Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.





Believing In Rainbows

By: 24



She drove home from another day of trying to track down the ever-elusive pretender. She hated that she had to chase after him and she never got to bring him back to the Centre. She remembered once when she captured him, but he quickly got away again. She hated the game of I chase and he runs, but that was how it was played.



She let herself in the house and knew immediately that there was someone inside it. She drew her gun and announced her presence.



“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” A very familiar voice said from the shadows.



“Jarod, what are you doing here? Hands up where I can see them and walk towards me.”



“Miss Parker, I have information for you. I couldn’t call because this is too important. Please just hear me out.”



“Why should I hear what you have to say?”



“Because it’s about you and it has something to do with me too.”



“What is it?”



“Let me set up the computer and I’ll show you.”



“Fine.”



She couldn’t believe that she was letting him do this. She let him into her house and wasn’t planning on taking him back. She watched as he stepped out of the shadows with the laptop in his hands. He set it up in the kitchen table and they waited for it to boot up.



“What is it this time, Jarod?”



“You’ll see.” Was all he said.



He found the file and then let it load. He gestured for her to sit down and read the file and look at the pictures.



“How could they do that to me? To us? How could the Centre do this?”



“The same people who made a clone of me? The same people who kidnapped a boy in the middle of the night and locked him up for years. You mean those people? I should have expected this, but I never dreamed that it would happen.”



“I’m asking you if you are going to take the turning point I asked you about in the limo? I’m taking the two boys and you’ll never see us again. If you want you can go with us, but if not.”



TBC