Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1.
Note: The "Our Lady of Mercy College" really exists – but not in White Bear Lake. It was the school I attended when I was in Parramatta / Australia. It's a Catholic Girl's college run by nuns. Thanks to everyone I met there and helped me having a wonderful time!

An Imaginative View Of The World 48/?
by CHris

Kyla opened her eyes. She was still in hospital. She hadn't changed places? No, she had changed. There were less machines standing around her bed and the beeping wasn't regular. She was somewhere else. But where? The universe with Jarod and Parker in New Zealand had ended, hadn't it? She had died. The universe with the other Miss Parker. She didn't know if she wanted to close her eyes again and go to another universe immediately or stay here for a while and try to find out more about this universe. Hadn't this been where she had seen Doc Fraiser before? She had seen her in what had once been the real world. Maybe she was just hallucinating? Or she was sitting in a loony bin, in a padded cell, drugged and completely wrapped up in daydreaming without ANY connection to what was real. Her real life seemed so far away. Normal life where she had gone to school, had loved to read science fiction books, had been secretly in love with Michael, had done ballet and written stories. Normal days with quarrels with her mom, meetings with her friends and Sundays where she had spent half of the day in bed. Yes, she had found new friends in all these universes and everything seemed real – except for the fact that she had seen all those people on TV. They were actors, the stories were invented and NOTHING WAS REAL! Or so it had seemed. She yelped when someone gently touched her by the shoulder.
"You alright?"
She opened her eyes. Janet Fraiser was standing next to her bed and smiled down on her.
"Yeah, sure. Can I go?"
"No, you're staying. I can't let you go like this. Your heartbeat is very irregular but don't worry," she added when she saw the scared look on Kyla's face, "this is nothing we can't fix, I'm sure."
"For how long have you been working here? I think I've seen you somewhere else before."
"Not very long. I've been at a military hospital before and sometimes I'm working with paramedics. Why do you ask?"
"I don't know. Paramedics? Have you been at the car crash where my parents died?"
It felt wrong to ask that question. That was part of this universe and hadn't really happened, had it? And she knew that Janet Fraiser was part of the Stargate universe. Could it be that the universes were starting to merge into each other?
"I don't know, honey. Are you sure, you're alright?"
"I'm sure. Please, I'm just trying to find out where I've seen you before."
"Maybe at school? I have a daughter your age and I've attended a few school performances."
"What school? What's your daughter's name?"
"Her name's Cassandra and she's going to the Our Lady of Mercy College in White Bear Lake."
"That's my school. Now I know where I've seen you before. Thank you. Maybe you've seen me as well at the performances, I'm in the ballet group."
How old was she in this universe? She remembered meeting Krystal and KB in this universe and they had been talking about the sports carnival at school.
"The sports carnival – was that today?"
"Yes, it was. Sorry you couldn't attend. Michelle said something that you weren't feeling well last night. And that's exactly what I wanted to talk about."
Had she told someone – except Krystal and KB – that she wasn't from this universe? She doubted that. She had acted like she was part of this universe and she wasn't sure if she should trust Dr. Fraiser. She was a wonderful woman but what if it was just a coincidence and she had never been to the Stargate program? It wasn't worth the risk. She had to play her part and pretend to belong to this universe.
"What has happened yesterday? Michelle said something about something weird you told her."
She HAD told Michelle her story. She remembered now. She had left a few things out but she had told her that she was switching through the universes. And obviously Parker hadn't believed the story.
"Something weird? What did she tell you?"
"She said that you lost consciousness twice and said something about not belonging here. Does it sound familiar?"
"Yes," Kyla sighed, "it does. But I fainted only once."
"Oh, that's great to hear. Kyla, I've been talking about what you said."
"Do we need to talk about that?"
"Yes, we do. Maybe that helps me explaining what's wrong with you. Kyla, I have no idea what's the matter with you. You're a really healthy young lady and you're heart's as healthy as you are. There's nothing wrong with it except for the fact that it doesn't beat like it's supposed to do. And there's another girl who said that she's coming from another universe and that she doesn't belong here."
"Another girl? What's her name?"
"First you tell me what's happening, please. I want to help you, OK?"
So Kyla told her story. This time she told it without leaving anything out. At least she tried to. She told Dr. Fraiser everything she remembered.
"That sounds unbelievable. We will run a few tests and try to find out what's happening – if that's OK with you."
"It's alright."
"Good, now you need some sleep."
"Sleep? But I'm not tired at all!"
"Then I will have to make you sleep, sorry."
She pushed a few buttons on the computer next to Kyla's bed and the beeping sound changed. Dr. Fraiser smiled and put her hand on Kyla's shoulder.
"We'll find a way," she said and left the room. Kyla wondered if she had believed her story but hadn't much time to think about it. Whatever Fraiser had done – she felt it entering her bloodstream and she fell asleep.

–—