Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer : The Pretender and all character associated with it belongs to NBC and 20th Century Fox. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended




New Genesis
Part 3
By Holly







"Why is it that my head seems to be everyone's target?" Jarod said in irritation as he crossed his arms.

Miss Parker took a step closer to him as she kept her gun aimed at his head.

"Right now I want know why you're here Ratboy?"

"And here I thought we were past name calling! Especially since I rescued you in Vermont."

Parker gritted her teeth, wanting to smack that smug look off his face.

"I'd hate to interrupt this lovely moment but right now we have more important things to do."

A man said as he also stepped out of the bushes with a nine-millimeter gun in his hand.

"You must know this woman Jarod?"

The man paused as he looked curiously back at Jarod.

"Do you always get this reaction from all the woman you meet. Or is it just my wife and this lady who act this way towards you?"

Jarod merely chuckled as he looked back at him.

"No it's just your wife and Miss Parker who act this way."

Parker turned her gun at the man who had put his gun down.

"Who the hell are you?" Parker whispered menacingly.

But Parker didn't get an answer as she felt herself being pushed and then her gun was taken away from her.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

"Shhhhhhhh!" Jarod warned as he covered Parker's mouth.

But Parker elbowed Jarod causing him to grunt in pain and fall to the ground.

"That's no way to treat your friend."

Parker turned to see a woman with dark hair, and dark eyes. Parker gasped as she saw a long object gleaming from her hands.

"A sword?!"

Parker said as she looked at the beautiful blade, that had a dragon carved on the blade itself. Parker also saw that the woman had her gun in her hands.

"Give me back my gun you bitch, or you'll regret it!"

The woman in black took out the bullets the gun and then gave it back to Parker. Parker snatched her gun away as she looked murderously back at the woman. The woman placed the sword back in its sheaf and tied it around her shoulder and above her waist.

"Who the hell are you?" Parker growled as she put her gun away.

"I'm Sonia Mackenzy and this is my husband Marcos." Sonia said acidly as she matched Parker's deadly scowl.

"Now who are you? And what right do you have on threatening my husband with your gun?"

"Your husband had a gun in his hand and he's Frankenboys friend. That was a good enough reason for me to defend myself."

Sonia looked at her in confusion.

"Who's Frankenboy?"

"Jarod!"

Sonia and Marcos looked from Jarod, who was rubbing his soar stomach, to Parker's angry stare. Sonia paused in thought as she saw that there was more to these two people than they were letting on. he could feel the tension between them; it was so thick she could cut through it with her sword.

Her eyes widened as she looked back at Jarod, who looked at Parker with deep emotions that mirrored in his eyes. The look disappeared as Parker turned angrily back at him. Sonia knew Jarod obviously had feeling for this woman. She looked away from them and then looked at her husband. Sonia and Marcos smiled in understanding.

"It's De-ja-vu again isn't it love?"

"Yes it is." Marcos murmured as he slipped his arm around her waist.

Both Jarod and Parker looked confusingly back at them and then looked darkly back at one another.

"Look Parker, were here to save Amelia Velasquez and stop the New Genesis project. I assume that's why you're here too." Jarod said as he looked back at her.

Parker looked away as she stared at the sweeper team that was guarding the cave-like compound.

"Yes it is."

Jarod gave a sigh of relief as he realized that she had calmed down somewhat.

"Then I suggest that we have a truce until this is over. Deal?" Jarod said as he put his hand out to her.

Parker gritted her teeth. She wished she could slap Jarods hand away and tell him that she could do this on her own. But she didn't get to a high position at the Centre by making stupid decisions. She knew she needed his help.

"Fine." She whispered as she ignored his hand and took out her night vision binoculars. Jarod rolled his eyes heavenward and took out his own binoculars and counted the number of sweepers.

"So how do we get past those guards?" Sonia asked as she looked back at Jarod.

"I think I could get past them and get Amelia out on my own."

"No way Jarod. Those bastards are going to pay dearly for what they did to my family. I'm not going to be robed of the chance."

Jarod was dreading this answer as he argued with Sonia.

Parker could tell that they were going no where with this argument.

"I will go and distract them while you three get inside and get Amelia out."

"No!" Jarod whispered as his eyes narrowed at Parker. She turned at the tone of his voice.

"You can't forbid me to do this Jarod. Besides they won't harm me since I'm a Parker. I'll be fine." Jarod still looked hesitantly at her then his eyes narrowed.

"Fine, but if there's any trouble get the hell out of there. I'll be close by if you need me."

Parker looked away from his look of concern. For some reason she couldn't stand that look on his face. She stood up but gasped as she felt a strong grip on her arm. She felt the heat of that touch on her wrist and knew it was Jarod's hand.

"Be careful Parker."

Miss Parker silently nodded as she walked away. Sonia and Marcos smiled knowingly at one another as they observed the two of them.

****

Amelia looked at the small vile labeled embryo C. Her light brown eyes narrowed as they darkened. I'll switch this embryo with the other and hope Devon and his goons don't suspect anything, she thought. Amelia took another vile and toar of the label.

"May I ask what you're doing Doctor Velasquez?"

Amelia gasped as she turned around and faced cold blue eyes starring back at her.

"No-nothing I'm working."

Byron's eyes narrowed as he looked at the vile in her hands.

"Judging from what I saw, it looked like you were switching these two vials."

Amelia turned away from him.

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

Byron chuckled as he roughly grabbed her and turned her around.

"Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about doctor. So I suggest you don't try to deny it, or you'll regret it."

Amelia's eyes widened as Byron's face moved closer to hers. She moved her head away.

"What the hell do you think your doing?"

Byron smiled back at her as he took her face in his hand.

"I'm just wondering if you'll give me a little taste, just like you let Devon try a week ago." He pushed her body toward his as her mouth gaped in shock at what he was doing. Then her eyes closed in fear as she tried to break free of his hold.

"No! Let me go you creep! Don't you dare -----"

She was cut off by Byron's rough lips as they pressed tightly on to hers. She tried to push him away with her arms, but she was powerless to move. Amelia could feel his tongue trying to invade her mouth. She let his tongue slide into hers giving her a chance to viciously bite down on his tongue. Byron cried out as he pushed her away and swore in anger.

"You bitch! You'll pay for that!"

Byron said as he swung his arm up to slap her. But before he could swing at her, his arm was quickly grabbed, as Devon effortlessly swung Byron around. He quickly punched Byron on the face and then delivered a fatal blow to his stomach. He picked Byron up by the scruff of the neck.

"I," Punch

"TOLD," Punch.

"YOU," Punch.

"NOT," Punch.

"TO," Punch.

"TOUCH," Punch.

"HER," Punch.

Byron grunted and shouted in pain as he slowly fell to the floor as Devon pushed him away. He straightened his shirt as he kicked Byron's body around so he could look at his face.

"Do I make myself clear?" Devon growled as he looked darkly back at Byron's bruised face. Byron shook his head slightly as he slowly stood up. Devon pointed to the exit.

"Get out!" Devon snapped.

Byron wobbled away.