Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Don’t own them, you know the story. This is my first fanfiction, so I hope you enjoy it. I don’t know why it put it as 1.1 Lakeland, Florida. It is just suppose to be Lakeland, Florida.


A Pretender Gone Wrong
part 3
by JParker




An hour later, Fair Birch, North Carolina

Miss Parker, Sydney, and Broots got out of the car that they had taken from the airport. They were only a few minutes behind Raines.

Raines had his sweepers get out and rush into the building bringing out a confused Jarod and older man. One of the sweepers had the DSA case, too. They bought them all over to car where Raines was. Raines got out of the car with a gun in his hand and pointed it at the older man and said here is your reward, thank you for finding our Pretender. And with that he shot and the man lay dead.

Miss Parker, Sydney, and Broots pulled up when they heard a gun shot. Oh, please let Jarod be safe, thought Sydney. They all got out of the car running towards the sound. And what they saw was Jarod being pushed into a black car. Sweepers were everywhere and a man was lying dead on the pavement. Miss Parker walked over to Raines, with Sydney and Broots following.

“Nice to see you Parker, but I think you’re a little to late.” Raines said as he pointed the already hand cuffed and unconscious Jarod.

“Jarod is our project so we should be taking him in. She said with another ice glare,” Raines wasn’t as easily scared as Broots.

“Stay out of this Jarod is now mine, and you should be careful about what you say if you don’t want to end up like your mother.”

Miss Parker was about to say something but Sydney interrupted.

“Jarod is not your project we should speak to Mr. Parker about this.”
Sydney was about to have Jarod taken over to their car, when sweepers came up and Raines wheezed to have them escort Miss Parker, Sydney, and Broots back to there car. The three of them did what they were told. It was Miss Parker 9mm against five sweepers with guns already pointing at them. She muttered the whole way back to the car. She was so close to getting Jarod and the answer about her mother’s death. She was just going to have to ask Jarod when they got back to the Centre.

Two hours later, Blue Cove

Jarod is back at the Centre.

Jarod was watched throughout the day. Like all of the rooms in the Centre, the infirmary was equipped with surveillance cameras. The room was quiet except for the beeping of monitors.
Centre Infirmary
“How will he be?” Sydney asked. The doctor updated Sydney on Jarod’s medical condition. “When do you think he will wake up?” The doctor estimated twelve hours. It was actually ten hours later that Jarod woke for the first time. He felt so sore.

“How are you feeling Jarod?” asked Sydney glad that the Pretender had finally woken up

“Sore, I don’t remember anything, I guess that’s probably a good thing based on how much everything hurts right now. He tried to raise his hand but was stopped by the restraints he was in. He tried to move his legs but found himself restrained. “What’s wrong? Why am I tied up?” Sydney put a comforting hand on Jarod’s shoulder and said, “We were worried that you would injure yourself by moving while you were unconscious.”

Raines, Lyle and Mr. Parker entered the room.

“Good he’s awake.” The doctor explained that Jarod had a new drug in his system that he had never seen and was about to say more but was interrupted by Mr. Lyle.“He’s faking it. Give it up Jarod, you don’t really expect us to believe this little Pretend do you?”

“No, I believe he really doesn’t remember. Let us have Angelo test him.” “Do it. Get Angelo up here!” Exclaimed Mr. Parker.

Mr. Lyle shook his head, “I’m not buying it.”

“Willie, get Angelo.”

A moment later, Angelo was brought into the room followed by Lyle. “Angelo, tell us what Jarod is thinking. Is he pretending?”

Angelo went up to Jarod and put his hand on his arm. “Jarod that make Jarod away. Jarod like baby. Not Pretend.”

If Jarod was really gone, then they could tell this person anything they wanted. He could go back to being the property of the Centre as if nothing had happened. Mr. Parker thought. Quickly he said, “I want him Sub Level 26 immediately.” Turning to the sweepers he continued. “You have my orders, no one enters his room without permission from me.”