Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Don’t own them, you know the story. This is my first fanfiction, so I hope you enjoy it. I don’t know why it put it as 1.1 Lakeland, Florida. It is just suppose to be Lakeland, Florida.


A Pretender Gone Wrong
part 2
by JParker





Jarod opened his door to his office, thinking the little walk had done him some good. He was about to shut his door when he felt a needle break though his skin. He dropped to the floor unconscious.

The Next Morning

Dr. Leopold watched as Jarod stirred.

“You shouldn’t have underestimated me Jarod.”

Jarod stares at the man with confusion he had no idea what this man was talking about and who he is.

“Give it up, Jarod I know about The Centre and that you are a Pretender. You can stop faking about not knowing what the Centre.”

Jarod fell back into darkness without even answering the doctor.

He was starting to get worried; the drug shouldn’t be making Jarod sleepy. He went over to the sink and looked at the little medicine bottle and read. Wait a second, the man thought this isn’t what he had meant to get, it must have been that new nurse, and she probably had accidentally switched the medicine. The drug bottle that he was holding was a new drug that doctors didn’t know the cause of using it would be. He read the contents and stared to frown, this drug could cause memory lose, serious pains, and could make the patient sleepy. Why did he care, this was the man who had tried to expose him and have him sent to jail.

Blue Cove

“The hound did it.” Broots said as he rushed into the room.

“Jeez Broots, come on in,” Miss Parker said with sarcasm.

“It found the money Jarod stole, it routed though 506 accounts and it ended up here.”

“A donation for a drug rehabilitation charity. I don’t believe it!” a raged Miss Parker yelled.


Fair Birch, North Carolina

Leopold got up and was looking for the phone book when he finally found it on the counter. However, he didn’t find what he was looking for. In all of the DSA’s it said Centre Use Only. He had to find out what this Centre was, it seemed that Jarod would be worth a lot of money if he were returned. So the man ended up calling the phone information center. The lady asked him where the place he wanted the phone number for was located. He didn’t have a clue, so he asked her to look though all the states. She said that it would be an hour before she could call back with the information. He hung up the phone. He had an hour to wait and had little company; Jarod was still out cold. He went over to the DSA case and put a DSA in and saw a young Jarod doing a simulation about a bombing. He watched with amazement as this child told what to do and was 100% right. He them put in another DSA this one showed a Jarod about the same age as the one laying in front of him. This time he was screaming and screaming and then abruptly stopped. And said the girl died from fear and he explained what had happened. So it seemed that when Jarod did a pretend that he actually became that person and felt what that person felt. He stuck in another DSA after another DSA and another. He had watched about eight DSA’s when the phone rang and it was the women from the phone information center. She said that there where seven places called the Centre and spelled that way. The man thanked her and started to call. He was on the fifth call, and still nobody had heard of this Jarod. He was about to call the sixth one when he heard Jarod moving around. He got up and went over to the pretender.

“How are you feeling, Jarod?” He asked.

“Fine, who is Jarod?”

“That is your name do you remember anything?”

“No.” Answered Jarod.

That was probably for the better if he was going back to this Centre place at least he didn’t remember all of the simulations.

“I think that it would be wise if you went to sleep, you need rest.”

But Jarod had already fallen asleep before the man had finished. The man went back to making his phone calls, and on the seventh phone call he got a young man on the line.

“Hello, I have so information on a Jarod, can you give me someone to discuses this with.”

“Yes, Yes of course one moment please.”

“What!” Came angry Miss Parker.

“Ummm Hello, I have some information on a Jarod, do you know who I am talking about?” Dr. Leopold said surprised that someone actually knew of Jarod.

“Jarod! Where?”

“Wait a minute from what I gather this Jarod is very important, I am willing to make a deal. Say if you give me 10,000 thousand, I will tell you where to pick him and the DSA’s up.”

Blue Cove

After about ten minutes Miss Parker had sealed a deal with man. She had said that they would give him 8,000 dollars and that he better accept that. The man finally agreed and told her where to find him. But what they both didn’t know was that Raines was listening in and telling his sweeper team to get ready. They were leaving for North Carolina. Miss Parker stormed into Sydney’s office where Sydney sat as his desk and Broots sat at the other desk with the computer on it, typing away.

“Miss Parker, how are you today.”

“We have a lead on Jarod. Broots get the jet ready, now!”

“Yes ma’am.” Broots called the front desk to arrange for three to go to North Carolina; a frown was on his face as he hung up the phone.

“Miss Parker the jet has already taken off.”

“Where! Who is using it?”

“Mr. Raines and he is headed off for North Carolina. Miss Parker’s eyes started an icy blue glare that sent chills though Broots.

“Then get us a plane now. I don’t care how, just get it!” With that she stormed out of the office.

“I wonder how Raines found out.” Asked Broots.

“It is the Centre,” said Sydney.