Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Full Moon
By: G. Barton

Broots walked by Sydney's office. Miss Parker and Sydney were getting to leave. Broots stuck his head in and said, "Good night. I will see you in the morning. Hey, don't forget, be careful tomorrow is a full moon."

Miss Parker answered, "So, what? Do you turn into a werewolf or something?"

"No, but you know what they say, people change when it is a full moon." Broots replied back.

"I don't believe in that nonsense." Parker hastly replied.

"I don't know Miss Parker. I have heard of some crazy things happening on a full moon." Sydney told her.

"Oh, don't tell me, you believe in this nonsense, Syd." Parker replied back.

"I'm not saying I believe in it. I have just heard of weird things happening, thats all." he responded back to Parker as they walked to their cars.

"Well, I don't believe in that. I will see you tomorrow." Parker said as she got into the car to leave.

"Miss Parker doesn't believe in a lot of things." Broots told Sydney as she drove off.

"What do you expect, Broots? She has had a rough life." Sydney replied while unlocking the car doors.

"I guess you are right. See you tomorrow." Broots responded.

"Bye." Sydney replied back as he got into his car.

*********

The next morning Parker arrives to work in an extremely good mood. She walks into Sydney's office and says, "Good morning, Syd. Did you sleep well?"

Sydney turned and looked at her and replied, "Yes, I did. What is with you today?"

"Nothing. Why?" she answered cheerfully.

Broots walks in wearing a blue shirt. Parker turns to Broots and responds, "Good morning, Broots. I like that shirt. Where did you get it?"

Broots looked at Sydney and didn't say a word. He finally answered, "Debbie got it for me. Are you feeling okay, Miss Parker?"

"Yes, why is everybody asking me that?" she replied back with a smile.

"Oh, no reason." they both answered.

Miss Parker walks out and goes to her office. Broots walks closer to Sydney and whispers, "What happen to Miss Parker?"

"I don't know, Broots. Maybe it has to do with full moon." Sydney answered back.

They shake their heads and replied at the same time, "No, it couldn't be. Could it?"

Broots said, "You know, strange things do happen."

"I know, but this is Miss Parker we are talking about." Sydney answered.

"I know. That would explain her good mood." Broots responded.

"It could be." Sydney replied while sitting down in his chair.

*********

Miss Parker walks over to her desk. The phone rings.

"Hello, Miss Parker speaking."

"Well, hello Miss Parker. I see you are in a good mood this morning. Did something happen to daddy." Jarod replied on the other end.

"Well, hello Jarod I am glad to hear from you and no, nothing happen to daddy. Why do you ask?"

"Hello, is this the same Miss Parker that I have known for several years?" Jarod asked knowing he didn't call the wrong number.

"Yes, Jarod. It is me. What can I do for you today?"

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked her with doubt in his voice.

"Yes, I wish everyone would quit asking me that. I couldn't be better." she answered back cheerfully.

"That is probably because nobody has seen you in a good mood before." Jarod replied back hoping to arouse her.

"Come on, Jarod. I have been in good mood before." she answered back.

"When and how come I missed it." he replied back.

"I don't know, Jarod. Why did you call again?"

"I called to annoy you but I see I'm going no where." he replied sarcastically before hanging up the phone. Then, he thought, 'This I have to see to believe.'

While Jarod made his way back to Blue Cove, Miss Parker was so happy and bouncey that Broots and Sydney were more scared her now than ever. They decided they might as well enjoy her like this before she changes back to her old self.

Sydney and Broots enter her office.

"It sure is a beautiful day. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, it is really a nice day out. It is such a shame we have to spend our day in this old, dark building." Parker replied to them as they walked in.

They look at each other and staired in amazement at her. "What?" she replied. back to them.

"Nothing, we are just not used to seeing you like this." Sydney answered.

"Like what?" she said smiling.

"So, happy." they answered at the same time.

"Guys, you act like you have never seen me like this before." she replied cheerfully.

"We haven't!" they said together.

About the time a memo came across the computer that reads....

To: Centre Employees
From: Mr Raines

It is such a beautiful day that I'm giving everyone the day off with pay.

Sydney and Broots reading the memo is scared about the way things are going. It was like they were in the Twlight Zone.

Miss Parker says, "You read the memo. Let's go!"

"You go ahead. We have some unfinished business." Sydney replied.

"Okay, suit yourself." Parker responded.

**********

Parker leaves the Centre. She is walking around in the park. She sits down on a bench when Jarod walks up beside her.

"Is this sit taken?"

She looks at him and says, "Jarod, I am so happy to see you. It has been awhile." Then she smiles.

Jarod not knowing what to do or say, sits down beside her. "I haven't seen that smile in a long time. You know I missed you, this side of you, I mean." he replied.

She was so happy to see him that she gave him a hug. Jarod jumped back for second, looked her straight in the eye and said, "What did you do with the Miss Parker that I know?"

"Jarod, you are so silly." she replied laughing. "Come on, let's do something."

"What?" he asked not sure what she had in mind.

They spent the whole day together. He took her to an ice cream shop and bought her a double scope of chocolate ice cream on a sugar cone. She took him to the ballet and the art gallery. Then the day had come to an end. He walked her home and she thanked him for the wonderful day they spent together.

"Would you like to come in?"

"No, I better go." he told her knowing it would soon be a new day. He wasn't sure how much longer she was going to be like this.

They said their 'good nights' and he left.

**********

The next morning she went to work. Sydney and Broots were waiting for her in her office. When she wallked in Broots was sitting in her chair.

She looked at him and said as calmly as she could, "Get out of my chair!"
"She's back." Broots responded as he quickly moved.

She sat down and said, "I had the weirdest dream last night."

"Really, what was it about?" Sydney asked thinking, 'It couldn't be in any weirder than yesterday.'

"I dreamed I was in a very good mood. It was so real that it scares me." she told them looking confused.

"It wasn't a dream Miss Parker. You were really a pleasant person to be around yesterday." Sydney replied.

"Yeah, it was scary." Broots responded as he sits in a chair in fornt of her.

"Come on, there is no way that happened." she replied to them.

"It's true." Sydney said. "Would I lie to you?"

"I guess not." she replied. "Now, leave me alone. I have work to do."

"Now, that is the Miss Parker we all know and love." Broots replied as he headed for the door.

"It's good to have you back, Miss Parker." Sydney said while following Broots.

**********

The phone rings.

"What!"

"It good to have you back." Jarod replied.

"Jarod." she said. "Tell me we didn't spend the day
together."

"Yes, we did Miss Parker and it was very nioce." he answered
her.

"You mean to tell me, that we spend all day together and I
didn't bring you in."

"That's right." he said.

"What do you want anyway?" she asked.

"I just wanted to see if you were back to normal and now that you are I can sleep better at night. I better go before you trace this call."

"I don't think you will be able to sleep better knowing I am out there."

"We'll see."

"Jarod...." there was a long pause then she said, "Thank you for yesterday."

"You're welcome." he said. Then he ended the call.

She sat in her office the rest of the day. She didn't get much done for thinking about yesterday. Then she said to herself, "I guess the full moon can really affect you after all."

The End!