Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Title: Mine
Author: Rising Sun
For feedback e-mail me at: jagrslc@yahoo.com
For updates on my new FF join: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jagrslc
The FF is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
Join the Fan Fiction Challenge at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffchallange/


Summary: Jarod manifests a new talent and certain folks at JAG feel the effects.
Classification: Alternate Universe/Crossover
Fandoms: JAG/The Pretender/ST:TNG
Disclaimer: None of the TV characters belong to me. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Feedback: Send it.
Permission to archive: Permission granted.
Story written – September 1, 2002


----------------------------------------------------------------------


SECNAV’S OFFICE

WASHINGTON DC



AJ Chedwiggen stared at the Sectary of the Navy and tried to plead his case AGAIN. “Sir … with all due respect!”



His eyes bulged. AJ spun on his heel it was true – he was no longer in the office of the SECNAV! In fact he wasn’t even in DC any more. He mind whirled and he just stood and did a recon of the area from where he stood.



He had been transplanted into what could only be called a one-dog town, complete with tumbleweed. But the place was a ghost town. OK so the place was deserted, what now. He turned and looked in the opposite direction and did a double take. He could have sworn that at the first look he was alone. But there before him stood a woman dressed as only Audrey Hepburn could. Long slim black evening gown with a long cigarette holder – loaded in her hand. In that outfit she seemed out of place but then in his uniform so was he.



He approached the woman who had yet to acknowledge his presence.



“Ma’am? I’M Admiral AJ Chedwiggen and I seem to be lost could you assist?”



No reply.



He tried again.



She continued to ignore him.



He knew she was no mannequin as she smoked through out the entire exchange. He finally gave up and decided to conduct a physical recon of this slice of history.



He walked into the Saloon – empty.



The Bank – vacant.



The Livery Stable – not a soul.



The Doctor’s Office – unoccupied.



The General Store – same this was getting repetitive.



He walked into the Sheriff’s Office expecting four walls when he stopped short. “SECNAV!”



“Oh thank goodness! AJ Get me out of here!!!” The SECNAV was locked in one of the cells.



AJ searched the old and dusty oak desk and finally found a set of keys. Of course out of a bunch twenty-five keys the last one tried proved to be the one that fit.



“At last! Now let me out!” and he strode out and came face to face with a street filled with mannequin like people all from different time lines and all ignoring each other and them. AJ stepped from behind the man and stared.



“Sir I think it’s safe to say that we are no longer in Kansas.”



Before the Older man could speak one of the mannequins turned and spoke. “Admiral Chedwiggen and Secretary Nelson… welcome.”



They jumped.



“Who are you? Where are we?” Nelson demanded.



“I am Q and this is the Q Continuum and I am hurt that you don’t know me… humans. Save me.”



“Why are we here!” AJ insisted.



Q snapped his fingers there was a flash of light and the three assembled and seated in an office. Q smiled “I’ve always had a soft spot for The Center.”



“The Center?” AJ was lost.



The horror at the ignorance played over Q’s face. “Now why is it that you don’t want to let poor ole Jean Luc into the full game? Really gentlemen it’s just not cricket.” He appeared in a cricket outfit complete with pads, bat and helmet.



“It is a matter of….” Nelson began.



“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Q cut across him and appeared Moses. “You are sending the man to conduct a mission shackled. Let my people go!” He changed into a Marine General’s Uniform. “Brief the man and let him do his job! That is an order!!”



Again the snapping of the fingers, the flash of light and the men were returned to the SECNAV’s Office.



==========================



TEN FORWARD

ENTERPRISE NC1701D



Deanna Troi approached Jarod, “May I?”



He slid over. “By all means.” He grinned. He liked Dee.



She sat next to him. “Enjoying your visit?”



“Oh yes! This is an amazing ship.” He gushed.



“I’m glad. What are you reading?” She indicated his padd.



“Writing not reading.”



“The mission report already?”



His grin got deeper “No fan Fiction.”



“Excuse me?” He’d lost her.



“Fan Fiction…” He actually knew something regular that someone didn’t. “It’s when you like a show and take the characters of that show and write your own adventures for them.” He could see she was intrigued. “This one is part of a story called Humdinger. Want to read it?”



She nodded. He handed it over and while she read he ordered drinks for them.



She placed the padd down. “But you can’t end it there!” she sipped her drink.



“This my part of a bigger story. You can write by yourself or as part of a Round Robin. That’s where folks each take a turn to do a part. This is my part. The next person will pack up and run with it. You never know what’s going to pop up. It’s fun!!!”



“Round Robin huh?”



“Uh huh then there are challenges. That is where an idea is given out by a reader that encourages and tests author’s ability to write a piece with the ideas listed. Sometimes challenges are part of a contest and the ideas are in fact a set of rules.” He gushed.



“Will you let me read the whole story when it’s finished?” She asked.



“It will be my pleasure.” He promised.



~*~END~*~



Two things.

1 - There really is a RR in progress called Humdinger and when done I will post.

2 – This is in response to a challenge:

Here is an interesting challenge. Have one of the Pretender characters write a Fan Fic and have this explanation of a challenge. (DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?)
Challenge: An idea given out by a reader that encourages and tests authors to write a piece with the ideas listed. Sometimes challenges are part of a contest and the ideas are in fact a set of rules.