Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER: All of you know these characters belong to NBC.


Dark Half
Part 3
By Holly






“Jarod!” Miss Parker screamed out as she was forcefully held back, before she could run towards him. She looked angerly up and gasped as she saw Devon.

“You!” She angerly seethed as she looked furiously up at him.

Devon merely looked calmly back at her angry stare. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet face to face Miss Parker.”

Her eyes narrowed at him. “I can’t say the same for you. You snake in the grass!”

Devon merely stared coldly back at her and looked down at Jarod’s crumpled form on the pavement. “Take him back to the Centre and then have the chopper come back for us.” He ordered as Byron nodded his head. While the rest of the sweepers picked Jarod up and began to walk towards the helicopter.

Only one sweeper was left holding on to Miss Parker. Devon turned his cool gaze back to her and silently examined her features as he slowly walked towards her.

“You look exactly like your mother.” He paused as he stood just inches away from her. His eyes darkened in what seemed to her to be anger. But his face looked expressionless, while his eyes brows narrowed. “You should have taken Dr. Fosters advice! Too bad you didn’t. Now I’m afraid I’ll have to take care of you myself.”

Miss Parker looked coldly back at him with rage in her eyes. “You were the one! The one who wanted me to have amnesia. But Why?!”

Devon looked away from her and motioned the sweeper to take Parker. Then Devon looked darkly back at her. “It doesn’t matter. What matters now is to make sure that the problem gets terminated.”

Her eyes widened as the realization hit her. “YOU----You were the one who gave me that DSA Disk. But---But Why?”

Devon merely gave her a humorless smile. “Think Parker!”

Her blue eyes shot angry sparks back at him as she figured it out. “You bastard you set me up! Didn’t you? You want me out of the picture so you could take over the capturing of Jarod. You had to plant it there so the Triumvirate would have a reason to terminate me!” She looked shockingly up at him. “But why the Amnesia. If you wanted me dead why try to give me Amnesia?”

As the sweeper began to push her forward she forcibly kicked the sweeper but was quickly kicked herself as Devon twisted both her arms and handcuffed them together.

Devon sighed as he and looked searchingly into her own eyes. “Because when I made this deal I asked for you in return for your so called death!”

She felt like hitting him as she felt the rage and anger consuming her. “THERE IS NO WAY I AM EVER GOING TO BE YOURS! YOU GOT THAT FREAK!”

Devon gave a humorless chuckle as he grabbed her arm and pulled her body close to his. “On the contrary my dear. You will be mine. Everyone will think your dead and I plan to finish what Foster started.”

Miss Parker’s eyes widened in shock at his words and began to feel a tingle of fear at the base of her spine.

****

Jarod began to regain conciseness but held back as he remembered what had happened. He evened out his breathing and slowly opned his eyes.

He knew that they were already up in the air as he looked around and saw two sweepers and the pilot. Jarod couldn’t find Miss Parker and knew that she had to be back in town with Devon.

Jarod quickly thought about a plan as his mind raced for an answer. He was grateful that the sweeper still thought he was still unconscious and was doubly grateful that only his hands were tied behind his back.

He moved his arms slowly as he tried the same trick Miss Parker had done with her wrists. He held back a gasp of pain as he dislocated his wrist and was able to be free of the ropes.

Jarod looked back and closed his eyes as the sweeper looked back at him and then looked away. Jarod peaked though his eye lashes and then knowing he wasn’t being watched he slowly stood up and began to advance on the unsuspecting group.

Byron turned around but before he could shout out the warning to Frank. Jarod quickly took the gun from the Frank’s gun holster and turned it toward Byron. “Tell your pilot to land right now!” Byron looked angerly up at him and kept silent.

“Do it!”, Jarod growled as he un-cocked the safety.

Byron looked back at the pilot and ordered him to land. Then he looked darkly back at Jarod. “Next time Jarod you won’t get away.”

“There won’t be a next time.”, snapped Jarod. Once the helicopter landed Jarod pushed Byron and the other’s out and then took off heading back to town.

***

Devon signaled the sweeper to leave the room and looked back at Miss Parker’s angry form. She was hand cuffed to the bed and began to struggle as he slowly approached her.

“You won’t get away with this you psycho! No matter what you give me I won’t forget my past!” Devon merely looked down at her as he began to take out the needle from the gray case he had on the table.

Devon merely looked back at her as his face stayed expressionless but his eyes darkened more as he approached her. “We’ll see about that. Now be a good girl and don’t resist. It’ll be better this way.”

She tried to twist her arm away but was held down by Devon’s grip on her arm. Her face looked alarmingly up at him. “Why do you want to do this?”, she whispered as she stared coldly up at him.

Devon’s eyes showed some kind of emotion but he quickly hid it away as he looked coldly back at her. “Because I want to posses you and I won’t let Jarod take you away from me.”

She gasped as she looked up at him in disbelief. “I don’t know what kind of sick game you think your playing but I won’t be anyone’s possession. Not Jarod’s and especially not yours!”

Devon merely chuckled as he injected her with the needle. Miss Parker gasped and began screaming insults at Devon. Miss Parker gasped as she felt a sudden sense of fatigue. “Why do I feel so sleepy?”

Devon merely put the needle away and sat down beside her. “That’s the drug taking affect. Don’t fight it Parker. Just give in to the inevitable.”

She looked away as she tried to get a hold of her memories that seemed to be slipping from her mind. She looked dazedly up at Devon and before loosing consciousness she whispered. “Jarod!”

Devon’s eyes showed deep anger and rage at hearing her call his name. He slowly leaned closer to her face as he softly stroked her cheek.

“That’s the last time you ever mention that name Parker. You’ll never see or remember Jarod again.”

“Then we have a problem!”, growled the angry voice from behind Devon.

He turned around and faced Jarod. Devon merely looked calmly back at him and took out his hand gun. “I don’t think so Jarod. I won’t fail like the others have in the past.”

Jarod looked sadly at his own reflection as he tried to reason with him.

“Why are you working for them?”, he whispered then his gaze turned to Miss Parker. “Why are you doing this to her?!”

Devon was silent as he walked slowly towards Jarod. “You don’t want to know. Now give up unless you rather go back the Centre the hard way. Which will make my day. I’ve been waiting a long time to do this.”

Before Jarod could ask, he gasped in pain as Devon gave him a quick punch in the jaw. Jarod looked darkly back at his own face that was smiling maliciously back at him.

“I won’t fight you Devon. Please can’t we become friends. Let Miss Parker go and I’ll come back with you to the Centre.”

Devon huffed and looked amusingly back at Jarod. “You think I’d give up Parker so you could make me think your going back. Think again!” Devon gave Jarod a quick judo kick at his ribs and swept Jarods legs right out from under him.

Then Jarod re-bounded back by grabbing Devon’s legs and pulling him off balance. Jarod kicked the gun away from him and punched him on his face. Devon went down and then took out a smaller gun that was hidden behind his dark jacket. “It’s good thing I don’t play fair.”

Jarod put his hands up as he looked darkly back at Devon. “I want to be your friend. Can’t you see the Centre is using you just like they are using Miss Parker.”