Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: So not mine, but it would be of damned NBC took my five bucks!
Note: This is just a short POV from Jarod on Miss P.


Savior
by J




Every day so goes back to that place. Every day its the same thing. Every day, she goes in with that hope in her eyes. And every day they put it out with ruthless abandon. Beautiful blue eyes…… They were so full of life once. But now the light is gone. There’s an icy stare in its place. The ice queen. For her entire life she's been in the Centre. Like me., she's a prisoner. Begging for her freedom. But she can't have it. Not until she catches me.

Doesn't she know it’s killing her?

Every God damned day! And she knows-she knows she can't be free. She can't climb the corporate ladder until I'm in my cage. But I wouldn't go back. I hate myself for it, too. I'm condemning her to the life. Not that she hasn't already condemned herself. I want to get her out. And I will. I love her too much not to.

I love her.

I love her. I can say it. I. Love. Her. But I don't deserve to love her. I could save her. I could be the night in shining armor. On my white horse, I could rescue her. A fairy tale love. But that's not what she wants. I'm not what she wants. I wish I were. I wish I were everything she wanted. I wish I could take her away from this place. And I wish she wanted to be free. But she doesn't.

Doesn’t she know it’s killing her inside…..?



The light in her eyes is almost completely gone.

I had a dream about her. We were walking together on this beautiful white beach. The sun is just setting and the sky is crimson and gold. A long white dress is flowing behind her in the wind. Hey eyes are beautiful. I can't stop staring at them. Blue and endless, a man can get lost in those eyes. Her eyes are so kind. So warm. Her lips part to speak and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Why wouldn't you save me....?

She falls into a darkness that I can see. I cry out to her, but she doesn't hear me. I can't save her. I always wake up after that. Her name hanging on my lips. I want to save her. God, I want to save her. I want to take her into my arms and shield her from any darkness. She deserves that. That and so much more.

She deserves to be happy.

I keep having this nagging feeling that something's wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why wouldn't she answer the phone?

Damn it! I know she's there! I've let it ring for damned near an hour!

I hope she's OK.

I've already dropped the phone, and grabbed my keys. Didn't bother to hang it up. To hell with the pretend I was doing. She's more important. There is something wrong. I know it. Right now I'm just glad I was in town. I was pretending I was a mental patient. A young girl that was admitted to the hospital was found dead outside the grounds.

Suicide.

My ass it was. She was murdered. One of the doctors did it.

Screw the speed limit! I'm already doing' near 90. I have to get to Parker. She needs me. She needs me to save her. I have to save her.

Save Parker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can hear the phone ringing before I get to the door. And I'm steeling myself for the worst.

Oh God!

She's lying on the ground. Red silk nightgown bunched near her thighs. There's a shot glass on the ground next to her. I know on further inspection that the sink will be full of one-gallon jugs. I'm kneeling beside her. I didn't even know I left the doorway. The thunder shakes the house. Lightening illuminating the sky.

"Parker.....?" please be ok....please....

Nothing. I shake her a little bit.

"Parker....?!" I'm crying. She has to be ok! She has to!

Her eyes open.

"Jarod.....?"

"Oh thank God!" I'm holding her like I'll never let go. And she's letting me.

Alcohol poisoning. That's my best guess on what it is. She’s drinking herself into an early grave.

Doesn't she know it’s killing her?