Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don’t own em, wish I didL NBC, MTM studios do…characters used without permission…ya know the drill.




SIM B547000z
Andrea




Note: I’d like to thank everybody who helped me on this fic, and others. Amiee, who always lets me bounce ideas; Gables, who is always there; and everybody on PretendFic who is willing to read my ficsJ And Nic, who lets me put my fics at her site. Thanks!!!!!!

This fic takes place when Jarod is about 24, Parker is about 22. Now, onto the fic!





"Angelo! What’s wrong?" We had been walking in the halls, when suddenly Angelo started to get excited. He ran down another set of corridors, and I followed.

"Back! Back!" He kept repeating that word, over and over. Angelo started to touch every door he came too, racing back and forth frantically.

"Who’s back, Angelo?" I panted, trying to keep up with him.

"Friend!" He screamed.

"Friend?" I asked. Angelo found the right door, and tried to open it. I realized where we were…the room Angelo was trying to open had belonged to Miss Parker…"Oh no," I said, mainly to myself. "Angelo, come on!" We’ve got to get out of here!" I still remembered the punishments I’d been given as a child for sneaking around this wing of the Centre. I tried, unsuccessfully, to pull Angelo away.

"Trouble! Friend in trouble!"

"Trouble? What kind of trouble?" But Angelo didn’t answer. Finally I couldn’t take it. I helped Angelo open the door, and discovered it was locked. I backed up about 10 feet, and ran into the door. The door gave, and I fell onto my face, Angelo right behind me.

Scrambling to my feet, I saw somebody lying on the floor. It was Parker…next to her were empty pill bottles, prescriptions for Valium. Each bottle should have 40 capsules…they were completely empty! "Oh my god…" Next to the bottles was a note. I picked it up, shoved it into my tunic. I had to get help! I ran into the hallway screaming "Emergency!" at the top of my lungs.

Sweepers responded instantly to my call. They rushed into the room. I quickly slid into a hidden doorway, pulling Angelo with me. When the coast was clear, we went back to the SIM Lab.

When I asked Sydney what had happened, he was surprised that I knew. "Well, as you know, Miss Parker is back. Earlier today, Sweepers found her in her room, apparently she’d had an allergic reaction to some pills."

I couldn’t believe my ears! "Allergic reaction." As far as I could tell, Sydney wasn’t lying. He didn’t know the truth!

That night, getting ready for bed, I found the note written in Parker’s loopy script.

I have nothing left in this world. There is nothing for me anymore. No reason for me to exist. My life is a joke, an accident. Nobody cares…I’m just a possession. Just an object to use as they wish. That’s why I’m doing this. Let me be…don’t try to save me.

Parker


Oh my god. Did she really believe that? Believe that it was true? What lies had the Centre told her, what lies had she lived all these years?

I had to know what was going on. I crept down to the Infirmary. When I found where Parker was, I looked for her chart. She’d had her stomach pumped hours earlier, now she was under a sedative.



A Few Days Later

Once again I was roaming the halls with Angelo. He’d been my friend ever since Parker left. Walking down the wing I’d been haunting for a week, waiting for Parker’s return, I ran into her. "What the hell do you think you’re doing?"

I ignored the words, asked a question of my own. "Are you ok?"

"Ok? Why wouldn’t I be?"

"Just last week I found you here. In your room."

"Were you spying on me? Hoping to see something?" Parker asked indignantly. "Well, you wouldn’t have seen anything anyway. I just arrived here a few minutes ago."

"What?" I cried. "Angelo and I found you here…Don’t you remember being in the Infirmary?"

She ignored me. "Jarod, I don’t want to hear any of your little ‘games.’ It was amusing when we were children, but not now." Parker walked away, leaving me there, confused.

Once again I slipped into the Infirmary late at night. I found her chart again, flipped it open, read frantically…I was searching for something.

Moments later I found that something.

Name: Parker, Miss

S: F

Reason of Admittance: See note

Note: SIM B547000z


Oh my god…I remembered that SIM! It had been information the Centre had gained from WWII, they had wanted to see if what Menegel had discovered was true. I proved that it was…apparently, the Centre hadn’t been satisfied with my results…they had to try it on a human…

I couldn’t believe that Mr. Parker would allow his daughter to be used in this way…

In SIM B547000z, a person was given pills to induce suicide. Then, at the last minute, they were saved…but the Centre had changed the experiment just a bit…they had also added a sweep of the person’s mind, in effect, deleting all memories of the suicide. I had no idea why the Centre would have wanted to do this…why it would be useful. But someone had thought so…so Parker had been turned into a human guinea pig.



One Week Later

I watched the Personnel Wing of the Centre for hours, hoping to see Parker…I had to know. One day, my persistence paid off. I was just about to leave when she walked off the elevator, toward her room. I quickly stepped in front of her door. "Get the hell out," she told me brusquely. I didn’t move. "What, pretending not to hear me? Get out Jarod, before you get hurt."

"What do you remember?"

"Remember about what," she asked.

"The SIM…SIM B547000z." I asked.

"Jarod, I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Don’t you remember anything? Taking the pills, writing the note?" I said desperately.

"Oh, that…what’s so important about that?"

"You tried to kill yourself!" I cried.

"So?" Parker said flippantly.

"So? Is that all you have to say? Just so?"

"Jarod, as far as I’m concerned, nothing happened. It was a momentary lapse in sanity." Parker explained.

"Nothing happened?" I couldn’t take it anymore, I exploded. "NOTHING?"

"Nothing…" she said nonchalantly. "Now get the hell away from the damn door." I moved silently…tears streaking my face. Once again, I didn’t know what to think. Before she left me there, Parker had one more thing to say, "Jarod, you want freedom…you want the outside world. You could never take it, you can’t handle life here." Her last words broke another barrier inside me; tears leapt in full force.