Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Toothbrush, alarm clock, three pens and a small pencil, fan, calendar, , copy of Catcher in the Rye, hairbrush, old pc, even older printer, seven tank tops, acceptance letter from Hofstra University, hair gel, a bunch of CDs, eleven scrap books, big box of nerds, TV, VCR, DVD player, toothpaste, underwear, copy of last weeks Entertainment Weekly, eight DVDs, a hell of a lot of socks, Dandruff shampoo, and an imagination. Nope no Pretender! I don’t own the rights or anything related to it, someone else dose. I also don’t own the Princess Bride or any of the other trade marked things I mentioned above or below!

Note: I am unofficially calling this the Princess Bride series. I got the idea for a story while watching the Princess Bride for like the thousandth time after getting it on DVD for my B’day. (God bless DVDs!!!) As I was saying, I got an idea for a fic but when I started writing I ended up very far from the original plot in my head. So I decided to make a series. Part two will most likely be more like what I was trying to write in the first pace. You don’t need to have seen the movie to understand any of my fic. The titles are what I feel are memorable lines in the movie the Princess Bride. I also want to throw in some other lines from the movie into the fic because I really like the movie. I also know that no one reads the notes so if you are… you get a cookie!

J J J Now on with the story!!! J J J


Inconceivable

By: the Injury Princess





--The Centre--
--8:24pm--

Miss. Parker walked swiftly down the marble hall, the sound of her heals clicking on the floor echoed around her. She stepped into her office to find her brother seated at her desk.

“What the fuck do you want Lyle?” She harshly spat out. “Well I was hoping to bond with my sister but if you’re not up for it dad wanted me to give you this.” He said playfully as he threw a stack of papers on her desk.

“What’s this?” she asked impatiently. “Oh just your run of the mill paperwork,” he stood up and started out the door, “have fun Sis.” If there was one thing Lyle loved most about his job it was tormenting Miss. Parker. When she didn’t give him the satisfaction of a response he left the office.

Miss. Parker looked around her office. It was her office. ‘Office’ The word seemed to resonate in her mind. She didn’t know why but the word seemed to take on a new meaning. It meant something else, something cold and uninviting; something that didn’t belong to her but instead it owned her. She looked around the room; the expensive yet standardized furniture, it wasn’t her it was the Centre. The Centre owned her.

She sighed and sat behind her desk.

Miss. Parker looked at the pile of papers on her desk, ‘that’ll take hours,’ she thought bitterly. When she was sure no one else was going to step in for a visit she reached in her bottom draw and took out a shot glass and a bottle of Southern Comfort. It wasn’t like she really cared if someone saw her drinking at work, they already knew, she just didn’t want any one in the room. She looked over at the stack of papers and knew she would definitely be needing a little ‘comfort’ to get through all of it.

After quickly downing two shots she replaced the glass and the bottle and turned her attention to the papers on her desk and there she sat for the next hour.

--The Centre--
--9:30pm--

Sidney walked into her office to find Miss. Parker completely immersed in the paperwork that lay before her.

“I appreciate the company Sid,” she said without looking up, “but unless you’ve got a led on boy genius, Daddy wants this paperwork done before five.” She said nonchalantly giving him an ‘I’m so bored’ look.

Sidney stood looking over her. “What exactly does your father want done?” He asked trying to read the papers on her desk upside down.

“Just some routine security analysis reports. I never thought I’d be stuck with a desk job.” She sighed and with that Sidney left the room.

--The Centre--
--4:25pm--

Miss. Parker walked swiftly down the hall on her way to find Sidney and Broots. She was drained from hours of mindless paperwork.

The hiss of the lab door caused Broots to jump a little in his seat. “Cool it Broots, it’s just me.” She rolled her eyes and he returned his attention to the computer screen. “That’s what I was afraid of.” He mumbled under his breath.

She of course heard him but chose to ignore his comment. ‘After all this time Broots may finally be growing some balls.’ She looked over at Sidney who was engrossed in a report he held in his hand.

“So Sid, what’s so interesting?” She asked in her teasingly defiant tone. She knew that it was most likely one of his projects that he couldn’t go into much detail about. But it was worth a shot to see how much information she could get from him. She was also hoping to hide the fact that she was bored out of her mind from all the paperwork.

“Nothing you’d be interested in.” He said closing the folder and putting it down on his desk. Her mother, he thought, might have been interested in his research on the communication between a death and a blind child. After all it was rather fascinating study, but some how inside he still felt uneasy about conduction experiments for the Centre. Even though he only worked with voluntary subjects now, he always had his doubts. After all you never know what the Centre has in mind for research findings.

Only slightly upset that she didn’t get any more of an answer, Miss. Parker walked over to Broots and leaned over his shoulder as he typed. She was making him nervous; that was the point.

Broots squirmed in his chair until it was more than he could take. “C-c-can I help you Miss. Parker?” he stammered. Sometimes she thought it was incredible how much of her shit he would take. She leaned back as he turned around. “Not unless you’ve found Jarod.” She stated; he should have seen that one coming.

The ringing of Miss. Parker’s cell phone prevented Broots from responding. Although it wasn’t as if he had any remarkable come back to give anyway. “What?” She responded as always.

“Well hello to you two Miss. Parker.” Jarod answered happily.

“What the hell do you want? No, never mind. Save it Jarod, I’ve had just about enough of you for one week. You’ve woken me up at some ungodly hour of the night four time this week. I’ve had enough! So you better not even think of contacting me by phone because tonight it’ll be off the hook.” With that she snapped closed her phone. ‘With any luck,’ she thought, ‘it worked.’

Jarod sat thinking over the odd conversation they had just had. It wasn’t so unbelievable for Parker to be in one of her moods, and it wasn’t much different than his usual conversations with Miss. Parker except for one thing: he hadn’t called her at all this week.

--Miss. Parker’s House--
--Late That Night--

When Parker got home she half expected to find Jarod already in her house but then she reminded herself that it would take him awhile to get there. She already knew which state he had been in so she took all the flight information and the distance from the arrival airports to her house and came up with the fastest route and how long it would take him to get to her house. It was easier than she thought it would be. There were only three airports near him and she knew that he would only drive ten miles above the speed limit when in a hurry.

She knew where he was; it was a mind-blowing thought. Miss. Parker knew exactly where Jarod was and she hadn’t been on the first Centre jet to bring him back. Instead she was waiting for him. She still had her doubts, but she didn’t have time for them she had to believe that she was right. She had to believe that Jarod was on his way.

She thought about how easy it was to catch Jarod when she really applied herself. “I should think of doing this sort of thing for a living.” She laughed to herself as she threw he keys down on the kitchen table.

--Miss. Parker’s House--
--2 Hours Later--

Miss. Parker winced from the pain in her shoulder; she knew she was on the clock. Looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror Miss. Parker straightened out her shirt. She figured she had less than twenty minutes for Jarod to arrive, but she could only hope that she was right. Moments later Miss. Parker heard the back door open quietly. ‘Here goes nothing.’ She thought.

“Let’s do this.” She said to herself as she dropped the small metal object on the floor and walked out of the bathroom.

Miss. Parker walked down the stairs and did her best to be oblivious to the presence in her house. She was about to have a drink of water when Jarod stepped out of the shadows.

“What do you want Jarod?” She hissed. There was something up, he could tell, so he decided to play it safe.

“I just thought I’d stop in for a visit.” He teased.

“You’re not welcome, Jarod.” She said as she moved slowly towards him. He didn’t move as she advanced, after all he was armed. It wasn’t like he’d really shot Miss. Parker but just incase this was a trap; he’d at least have a hostage.

She was inches away from him now; she could feel his breath on her face as she continued. “You know for someone who doesn’t know who he is you sure know how to push other peoples buttons. I bet you would have made the best son. I can see it now; you’d be the son who’s constantly nagging the shit out of his parents until they just wish he weren’t around any more. Your parents don’t know how really lucky they are not to have raised a son like you. Now get out lab rat.” She said slowly and deliberately.

His eyes filled with rage. “I wouldn’t say such things if I were you!” There had been relatively few moments in his life when he felt completely consumed with the emotions of anger and rage but this moment blew the others away. He grabbed her by the arms, he felt it was the only way he wouldn’t fulfill the desire to hit a woman. He was about to say something when her eyes changed. They almost pleaded and he noticed she was holding something between them.

“Do it.” She whispered with ice in her voice but her eyes told a different story. He knew there must be some reason that she was acting this was and why she was trying to hide what she had in her hand. He could only assume that the room was under surveillance.

Without looking Jarod slide his hand down to hers and then into his pocket. In the time it took to take the object from her and put it in his pocket Jarod realized it was syringe. His eyes widened when he realized what she was asking. She wanted him to drug her, and then what? Was he supposed to take her with him, was this supposed to be a kidnapping? He didn’t have time to think everything out.

“Well, if you wont cooperate…” Jarod said hesitating at first, but when he noticed she wasn’t going to put up a fight he shifted into pretender mode. Jarod pretender to take the syringe out of his pocket. Her eyes seemed to be pleading with him as he quickly injected her and caught her before she fell to the floor.

“Let’s get out of here.” She whispered has her eyes heavily fell closed. Jarod picked her up and carried her out the back door. The moon shown brightly through the trees making Jarod feel a little exposed as he ran through the woods with the unconscious woman in his arms. It took Jarod less than three minutes to make it through the woods and to his awaiting car. Jarod opened the passenger side door and got in with Miss. Parker in his arms. He then maneuvered his way out from under her, started the car, and speed away.

~~~~~~~

Jarod drove quickly down the Blue Cove back roads. He kept stealing glances over at Parker wondering what she had him inject her with. He didn’t have to wait long before she began to stir. As they left the state of Delaware Miss. Parker sat up and winced in pain.

“I knew I was going to regret that.” She moaned. “Lay back and sit still or you’ll regret it more.” Jarod told her. She sat back and just looked out the windshield without a word.

Miss. Parker sighed, he looked over at her; something was very different. She was still the same jaded Miss. Parker, Centre born and raised, but there was something new. He could see it in the was she sat. She seemed calm and collected, not necessarily at peace but prepared. Looking over at her he couldn’t help but wonder what she was thinking.

‘Even though she was unconscious for fifteen minutes she looks like she knows exactly what she’s doing.’ Jarod thought. ‘It’s like she’s confidently sitting back while the first part of her plan is in motion. But what is her plan, and what does the next part entail.’

Jarod tried to put the puzzle pieces together in his head but couldn’t exactly figure out what would provoke her to do what she was doing now. He realized he would just have to wait for her to tell him. But first, he decided, they would have to find somewhere to stop and talk.

A few minutes later Jarod pulled into the parking lot of a small motel. Still wondering what Miss. Parker was up to, he pulled the car up to the front door and ran in.

The young woman behind the counter saw him come in and smiled. “What can I do you for?” She asked opening the check in book on the counter.

“Yes, I need a room with two beds, please.” He smiled back.

She winked at him and looked down at the book. “Let’s see… Ah, here you are lucky number seven.” She reached under the counter and handed him a key a big green tab that had a seven printed on it.

He quickly paid for the room and ran back out to the car.

--The Restful Hotel--
--Room #7--

Jarod opened the door to room seven and allowed Miss. Parker to walk in first. He threw his DSA case and a small bag on one of the beds as if to claim it. But for now there were more pressing things than sleep to worry about.

“Well?” He asked hoping for an explanation.

“Well, what?” She asked toying with him as she took a seat in the chair in the corner. He gave her a ‘you know what’ look and waited for her to talk.

“I needed to get away from there, and I needed your help.” She said nonchalantly.

“In other words you set up your own kidnapping.” He asked with a puzzled look on his face.

“In other words, yeah. But only because they were going to kill me.” She said as if it was nothing.

“What?” He asked in shock, he knew it wasn’t inconceivable for the Centre but he never thought he’d hear those words from her mouth.

“Ok that’s not entirely true but it sounded pretty dire, didn’t it?” She smiled devious in control smile. Jarod looked at her; did she really just make a joke?

“What’s going on?” His tone was slightly angered, that was nothing to joke about.

Jarod was somewhat shocked. “It’s sorta simple really.” She explained as she stood up. “I found the files the Centre keeps on me.”

“So they’ve been keeping taps on you, that’s something to expect from the Centre.” Jarod said trying to make it sound like less of a deal than he knew that it was.

“Not just tab, we’re talking detailed notes on my entire life.” She lifted up her shirt to reveal a Zip disk that was taped to her stomach.

She handed Jarod the disk and he looked it over. “From birth to what time I went to bed Friday, it’s all there.” She added.

“Where did you get this? Do they know you have this?” He took the zip disk form her and proceeded to take out and hook up his laptop.

She started to pace around the room. “I can’t be sure. Actually Angelo found it, he handed it to me through an open vent door. At first I didn’t know what it was then I noticed it was a box full of red disks. I still didn’t know what was on them but my inner sense told me that I was never meant to see them. I stashed them in my briefcase and headed to the public library near the Centre. I copied everything onto that Zip disk as fast as I could and brought them back to the place Angelo gave them to me.” Jarod watched her as she explained the events to him, he could see her mind working over everything; he could sense the pretender inside.

Jarod nodded as to approve of the way she handled it.

“Most of the information was gathered through electronic surveillance. This has the notes taken from them.” She stopped pacing and watched Jarod as he set the laptop on the table.

“Where were they gathering the information?” He asked as he reached behind the table to plug in his laptop.

“Everywhere. Cameras in every room in my house, my office, bugs on all my phones, tracking devices on my car… and on me.” She finished bitterly.

“They implanted a tracking device in you?” Jarod was again shocked.

She pushed her shirt down past her shoulder and showed him the small blood stained bandage right above the back of her armpit. She pulled the bandage off to reveal a bloody wound.

“Let me tell you that was a bitch to take out.” She said wincing in pain again.

“That’s going to get infected. Let me take a look at it.” She nodded and he quickly went over to his bag and took out a few things.

“I thought you’d never ask. It hurts like hell, the local anesthetic started to wear off before I could get the implant out.” When he found the things he needed he turned around to find she had already taken off her shirt and was seated at the table facing the other wall. He paused a moment when he saw her but quickly recovered in order to tend to her wound.

“When exactly did you do this?” He asked as he wiped away the dried blood.

“I finished about five minutes before you got there. How long was I out?” She had been wondering if she mixed drugs right.

“Only for another fifteen. I was surprised at how quickly you woke up.” He was obviously impressed.

“Thank Sid for teaching me about sedative drugs and anesthetics. I just used my pretender skills I guess.” He raised his eyebrows after hearing her admit something he’d known for years. ‘Is she really ready to embrace her pretender gene?’ He wondered as he finished cleaning her wound and placed a bandage over it.

She changed, Jarod could hear it in her voice; she knew what she was doing. Jarod knew never to underestimate her but he never thought she’d go this far. Jarod sat across from her at the table and went back to setting up his laptop.

“So you though of everything, Miss. Parker, I’m impressed.” He said popping the Zip disk into the drive. She smiled and raised her eyebrows with an accomplished look on her face.

“I’ll assume from what you’ve told me already that you’ve seen some of the files on this disk.” He asked looking up at her.

“Just two. I printed them out after I finished copying them. I don’t know why I picked those two I guess it was just my inner sense again.”

Jarod pushed the laptop over to her and stood up. “You should be the first to take a look at this then. What do you say to Italian take-out?” He asked.

“That depends on what your idea of Italian take-out is. Because if you intend to ordered a pizza, count me out.” She said.

He grabbed his coat and headed towards the door. “Actually I was thinking more along the lines lasagna. There’s a great little Italian restaurant up the road.” She smiled to give her approval.

“Alright, but if you’re not back within thirty minutes I’m getting the hell out of here.” He nodded and walked out the door.

--The Restful Hotel--
--37 minutes later--

The entire world had faded away and thirty-seven minutes turned into a lifetime. Miss. Parker had fully immersed herself in her life story seen through someone else’s eyes. The eyes of people who wanted to use her as an object, a lab experiment, a numbered test subject.

Jarod stood outside for six minutes before going back into the hotel room. Miss. Parker jumped slightly when she heard the door open. “It’s just me.” He said as he entered.

She closed the file she’d been reading as he set the bag of food down on the table. “You were gone so long I was beginning to think you were making the food yourself.” She joked.

Jarod pulled two covered dishes out and looked over at her. “Actually I did.” He smiled sliding a dish and a plastic fork over to her. “I hope you’re in the mood for spaghetti.” He raised his eyebrows as she smiled.

They began to eat in silence; they knew what they should be talking about but neither wanted to bring it up first.

“So what did you find?” Jarod asked finally.

Miss. Parker put her fork down and took a deep breath. “According to my file I’m a minimum level pretender with one high level quality.”

“Your inner sense.” He asked, and she nodded.

“So far I’ve found out that they’ve been trying out different drugs on me for years. Some of the drugs have worked and while I thought I was doing routine paperwork I was unknowingly performing written simulations. It was like part of my brain was doing the paperwork and another part was doing the sim.” Jarod shook his head in disgust; he had wondered why she had never ran sims. He always thought that it was her father who prevented them from experimenting on her but in reality he most likely signed the papers ordering her tests.

“Don’t worry, as soon as we get out of Delaware we’ll find a lab a I’ll check everything out. If there’s anything in your system I’ll find a way to counteract it. I promise.” Jarod assured her.

She nodded her head. “Good. The more we know the better prepared we’ll be for whatever they have.”

“What are they up to?” He asked.

She really wished she had been drunk when she read this information. “Their goal is to create a drug that would allow them to tell me what to do through my inner sense. That’s really what the drug testing was for. They’ve been trying to find a way to control me by using my inner sense, so far my sense has been stronger than their drugs.” She observed the worried look in his eyes.

“Mind control.” He said angrily.

“At its evilest!” She finished.

“But that’s not all. All of this makes me perfect for one purpose: breeding.” She waited for the shocked look to fade from Jarod’s face before she continued.

Although he was outraged Jarod tried to stay calm in order to review the evidence at hand. “So they’re using you to figure out how to control a pretender with inner sense and then they wanted to use your child as their perfect experiment?” He questioned.

“I didn’t expect you to be so calm about this. After all it takes two to make a lab rat.” She replied bitterly. He wasn’t quite sure what she was getting at but he didn’t like the sound of it. “Jarod don’t be so naive, you’re the best pretender they ever had, and you think they wouldn’t try to use you to make a super pretender. They want to use our DNA to create the perfect pretender that they could control. One that they could make perform whatever they want, one that wouldn’t run away.” He secretly knew that had been what she was going to say but he didn’t want to admit it.

Jarod was angry. He knew it wasn’t so impossible for the Centre after the whole cloning operation but this made him sick. This was a child they were talking about; his child, he was not going to let that happen. Jarod knew he would do anything to stop the Centre from creating his child for their research.

“Why would someone do this?” Jarod asked himself quietly.

“It’s the Centre, why wouldn’t they?” She answered.

“You’re right, it’s not such an inconceivable idea for the Centre. And you would never have to know, they would just have to harvest your eggs and find a woman to carry the child to term. It’s not like they would let you suddenly wake up pregnant.” He said lost in thought.

“Now that would be inconceivable!” Parker laughed.

Jarod looked at her confused. “Gees Jarod, and here I was thinking you knew everything about me.” She noticed he still looked confused.

“When I was twenty I got really sick, I had to fly in from school and spent two months in the Centre infirmary. I had very high fever and was unconscious for most of the time I was there. When my fever broke and I started feeling better they told the virus my body had been fighting attacked my uterus and it wasn’t likely that I would ever have children.” He was shocked, he had never known about this.

She sighted and continued. “The doctor told me that if in any event if I was ever able to have kids there was almost a one hundred percent chance that the child would have any number of birth defects.” She sat back and looked down at her hands. “Now I know what you’re thinking Jarod, but I got a second opinion, the Centre diagnosis was the real thing.” She finished.

“Of curse it is, and that’s just what the Centre wanted, they did this to you.” He almost growled. “Are you sure they haven’t already gone ahead with their plan?” He asked.

She sighed. “From what I read they seemed to be very adamant about waiting until they found the right drug combination.” She could only hope that was the truth.

Jarod rose and began to dispose of his plate. “Good, that means we have time to stop them.” Optimism was the only thing he had left.

“But we wont have time for long, if they don’t get me back they’ll go ahead with it.” She said also clearing her plate.

“So what’s the plan?” He asked expecting her to have it all planed out already.

“We take down the Centre.” She smiled confidently. “But I really didn’t get to think about that yet.” Her smile faded because she knew that it would be a tough job even for Jarod, but she had to hope it would work.

“That I can do.” He told her confidently.

Her smile returned. “What do you suggest?” Miss. Parker knew if anyone could take out the Centre it would be Jarod.

“Well taking in the little amount of time you’ve given me to devise a master plan here’s what I’ve come up with so far. There’s a Centre annex in Oregon and a flight to Oregon from Kentucky tomorrow afternoon, and if we leave now we’ll catch the plane. Once we get to Oregon we’ll setup near by and tap into their system and use the information we find to make our move.” He was glad that he had had the foresight to form a plan while making dinner.

“Let’s go then.” Miss. Parker said grabbing the room key as Jarod hurriedly packed up his laptop. Just minutes later they were back on the road headed far from Blue Cove and the Centre.

--Miss. Parker’s House--
--The same time--

A sweeper team pulled quickly up to Miss. Parker’s house with Lyle close behind.

They jumped out of the van but waited for Lyle’s orders before proceeding into the empty house. “What are you waiting for? Get the hell in there!” Lyle ordered. He watched as they scrambled into the house. “I do not need this now!” Lyle growled as Mr. Parker pulled up and got out of the car.

He was obviously angry. “Well, Lyle. Where’s your sister?” Mr. Parker asked sternly.

Lyle flexed his thumb, still getting use to the new appendage. “We don’t know yet.” He told his father.

“Then get in and find out.” He ordered. Lyle walked quickly into Miss. Parker’s house. Mr. Parker wore a worried look on his face as he looked around before going inside.

Lyle walked in and looked around, apart from the fact the sweepers had opened every draw and cabinet tossing their contents on the floor nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Lyle sighed as Mr. Parker walked in. “This is pointless! Jarod’s not stupid enough to leave evidence. It isn’t as if he’d leave a note saying I took Miss. Parker and by the way here’s why.” Lyle said mockingly.

Mr. Parker glared at Lyle and was about to reprimand his son when a sweeper came down the stairs. “Mr. Parker, I found this in the bathroom floor.” The sweeper held up the small metal chip. Mr. Parker immediately knew what it was and became furious.

“Find her!” He shouted grabbing the chip from the sweeper.

--Somewhere in Kentucky--
--1:45pm--

Miss. Parker woke up and realized that the sun was already up. “Sleep well?” Jarod asked.

She peered out the window and watched the houses role by. “Yeah. What time is it?” She asked rubbing the kink in her neck.

“Quarter to one, we should be at the airport any minute now.” Miss. Parker nodded in approval of their progress. “So, there’s one thing I don’t get,” Jarod began.

“One thing?” She laughed.

“If they were listening to your every phone call, and you knew they were listening yesterday, why would you say that I’ve called you this week when I didn’t and they’d know that?” Jarod asked making a left turn on to a main road.

“But you did call.” She said with a smile. “Or rather I had Broots whip me up a replica one of your famed untraceable cell phones. The hardest part was slipping it, and instructions to call in the middle of the night without saying a word, to Debbie. When the phone rang I said damn you Jarod and she hung up and went back to bed, and not even her father knew about.” She looked over at him and smiled.

“I must say, Parker, you thought of everything.” Jarod smiled back.

“Not everything. I leave bring the Centre down up to you.” Jarod nodded as the airport come into view.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jarod and Miss. Parker made their way through the crowded airport to their gate. They, like everyone around them, were in a hurry.

Miss. Parker looked over at Jarod, she could tell that he hadn’t slept in over twenty-four hours. “You look like hell.” She told Jarod as they made their way to gate twelve.

Jarod shook his head trying to shake off the overwhelming desire to drop to the floor and take a nap. “I’ll sleep on the plane,” he sighed. When he heard their flight being called he grabbed her hand and ran for the gate.

They were cutting it close but made it just in time to hear the last boarding call. “Did you come up with the next part of the plan yet?” Miss. Parker asked as they boarded the plane.

“I’ve narrowed it down to a few possible plans. In one of them I would have to fake my own death, but I like that plan the least because it would involve you going back into the Centre.” He explained.

She made a disgusted face. “What’s the next plan?” She asked.

They showed their tickets to the flight attendant and made their way to their seats. “We could fake your death and strike when they’re not looking. The only problem with this plan is that if you were to die they might want to protect the project and worse they may turn up the timetables and begin playing God.” Nether of them wanted to think about that possibility.

They found their seats and buckled in. “I don’t like that one either. What’s left?” She asked hopping he had something better planed.

“We wait.” He told her leaning back confidently.