of Kyle."

"Kyle? Was that your brother's name?" Thomas asked.

"Yes. He died protecting me. Before he died, he said he was sorry for everything. I never understood what he meant by that." Jarod said, eyes filling with tears.

"It's ok, Jarod." Thomas said.

"I'm sorry to break up this scene but we have to get to the hospital." Miss Parker said.

"All right. Hold on for a second.

Jarod grabbed the still unconscious Matt and locked him in an empty storage room.

"Now he won't cause any problems." Jarod told them.

Scene 8

Jarod rushed into the hospital and walked to the front desk. He introduced himself as Dr. Collins to the lady at the front desk. She said that Mr. Gates's room was down in the left wing.

"How can he do that?" Thomas asked.

"He's a pretender." Miss Parker said.

"A pretender?" Thomas asked.

"I'm a genius who can be anyone he wants to be." Jarod said.

"Here's Pat's room." Thomas said.

Scene 9

The trio walked silently into Pat's room. There were to others in room with him. One was a teenage girl and a younger boy about Jason's age. In the other bed was Patrick. Pat was a young man of twenty-one, who looked very sick in his bed. Thomas walked silently up to the young man, clinging to Miss Parker the whole time. Jarod took the time to check the charts. Thomas gentlely shook the young man to wake him.

"Hey Tom, what are you doing here?" Pat said in a very weak voice.

"Just came to see how you're doing." Thomas said.

"I'm fine. Hey, who's he?" Pat asked.

"He's the man who's going to save your life." Thomas said.

"The doctors here told me it was too late to do anything." Pat said, starting to cry.

"Don't start crying, Pat. You're he only family I got left. I can't lose you." Thomas said.

Thomas sat down on the chair in the corner and started to cry. Miss Parker sat next to him and hugged him, trying to comfort him. Jarod walked up to them.

"Thomas, can I talk to you outside. Alone." Jarod said.
"Sure." Thomas said. To Parker he said. "I'll be right back."

He kissed Miss Parker and walked outside with Jarod. Jarod waited until he was sure that they were alone to tell him the news.

"So, what's up, Jarod?" Thomas asked.

"Pat needs a kidney transplant. You're a match but there's a big risk in doing the surgery." Jarod said.

"What's the risk?" Thomas said. He didn't seem to be scared at all.

"You have a kidney condition. It's a condition in which both kidneys are very sensitive. The risk is that you could die during or after the surgery." Jarod said.

"What?" a voice said behind them.

Miss Parker had just walked out of Pat's room and overheard the last part of their conversation. She just starred at them for a minute then ran down the hall, crying.

Scene 10

Miss Parker ran down the right wing of the hospital towards the waiting room. She sat down and her hands were shaking as she pulled out her cellphone. She dialed a familiar number and she was waiting for the familiar voice.

"This is Sydney."

"Syd, it's me."

"Parker, are you all right?"

"I'm fine. Thomas's brother Pat needed a kidney transplant and Thomas was a match. But Jarod said...." Miss Parker said.

"Jarod?" Sydney asked.

"Yes, he said that Thomas might not live through the surgery." Miss Parker said.

"Is Thomas going to go through with it?" Sydney asked.

"Yes and Syd I have to go." Miss Parker said.

"All right." Sydney said.

"Bye Syd."

"Bye."

Scene 11

Jarod prepared Thomas for surgery. It lasted about three hours and Jarod was very tired by the end of it. He had done the surgery himself. After Thomas was settled in his room, Jarod went to see Miss Parker. She was still awake and had a single tear running down her face. He walked over to her and touched her shoulder. She turned to face him.

"How is he?" Miss Parker asked as Jarod sat down next to her.

"He lived through the surgery but it's still to early to tell if he'll make it or not." Jarod said.

Miss Parker grabbed Jarod's hand and held it. She then leaned on Jarod's shoulder and started to cry again. Jarod held her and tried to comfort her.

"I have to go check on Thomas. You'll be able to go see him in about an hour." Jarod said and left.

"Ok."

Scene 12

Jarod walked into Thomas's room. It was silent except for the sound of Thomas's monitors. Jarod checked the charts and turned to leave when Thomas started talking.

"Parker?" Thomas whispered.

"No. It's me, Thomas." Jarod said.

"Jarod?"

"Yes."

"Jarod, I want to see Parker. Can you get her for me?"

"Sure, Thomas."

Scene 13

"How's my brother doing?" Pat asked.

Pat had just been released from his room and was sitting with Miss Parker. He had a comforting hand on her shoulder and she had stopped crying. She still had a look of despair on her face. Pat was on the verge of crying as well.

"Thomas wants to see you both now." Jarod said.

"I don't know if I can go in there and see him like that." Miss Parker said.

"Come on. I'll stay with you the whole time." Jarod said.

The three walked into Thomas's room. He was put in the same bed that Pat used to be in. It was silent until Pat broke the silence.

"I never thought I'd be the one to see you in the hospital."

"It's ok. I'm just glad to see you alive." Thomas said.

Miss Parker came up to the bed from behind Jarod and Patrick. She couldn't stop from crying.

"Don't cry, Miss Parker." Thomas said. "I hope you understand why I had to do this."

"I understand, Tommy." Miss Parker said.

"Sorry to interupt but we need to leave now. Thomas needs his rest to get better." Jarod said.

"Ok."

Miss Parker, Pat, and Jarod left the hospital room.

Scene 14

Jarod walked out of the room and went down the hall to where Miss Parker and Pat were sitting. He smiled and walked up to a crying Miss Parker.

"Hey, it's ok. I have something to tell you both." Jarod said.

"What." Pat and Miss Parker said at the same time.

"He's going to be fine. The chemical substance that was killing him is disappearing. He should be fine." Jarod said.

"Oh, Jarod, thank you so much! I can never begin to thank you. What can I do to repay you?" Miss Parker said.

"Well there is one thing you could you do." Jarod said.

"Sure, what is it?" Miss Parker said.

"Could you stop calling me Boy Wonder and stuff like that? Just call me Jarod." Jarod said.

"Sure."

Just then, a nurse came running down the hall. She seemed really scared and was calling Jarod.

"Dr. Collins! Dr. Collins!"

"Kate, what's wrong?" Jarod said.

"Mr. Gates went flatline." Kate said

"Damn." Jarod muttered and ran down the hall, through the door, and started working to get Thomas's heart started again.

While Jarod was working to save Thomas, Miss Parker was talking to the young boy. The boy's name was Sean and he was in the hospital because he was hit by a car while riding his bike.

"He was muttering something about a man named Jarod. He also muttered the word Parker." Sean said. "After that he passed out and I rang the alarm."

"Miss Parker, I have him back." Jarod annouced.

"You saved his life, Sean." Miss Parker.

"No, I didn't. Jarod did." Sean said

"No, you did save his life by sounding the alarm. Otherwise he would have died and I thank you for that." Miss Parker said.

Anytime." Sean replied.

"Miss Parker, could you come here?" Jarod called from across the room.

She turned and walked towards him. Thomas smiled as she aproached the bed. She turned to look at Jarod and smiled. She knew that by tommorrow he'd be gone, off to another state. Jarod turned to leave but Miss Parker stopped him.

"Jarod." He turned to face her.

"Thanks." she said.

Scene 15

But Miss Parker was wrong. Jarod wasn't gone. He was back on the Gull with Jack and Jason. He saw that Jason was sitting on the wooden boards of the bow playing cards. Jason looked up from his game to see Jarod walking up to him.

"Jarod!" Jason shouted and ran up to greet him.

"Jason, how's it going?" Jarod said.

"I'm fine."

"What's that your playing?" Jarod asked. He had never seen it before.

"Solitaire."

"Do you think you can teach me how to play?" Jarod asked.

"Sure." Jason said.

"Hold on a second. I have someone for you to meet." Jarod said.

"Who?" Jason said.

"You'll see."

"Come on, Jarod. No surprises." Jason said.

Jarod led Jason down to the other side of the ship. Looking out over the side of the shipwas Sean. Jarod had found out that Jason and Sean were best friends.

"Sean?"

"Jason?"

The two stared at each other and then laughed and started to play cards.

"Wait, I'm not done with the surprise yet. Look out there." Jarod said, pointing out to sea.

"I see nothing." Sean said.

"Wait a few seconds. One...Two...Three...Now!"

Just then three orcas jumped out of the water. They were a flash of black and white and then they were gone.

"You know those two little ones? I adopted them for you." Jarod said.

"You mean they're ours?"

"Yes."

"Jarod." Jack called.

"Hey Jack."

"Jarod, I just want to thank you for everything you've done."

"It's no problem. If you ever want to get in touch with me, here's my number." Jarod said and turned to leave.

Jack looked at the card Jarod gave him. He opened the card and looked at the number. It read 1-207-956-0436. Jack knew by the area code that Jarod was headed for Maine.


Sailing
by N'sync
Well it's not far down to paradise
At least it's not for me
and if the wind is right you can sail away
and find traquility
Oh the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see
Baby believe me.

It's not far to Never Never Land
no reason to pretend
and if the wind is right you can find the joy, of innosence again
Oh the canvas can do miracles just you wait and see
Baby believe me

Sailing
takes me away to where I always heard it could be
I heard it could be
Just a dream and wind to carry me
The sooner I will be free

Fantasy, it gets the best of me
when I'm sailing, sailing
All brought up in the retory, every word is a syphony
Won't you believe me

Sailing
takes me away to where I always heard it could be
I heard it could be
Just a dream and wind to carry me
The sooner I will be free

Well it's not far back to sanity
at least it's not for me
and if the wind is right you can sail away and find serenity
Oh the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see
Baby believe me

Sailing
takes me away to where I always heard it could be
I heard it could be
Just a dream and wind to carry me
The sooner I will be free