Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own them, NBC does. There are no copyright infringements intended, so please don't sue... Neither do I own the song “Hello” by Lionel Richie. Well, it’s one of the most beautiful songs ever and it suits my fav relationship more than well... Somehow it’s only pointless babbling but I was in the mood for writing stuff like that.. It turned out to become a little different than it was planned.. SORRY!!


Title: You
By: Chris
Rated: PG-13


I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I feel so lonely, sitting here inside my room. Nobody here to take care of my, nobody here to love me, to hold me tight. I feel so forgotten. The phone never rings, nobody ever writes me a letter. Did the whole world forget about me? I’m thinking of picking up the receiver and call somebody but is someone out there who would listen to me? Would someone be able to help me escape from my loneliness? Outside the door I hear a movement and a piece of paper is being pushed through under my door. A love letter? A cry for help? Just a note to say someone cares? I don't know.

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted,
and my arms are open wide

It’s just a piece of a newspaper. I open the door but find that the corridor is empty. Nobody there who could have been the postman. I read the letters on the newspaper, just an add, nothing serious. But on the back there are some words. Some words that mean the world for me. They don't mean anything to someone else, only to me. They save my day. It only says “Parker needs you”. Whoever wrote this note knows her very good. Who could that someone be? Who would write me a letter? Or is it just a fake? Is someone out there who wants to make me angry? Who wants to make me sad? I really don't know but I wish I did.

'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...

I can’t stop thinking about him. I don't know why, but he’s always on my mind. I’m sitting at my desk and I don't know what I should do. I need to see him, need to hear his voice, need to feel his warmth next to me. I’m really thinking about writing him. But what should I write? Should I tell him that I miss him? No, that would seem as if I were in love with him. Asking him to call some time? No, would mean the same... So what? I don't know and if I don't find a solution in the near future, I think I’ll go crazy. I’m not depending on him to finish my work. I know I can find him without his hints. I’ll find him and bring him back to the Centre and then he’s all mine.

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again how much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know

I wonder what she’s doing at the moment. Should I call her? No, that would seem as if I were in love with her. Write her a letter? No, too many people would be able to read it as well. And she would tell Sydney or someone else... No, out of the question. What if she doesn’t want me to call? If she hangs up as soon as she hears my voice? No, she wouldn’t do it. She’s set on catching me. She wants me back inside a cell, back behind Centre walls where I depend on someone else’s mercy.

'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely,
or is someone loving you?

All I have to do is pick up the receiver and dial the number. Someone would take the call and then we could talk. Why is everything inside me telling me not to do it? Why does my heart want it so bad? Why does my heart tell me to call and why is my mind telling me not to? I wish I knew what would happen when I really called her. I have to stop thinking. Someone told me to listen to my heart and my heart tells me to pick up the phone and call her.

Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying, I love you ...

This voice. How much I longed for hearing this voice. It seems as if his mouth were close to my ear and he would be whispering the words directly into my ear. But he’s far away and not even thinking about whispering something inside my ear. He’s only asking how everything’s going inside the Centre. And I answer him in my usual cold voice that everything is alright. I can’t let him hear, what I feel. I wish I could. What did he say? Oh my, I have to listen to him, not get lost inside my daydreaming. His voice turns to sound a little concerned. He’s really concerned? Maybe I should confess my feelings to him.

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely,
or is someone loving you?

“What?”
“Hi Miss Parker, it’s me, Jarod.”
“What do you want?”
“Just wanted to ask you how you are.”
“Fine. Why do ask?”
“Don't know. I had the feeling that you needed someone to talk to.”
“Do I? Who told you? The tooth fairy?”
“No, a friend. Parker, please stop playing Ice Queen. Can we meet?”
“What for? I don’t need anyone to talk to. And if I would need someone I probably wouldn’t choose you.”
“Why not?”
“You’re just not the right one to talk to.”
“Not the right one to talk to? What else are friends for?”
“Friends are something else, Jarod. Friends are people who see each other often, go out together, have fun together and share things like hobbies or interests.”
“So let’s start being friends. Let’s go out for dinner and let’s have fun. And we share some things like the wish to escape the Centre or love for someone like Sydney.”
“Oh come on, that’s not a basis to start a friendship from.”
“We once were friends, when we were younger. Let’s build upon this friendship.”
“Alright. Let’s meet. But don't expect too much. Where are you?”
“I’ll pick you up at 8 o’clock at your house. Do you know how many sweepers you’ll bring for dinner?”
“Jarod, I---“
“Don't try to tell me that you’re line is secure and that no-one else is listening to our call.”
“I am alone, really! And I am pretty sure that the line is secure.”
“Sorry, but I can’t believe it. Well, anyway, I’ll call you on your cellphone and tell you where we meet.”

Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying ... I love you

Parker wanted to hang up when she heard three words whispered in the line. Her heart wanted to answer but her voice didn't respond. When she had finally found the strength to answer the line was dead. She whispered those three words over and over again, trying to believe what he had just said. What if her mind had played tricks on her? What if he hadn’t said that words and she had only imagined them? Would she dare to ask him tonight? Would they be alone or had Raines heard the conversation? She wanted to be alone with him. Wanted to tell him that she loved him, wanted to admit that she had thought about fleeing from the Centre, of helping him defending the weak and the poor.
“I want to live a life that’s worth living”, she whispered to herself, “A life that is a life and not only a shadow. A life where I can love laugh and be myself. Have children, a husband and a real life. But if Raines has heard this conversation, I will never ever lead a happy life. He’ll kill me. And then it’s over. Everything’s gone then. Somehow reassuring to know that I wouldn’t have to wonder whether Jarod said those words or not. DID HE SAY IT OR NOT? I wish I knew for sure.”
She sat down in her chair and stared at the desk in front of her. In her mind she could feel him, she could see him. He was close to her, warming her with his body. She didn't hear the door opening, she didn't see the young man standing in the doorframe, didn't see the gun. Pain exploded and Jarod was gone. It was cold and empty. Her body hit the ground and the young man put the gun into Parker’s hands. Everything would look as if she had committed suicide. What a perfect ending for a traitor.