Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own tP and I never will (but I'm getting used to it..)
The idea for this story came when I was standing in front of the hospital desperately waiting for someone...

Title: Revelations
By: Chris
Rated: PG


Bayview Hospital, San Francisco
Jarod was standing outside the hospital building, a cigarette in his hand. Personally he hated smoking but he had to keep up the cover he had built for himself. He heard footsteps and turned around anticipating to see Lucy, one of his patients who normally kept him company when he was smoking. But it was Miss Parker - the least one he had anticipated to see in San Francisco.
"What are YOU doing here?" he asked. Her eyes were swollen from crying and her normally composed self was torn apart.
"Jarod?", her voice was husky.
"What are you doing here?" Jarod asked again.
"My father-" she started and suddenly she pulled out her gun and pointed it towards Jarod.
"Put away the gun, Parker, this is a hospital. You are scaring the people around you."
Suddenly she started sobbing and put away the gun like Jarod had told her.
"What's the matter with your father and what are you doing in San Francisco?"
"He - he had...a...heart attack. I came as fast as I could," she said still sobbing. When she spotted the cigarette in his hand she just stared at him until he handed it to her.
"Why him, Jarod?"
Jarod wanted to put a hand onto her shoulder to comfort her but she pushed it away.
"Don't, Jarod. I am still your enemy, labrat."
"Not this time, Parker. You've showed good will and put away the gun. You won't hunt me down. Not today. Do you want me to come with you to see your father?"
She only nodded and flicked the cigarette away. Together they walked into the building. When they entered ICU Parker stopped in her tracks.
"I can't go in there!" she said.
"I'LL go in first to see how he is. You can wait there if you want to."
Like a little girl she obeyed and sat down on a chair and stared the floor.

"He's not well. The chances aren't good that he'll survive, Dr. Patterson. You know him?"
"He's the father of a friend. She asked me to look after him. Can she go in and see him?"
"Sure, but he's unconscious and won't recognize her."
"That's alright. I think she'll be contented just to see him."
Jarod went outside and took Miss Parker by the shoulders. She looked at him with her steel blue eyes and followed him into ICU.
Mr. Parker was lying there, connected to cables and machines, looking like any other ordinary man not like the head of America's most powerful association. Parker stared down on him and didn't react when Jarod pulled up a chair and told her to sit down.
"Do you think he can hear me?"
"I don't know, Parker. It is said that comatose people hear what is going on around them, but we can't be sure. It is completely your choice if you want to talk to him or just sit down and take his hand."
"Can you stay with me?" she asked and looked up at Jarod. He was surprised how weak and frail she looked all of a sudden. He stood beside her and looked down on Mr. Parker who had been his arch enemy ever since he could think of. If he wanted or not, he felt sorry for him.
Suddenly the machines started to beep wildly and several doctors and nurses stormed into the room shortly after. Parker and Jarod were shoved out of the room and had to watch the whole scene through the huge window panes that made up one wall of the room.
Half an hour later the doctors inside the small room gave up CPR. They shook their heads regretfully and Miss Parker sank to her knees.
"Daddy?" she whispered and she didn't resist when Jarod crouched down beside her and took her into his strong arms.