Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Y2K Compliant
By: G. Barton

Miss Parker stared out her hotel window at Time Square. She couldn't wait to get out there and wait for a new year. As she turned to grab her jacket there was a knock at the door.

"Who can that be?" She wondered for she hasn't told anyone where she was.

She open the door and saw a cart with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. "I didn't order this," she said to herself.

"No, I did." A man came from around the corner.

"Jarod." She busted out laughing at the 2000 compliant boxers he was wearing and nothing else. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought we could bring in the new year together." He held two more bottles of champagne in his hands. "May I come in."

She stared at him for a few minutes. "Sure but what's with the boxers?"

"I wanted to make sure I was Y2K ready."

"Oh." She couldn't help but notice how good he looked. "You can sit the bottles down now."

"Oh...yeah....thanks." He sat the two bottles down and went to the window.

"How did you find me? I didn't tell anyone were I was."

"I know everything, Miss Parker." He stared down into the street.

"Would you like to go down there, Jarod?"

"Mmm....no...too many people. Why is that where you were headed?" He turned back to face her.

"Yeah but I think I like this view better," she said staring at him.

"Me too."

She wasn't sure if he was talking about the big crystal ball or her.

He looked down at his watch, "It's almost Midnight. Why don't we open the champagne?" Jarod pulled on the cork while Miss Parker impatiently waited with the glasses in her hands.

Jarod kept pulling, "Jarod, it's going to be 2000 before you get that bottle opened."

"I'm trying."

She grabbed the bottle from him and gave the cork screw opener one yank. The cork flew up and bubbles landed all over the floor. She poured it into the glasses and handed him one.

"Look, one minute and it goodbye 1999, hello 2000." Jarod said excitedly.

"Yeah but this doesn't change things. I will still be after you in 2000 just like in 1999."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Miss Parker." He looked down at his watch one last time. "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six...come on Misss Parker....five, four, three, two, one. Happy New Year." He reach over and gave her a kiss on the lips.

"Jarod..." She couldn't believe what he just did.

"Yeah."

"Happy New Year."

"Would you like another glass?" he asked.

"No, actually...maybe we should see if you are Y2K compliant." She pulled off his boxers as kissed his lips.

"Well...Miss Parker." He pulled her closer as they fell on the bed.

The End!