Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc.and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.


Kryptonite
by bLiNk







~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarod hoped he would be out of Savannah when Parker arrived. He still had to close up all loose end on that fraud-ring he exposed that had encompassed some historic homes downtown. He also wanted to pick up that CD he had heard on the radio recently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Broots!', she yelled as she laid her steaming cup of coffee down, 'What is this?'
'I..I..I don't know Ms. Parker, it appears to be a book.' he answered shakily for fear of her yelling again.

It was a book. A certain book in fact entitled, 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.' Ms. Parker opened it to reveal on the inside cover a message, 'Strange book, but intriguing city. -J'.

'Broots, what's this 'Midnight-Garden' city Wonder-Boy's playing in now?' said Ms. Parker.

'Umm...err', he said scanning the greenish book, '...Savannah, Georgia it looks like Ms. Parker.'

She eyed his nervousness and brushed it away. 'Pack your bags, Broots, we're going South.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She ran off to slip a fake lead on Jarod on Baby Brother's desk. It was something about Upstate New York, somewhere near the border of Canada. It's always nice to keep Lyle out in the cold,' she thought wickedly.

She returned to her office and Broots was already to go. 'O and Broots, I have to pick up something for baby brother's birthday. And I know your thinking lump of coal, *I sure am, but then he would use it to stay warm up there in Canada, damn* and I think he should get something he much more 'deserves.'

~~~~~~~~~~~

He grinned, he was finally going to get that CD he had wanted. That CD was by '3 Doors Down'. They were some band he had heard of while flipping channels in his nicely equipped Centre-funded Explorer. He had started listening to the radio more often since his pretend as a radio announcer. The constant background sound seemed soothing to his often stressed mind.

He strode into Best-Buy. That pretty woman he saw earlier was working aisle 5. *It shouldn't take long to find the CD*, he thought. *It's right in aisle 7, next to the stereos.* uh oh. He looked up to see the large yellow sign that read "We have moved our aisles to accommodate a larger selection". *Damn*

*Well*, he thought, *this will give me some time to thin of other things I need*.

He spotted Broot's daughter wandering around in aisle 18. He saw Broots in the aisle adjacent to it. *OMG*, he thought. *This is all I need right now. Broots wouldn't be shopping with Ms. Parker though, so it should be all right?!?*

He quickly eyed the 'easy access menu' swinging directly above him. 'CDs--Rock', it said, 'Aisle 25.' Jarod jogged out of sight and over to aisle 25. It was his lucky day, the 'T' section needed for the '3 Doors Down' CD was the next aisle over.

Then Jarod remembered the extra power bar he needed to plug all his crap in for his computer. He surveyed the menu once again, which led him to a shelf of electronic supplies which lay within 3 aisles of Broots' assumed position.

Little did Jarod know that Ms. Parker had come up to Broots to see if he was having any luck, buying a birthday gift for Mr. Lyle. Broots decided to let Ms. Parker decide between the to items he had picked up. Ms. Parker agreed with Broots that the first item would be better, and with that done they headed for the numerous amount of registers of which not surprisingly 3 were open.

While they were pondering which register would be fastest, they s ³potted Wonder Boy. It took them about 5 seconds to decide that Ms. Parker should go after him, and leave Broots in-line with his daughter to tackle the combined price of both peoples purchases.

Ms. Parker yelled, 'Jarod!'. The pretty cashier looked over to where he was as well as the small crowd that had been waiting in-line. Jarod ran towards the doors.

Unfortunately, his CD beeped. The idiot at his register didn't take the metal thing off. This gave Parker more time to try an get through the lines of people waiting. Running though a line of irked customers that are sandwiched together in stilletto-like shoes is hard work. *Damn*, she thought. The feeling between her and Jarod at that time was probably mutual.

As Jarod was jogging to his car, Ms. Parker had reached the exit. A guard had stepped in front of her. 'Out of my way!', she barked. He was unamused 'You haven't paid for those' he replied calmly. *Broots!* she yelled silently in her mind. She through the post-its, she had neglected to give to Broots at the the guard and proceeded to dash around him and out the door.

Just then she caught a glimpse of Jarod pulling on a pair of silver Oakley's and speeding from the parking lot and out of sight. Next time she thought to herself. 'Bagging Wonder Boy', she chuckled to herself, 'would be too good for Lyle's birthday anyway.

*Boy did he look good in those glasses and tight black shirt!* Damn. * Where did that come from and she quickly shook it from her thoughts.*

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarod slid the new CD in the car's 5'disc player. He turned the volume to a moderate setting. The first song on the CD was entitled 'Kryptonite'. It was the one he had heard on the radio. Jarod grinned.


I took a walk around the world to
ease my troubled mind
I left my body lying somewhere
in the sands of time
I watched the world float in the dark
side the moon
I feel there is nothing I can do, yeh



I watched the world float to the
dark side of the moon
after all I knew it had to be something
to do with you
I really don't mind what happens now and then
as long as you'll be my friend at the end



If I go crazy will you still
call me Superman
If I'm alive and well, will you be
there holding my hand
I'll keep you by my side with my
superhuman miiiiiight
Kryptonite....Yeh!



You called me strong, you called me weak,
but still your secrets I will keep
you took for granted all the times I
never let you down
you stumbled in and bumped your head, if
not for me than you would be dead
I picked you up and put you back
on solid ground



If I go crazy will you still
call me Superman
If I'm alive and well, will you be
there holding my hand
I'll keep you by my side with my
superhuman miiiiiight
Kryptonite....Yeh!




the end