Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I hate this part, so I am making it short and sweet. ALL the Pretender characters are the Pretender’s. The rest are mine.
Author’s note: This is the sequel to 'Last One There is a Rotten Egg'car cash.com, so I suggest you reading that one first, otherwise, you’ll be rather lost.





The Rotten Egg

by AngelWings







The whole world froze as the word "Three" rang through the air. It seemed everyone held their breath. He felt his captive put more pressure on the trigger and gasped in surprise as the gunshot rang in his ear. He clenched his teeth for what is coming and for a second, felt no pain. Blackness soon followed and he felt his whole body go numb. He couldn’t stand anymore and soon gave up trying and let himself fall to his knees.

This is how it is to die, he thought as he stared off in shock as he took in his last breaths.

"Jarod no!" Sydney shouted.

A couple yards away, Jarod heard the gunshot and then Sydney’s voice shouting his name soon followed. He quickly looked up to what was going on and a horrible scene greeted him. He watched in horror as his friend fell to the cement below, never to move again and saw Sydney struggle with all his might to get away from the hands that held him.

Now Jarod felt the urge to struggle to get away from his captives, but stood his ground and watched in shock as Sydney freed him self and ran to Kevin’s side. The old man burst into tears and kept saying Jarod’s name over and over again as he leaned over the dead body.

He thinks Kevin is me, Jarod thought. He held back the tears that threaten to show as he watched his mentor cry over his to shout to Sydney was unbearable. Jarod so much wanted to tell him that he was here and let him know who he and that he was okay, but the consequences might be painful, or maybe even fatal. Oh, what the hell!

"Sydney!" Jarod shouted, surprised at his own action. Before Sydney could even look up, Jarod received a blow to the back of the head. It hurt like hell and for the first few seconds of it felt like he had been shot too. His captives who held his arms allowed him to fall to his knees, but didn’t release him. Jarod took a time out as he waited for the pain to subside.

Sydney watched through tears as they hit the young blonde a couple yards away. It sounded like Jarod… but it couldn’t be. Sydney slowly looked down at Jarod’s body again and put his hand on his back and the other on his shoulder. Very carefully, Sydney rolled the body over to get a better look. But as soon as the body was facing up, Sydney was grabbed and pulled to his feet. Georgia stepped in front of Sydney so he couldn’t see the dead man anymore.

"Don’t try to get away from us again old man. We are doing you a favor," she sneered.

"Favor my ass!" Sydney snapped. Miss Parker was shocked or rather proud of him. "The Centre will hunt you down! The Centre will kill you!"

"I’m trembling!" she said in mock horror. She gave him a wicked smile before turning on her heel. "Move him out of here," she ordered, referring to the body. "And for the three stooges… let them go so they can scurry back to their ‘Centre’ to tell them the bad news."



"What?" Sydney asked in shock, as he looked from the limo’s window to Miss Parker.

"Jarod is a live!" Miss Parker said the hundredth time.

"But I saw them shoot…"

"It wasn’t Jarod. It was that Kevin guy."

"But he had Jarod’s leather coat and the mole by his right…"

"Sydney! It wasn’t Jarod!" Miss Parker couldn’t help but noticethe happiness that grew in Sydney’s eyes.

"Then where is Jarod?"

"You know the blonde that shouted your name? Well, that was Jarod."

"Huh?"

"That was Jarod."

"Wow," Broots interrupted in astonishment, sitting across from them. Both Miss Parker and Sydney looked at Broots like they didn’t notice him there until now.

"You have something to say?" Miss Parker sneered at him.

"Um, n-no Miss P-Parker," he stuttered out nervously.

"Good."

"So? What do we do now?" Sydney asked.

Miss Parker shrugged her shoulders as she pulled out a cigaretteand lit it. She placed it in her mouth, inhaled and then blew it in Broots’ general direction.

"Well, first we get as much Centre goons as possible, locate the Dwelling that has our project and kick their sorry asses to Hong Kong," Miss Parker said, lifting an eyebrow for agreement.




"But daddy…"

"No angel," Mr. Parker said, shaking his head. "We are not going to cause a war, especially with the Fortress Dwelling. It is way too dangerous."

"But we can’t just let them take Jarod like that!"

"We can and we will."

"So that’s how it is, huh? We kill the antelope and the damn hyenas take it from us? And all we do is tuck our tails between our legs and whimper away?"

"Princess, do you even know who the Fortress Dwelling is?"

"I don’t give a rat’s ass of who there are! They have Jarod!" she screamed angrily, slamming her fists down on her father’s desk. Her father jumped in surprise.

"Why don’t you take a vacation," he father suggested.

"No damn it!"

"Yes! Take a week off, two weeks more like it. I don’t want to hear from you until you return after those two weeks."

"Daddy!"

"Now!" He stood up from his seat and pointed towards the door. "Move it and that’s an order!"

Miss Parker lifted her chin higher in the air and looked down at him with a blank expression. "Fine, daddy." And with that she turned on her heel and left his office.

Mr. Parker sighed heavily and rubbed his tired eyes. "Maybe I trained her a little too well," he murmured to himself.



Miss Parker jumped in surprise as the phone next to the coach broke the silence. She let out a sigh and put down her book and reached for the phone.

"What?" she snapped.

"How are you feeling?" Sydney’s voice said from the other line.

"Fine, why you ask Syd?" she said, just a hint of announce in her cold tone.

"Well, I wanted to ask you how it went with your father."

"Well, let’s just say there will be no more games, no more puzzles, no more pranks, no more late phone calls… no more Jarod," she said, hiding the sadness in it all. She heard Sydney let out a sad sigh.

"Your father won’t do anything about it?"

"No, Sydney," she said, but this time couldn’t hide the quiver in her voice. There was long silence that stretched over the two. "I thought I always hated his games…" she began. "But after they are gone, I kind of miss them." Sydney sighed again.

"Yes, me too Miss Parker, me too." And with that Miss Parker heard the click on the other line. She slowly pulled the phone from her ear and hung it on. She lied her head back on the couch and stared at the ceiling for a long moment.

What a mess, she thought.

Just then, she heard a soft tap on her door. She sat up and listened for a while for further noise and was satisfied with another knock. She quickly got up and walked over to her door and unlocked and opened it. Before she could even see who it was through the darkness, someone collapsed against her and she had to wrap her arms around him to keep him up.

"Jarod?" she asked as she lead him to the couch and carefully lied him down. Quickly she returned to the door, looked outside for anyone else and then closed and locked it. When she turned for him again, she felt wetness on her shirt and looked down to see herself drenched in blood.

"Oh my god," she softly said, looking back up at Jarod, who lay on the couch.

She quickly returned to his side and turned the lamp on that set on the table next to the couch and studied him. He had a gunshot wound on left side, right under his rib cage and another wound on his right thigh. He looked exhausted and looked like he had lost about fifteen pounds. Oh and look, he returned to his natural hair color.