Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1.

An Imaginative View Of The World 44/?
by CHris

"Are you feeling alright? Ensign? Can you hear me?"
She opened her eyes. Where was she? She was sitting on the floor and leaning against a wall. A man was crouching in front of her, his hands on her shoulders shaking her slightly. Who was he? And then she remembered. She was aboard the Enterprise. The last time she had been here she had left the bridge and had wished herself away. And it had worked. But who was he?
"Ensign?"
"I'm fine. Thank you, sir."
He helped her up and she peered around the corner. On the bridge there was the same chaos there had been when she left. She needed to get near a science station to get their position. Their position was important. And maybe she could get back to the other Enterprise as well and ask them to get to that position as well. She fingered for the implant in her arm but it wasn't there. Technology like that hadn't been invented yet she supposed. She looked at her wrist. No watch but the protection band. Willow was still with her. She smiled. She straightened her uniform and stepped onto the bridge. Nobody seemed to notice her. They didn't even look up. She walked over and came to stand next to Ensign Hoshi Sato. Nobody had seemed to mind her walking around the bridge. Or they were too preoccupied with the things happening around the ship. The only one who smiled at her was Hoshi who was sitting at a science station and she hoped to get a glance at their position. Or maybe she would tell her if she asked. But she didn't dare. It was eerily silent on the bridge. Nobody was talking.
"Hi Kyla. Do you need something?" Hoshi whispered.
"I know it sounds weird but what's our current position? I need to know that for some calculations."
"We're next to an uncharted planet. The Captain called it Abydos. Does this help you or do you need coordinates? This is a dangerous situation, I don't want to ask you what you need these coordinates for and I'm not the one who told you, OK?"
"Thanks. Coordinates would be great but if you don't feel comfortable with telling me the name will do as well."
"Would be better. Where are you going now?"
"Trying to make myself useful with repairs and cleaning up."
"Go to sickbay and ask Phlox if you can help him. There are many wounded people and he can need any help he gets."
"OK, I will go there. Thanks again. Let's hope this is over soon. See you then."
"See you."
She walked over to the turbolift. Still nobody seemed to notice her. Only when the doors started to close she heard someone rushing over and the doors opened again. It was Ensign Mayweather. He smiled at her.
"Where are you going?"
"Trying to make myself useful in sickbay. I heard Phlox needs help and there's nothing for me to do on the bridge. Where are you going?"
"Nowhere. I wanted a few seconds with you without anybody looking."
And to her surprise he held her close and kissed her. She let go of the control panel and the lift stopped. That had been the last thing she had expected.
"Are you alright? You seem a little agitated?"
"I'm fine. Guess it's just the circumstances that make it a little confusing. My mind's somewhere else."
"Sorry."
"No need to apologize. My fault. I'll see you when all this is over, OK?"
"Sure. Don't let Phlox harm you," he said and the turbolift started moving again. He kissed her on the nose before she left the turbolift. Surprise! Another affair. But much better than Harry Kim. And a little more color in her life was perfect. She grinned when she stood in front of sickbay. She knew where she was going? She had no idea where on the ship sickbay was situated but the doors were unmistakably those of sickbay, they held the corresponding symbol. She pressed the button to open the door. But she didn't see sickbay. But it was a familiar sight. The door was filled with a watery substance. Like a Stargate. But somehow the sight was familiar. Hadn't she crossed to another universe like that before? She had lost count of how often she had changed universe but it must have been at least 30 times. Did it matter? No. She took a step forward and stepped into the open Stargate. The world turned upside down and up again while she was speeding through to the next universe but it was a funny feeling at first. Then she wished it to stop. Why didn't it stop? This took much too long!