Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: We, the authors, do not own any of the characters of the Avengers, The Pretender or The X-Files_ no matter how much we would like to_ they belong to various television corporations.

Authors Note: this is weird (we were really, really hyper!) so we are not responsible for any offence you might take from this_ and no, it is not what you think it is ;) and NO, we will not tell you what it is, no matter how much you beg and plead.





What is?
By Aussia & Skylark





One night in a dark alley...

"What do you think it is John?" said Emma

"I don't know. Maybe it's... but no, it can't be!!!! I thought... aaaggghhhhh!"

"You're right. Let's have tea."

"But!"

"Shhh! we'll discuss... it ... later."

***

Meanwhile...

"What!?" spat Miss Parker

"It's gone." said Jarod

"What a shame? Have a run in with Lyle* again" she mocked * In reference to when Lyle almost cut off Jarod's thumb.

"No. Not that "it". The IT it!" he said frantically

"If you mean what I think... No! Not THAT it!!!!! Where did it go?" she exclaimed, shocked.

"Well it didn't just WALK OFF!" he said sarcastically, which was amazing, under the circumstances.

"I know that! You must find it! It's crucial for tonight_s rendevue!" she noticed his voice cracking a bit but decided not to mention it.

"Fine. Well, maybe it will turn up by then. I_ll see you there." She hung up.

****

Now, back in the car

"What are we going to do?" worried Emma

"Huh?" said John, distracted.

"What will we do with... it. We can't just leave it back there." she pointed to the alleyway.

"Emma, Emma, why talk now? Why not later. We're... busy. We'll get it later, with them." he said persuasively

"I don't want to touch it but I... I just can't stop thinking about it."

"Is this the place?" John said, tactfully changing the subject

"Yes. Stop the car."

Miss Parker and Jarod get in.

"We've lost it." said Miss Parker.

"We know." said Emma dryly.

"and we know where it is." added John.

"Drive." said Jarod, in absolute and utter panic.

****

Meanwhile... in a totally different city, with totally different characters...

"What do you think"

"Fascinating."

"Amazing! It’s so big!"

"It seems... familiar somehow."

"What do you mean... familiar?" Mulder asked cautiously. Scully peered at it closer.

"It's... no, it couldn't be..." she dropped it, stammering. Then a slow smile spread across her face. She opened her cell phone and dialed.

****

Back in the alley...
"Whadda you mean it's GONE??????!!!!" scream Jarod in pure terror. Suddenly, his phone rang. He wiped his eyes and answered.

"Yes?"

"Missing it?" said a familiar voice.

"Scully!" he said jubilantly.

"Scully?" said Miss Parker and Emma, eyes squinted.

"Yes, it's me! You remember Acapulco?"

"Of course I remember Acapulco..." he trailed off, realizing that both women were reaching for their guns. "Where we saved that little boy from being squished by the steamroller."

"What? Oh, Parker, I see. Meet me at Alpha Bravo 16." they hung up.

"I have to go." said Jarod, running off.

***

Back at the lab...

"Scully where are you going?" yelled Mulder. Scully grabbed it and ran.

****

In Mulder's apartment...

Mulder sat there just thinking "What the HECK is it?" suddenly, the door banged open and two very angry woman burst in.

"Where the HELL is Alpha Bravo 16, what happened at Acapulco, and... and..."

"WHERE THE HELL IS IT!" finished off Emma.

"WHAT THE HELL IS IT?" screamed Mulder. There was a stunned silence as Emma looked at Parker, and Parker looked at Emma. They joined Mulder on the sofa, thinking. Puzzlement crossed all three faces. What the hell was it?

****

Meanwhile at Alpha Bravo 16

Jarod ran in, breathless. "Do you have it?"

Scully smiled conspiratorially, She held up a specimen bag. There it was, in all it’s un-splendor. It. It was one of a kind, a souvenir from Acapulco. It. Jarod collapsed in relief.

"Thank God you saved it."

"The question is," mused Scully, "what to do with it now?

The End. Or is it?