Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Title: Four Degrees of Separation
Author: Rising Sun
The FF is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
Rated: PG

Summary: The way people’s live criss cross is enuf to make you thin that it was all meant to be. From Jarod to Monk to John Doe to Parker = Four degrees of Seperation.

Classification 1: Pretender Story/Adventure/Romance: Jarod/Miss Parker

Classification 2: Cross over: The Pretender/John Doe/Monk

Disclaimer: None of the characters portrayed belong to me. No copyright infringement intended. Any other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.


Author’s Note: Response to Mickey's Jarod & The Mystery Guest Challenge

Feedback: Send it.
Story written – October 18, 2002




THE LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN

PARKWAY AND THE U.S. 127 CORRIDOR



Jarod considered himself a fit man, but even he was daunted by Emily’s outing. “The World's Longest Yard Sale.” He read from the brochure as they approached the latest booth. By now he’d stopped counting. “Running from Gadsden, Alabama to Covington, KY”



“Yes sirreee!” His sister replied. She was in her element. He had made the mistake a few weeks before of admitting ignorance of what a yard sale was and Emily had decided to educate him. He quickly realized that he was going to learn or die in the process.



They had stopped at a vendor with TV memorabilia – Emily was a JAG fan. Jarod had been curious about everything but about nothing in particular. “Do you know how many vendors there are here!” He demanded.



Before she could answer a male voice replied “5,479 vendors with more expected next year. It actually spans 450 miles.”



Emily whirled “John!” Jarod eyed the man that his sister had now enveloped in a bear hug. “How are you!”



“Holding on.” He shrugged and eyed Jarod back.



“How do you know how many vendors are here? The brochure says 5,000.” Jarod asked.



This time Emily replied, “John knows EVERYTHING.” She still clung to him.



“Everything?”



“Well not everything.” John admitted.



“Ah.” Jarod was triumphant.



“I don’t know who I am. Everything else I know.” John grinned sheepishly.



“You seem to know my sister.” Jarod supplied “… and your name.”



“Your … sister.” The tension was relieved.



“He picked the name John Doe as he doesn’t even know his name.”



Jarod made a face. “I can relate.”



Jarod saw the light of interest in John’s eye but Emily cut across. “I’m hungry.”



“There is a food court one mile in that direction.” John automatically supplied the information.



“That the closest one?” She demanded.



“Yes ma’am.”



She hooked both men by the elbows and the three headed for the food court.



“Hey what about JAG?” Jarod asked.



“Catherine Bell and Nancy Chambers are both pregnant and the show is set for a ninth season.” John said.



“Oh good.” Emily breathed. “Any spoilers you can tell?”



Jarod listened with one ear as they waded through the throng. He spotted some one. He stopped causing the other two to stop walking and talking.



“What is it?” Emily asked.



“I thought I saw Sharona.” He explained.



Emily snorted “Here? Sure as hell not with Monk.”



“Point.” He conceded and they resumed course.



+ + +



Adrian Monk had reached his limit. “I want to go home.” He announced.



“I don’t know why you came down here in the first place.” Sharona informed him.



“This was the last place where I could find a carpet like the one Trudy had.” He responded as he took the napkin and dry-cleaned the entire canteen cutlery set that he was about to use.



“John says there 102 carpet vendors here 12 of which handle those types of carpet.” A man said.



“Jarod!” Sharona squeaked.



“She…” Monk started.



“How are you!” she asked.



“Sharo…” Monk tried.



“I’m well and you?”



“Sharona.” He finally got out.



She faced him “What Adrian!”



“Who is this?”



“Jarod! Don’t you remember Jarod?”



He twitched “Er… no… pleased to meet you.”



“My pleasure.” Jarod didn’t bother to offer his hand.



“You here alone?” She inquired. “...and who is John?”



“I’m here with Emily and John is the walking encyclopedia that she knows.”



“Ah… I know a few things.” Adrian announced.



“I’m sure you do.” Jarod kissed Sharona on her cheek “Gotta run.”



“Jarod wait.” She stopped him. “Do you know a Miss Parker?”



He froze. “I do.”



“Good looking lady.” Adrian observed, “Deadly.”



Jarod nodded in agreement even as his eyes bored into Sharona. “She came she went – end of story. Just wanted you to know.”



“Thanks.” He kissed her on the cheek again and was gone.



“Tell Emily hi!” She shouted after him. He waived in acknowledgement.



+ + +



PIER 94

NEW YORK CITY



It had been six months since Jarod and John had first met. The two men now stood on a windy winter day looking at a scene that no one should have to. Arriving from two different cases the men now convened at a forty-foot container full of dead Asians.



“Damn it!” Jarod cursed.



The two moved away as the Police took control of the gruesome site. With no warning of a change in topic John asked; “Do you know a Miss Parker?”



“What if I do?”



“Good looking lady.” John said, “Deadly.”



“Adrian said that to me.”



“Beauty, brains and deadly.” Hell of a combination.



“Tell me about it.” Jarod mused.



“She’s in love with you.” John announced.



Jarod laughed. “Yeah right! She’d love to pistol whip me and drag me back…” He stopped.



“Didn’t your sister tell you I pretty much know everything?”



“This one you have wrong.” Jarod assure his newfound friend.



“May be but I don’t think so. Your offspring will be formidable.”



Jarod changed subject “Let’s go nail this SOB.”



=======================



SEVEN MONTHS LATER

MEDFORD PSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTE



Adrian looked at Jarod as he gave him his physical before admitting him “Are you a doctor?”



“I am today!” Jarod was chipper. He hadn’t seen or heard Parker in weeks and life was good. Every now and then John’s words from months before crept back at him But today he was here with Adrian who seemed to be more off kilter than usual.



“Where’s Sharona?” Monk suddenly asked.



“Remember you told her that you were a big boy and sent her home?” Jarod informed him.



Monk twitched “I did?”



“You did.”



“OK” He accepted “Can I go to my room now?”



“Of course this way.” Jarod smiled in sympathy.



Safely in room Jarod left Adrian and sauntered down the hallway focused on his reason for being at the institute in the first place. As he continued down the passage he automatically glanced into the rooms with the doors opened. He suddenly stopped and gaped. Without thinking he stepped into the room. “Mr. Parker?”



“Jarod!” He whipped round and came face to face with the female of the Parker species. She reached instinctively for her side arm, which was not there. She’d had to leave it in her car before entering.



“What’s he doing here?” He didn’t bother to acknowledge the motion.



She moved past him “That should be obvious even for you.”



“He’s pulling a stunt again isn’t he?” He accused as he watched the catatonic Parker.



“No he is not.” She sniffed.



Sniffed? He stared at her “Are you crying?”



“Oh how crude. I expected better.” She sobbed.



This was a Parker that Jarod had not seen in decades and having got used to the hard nosed woman she had become he was completely unprepared for the child facing the loss of her parent, suddenly surfacing.



“Par… Angel.” He groped for words. “I’m sorry. I’m used to facing your wrath and your gun not your tears over your father. Although why you should waste them is beyond me.” She gave him a dirty look “Ok ok I shouldn’t have said it but it’s true none the less.”



She got control of herself. “What are you doing here?”



“Looking for Santa Clause.” He was purposely vague.



“When you find him ask him to give me my daddy back please.”



It was out before he could stop himself “Had I known that your soft side was still around I’d have committee him long ago.” She reared up in horror and defense. “OK another foot in mouth statement – sorry.” He back peddled.



She just stood near her father and said nothing.



“Parker..:” he felt awkward. “The last time we were like this we were twelve.”



“I know.” She whispered. Before either of them could analyze the situation she was in his arms.



“It’s ok.” He cooed and ran his fingers through her hair.



“Hey!”



Both turned to face the new voice. Jarod frowned slightly “John?”



“Hope I’m not interrupting.”



“No.” Jarod lied.



“I see that the two of you finally got your act together.”



“Why are you here?” Jarod interrupted the tirade.



“Retro hypnosis. I heard there was an excellent practitioner here.”



“That would be me.” Jarod confessed.



“Of course it would.” Parker observed.



“You DO know he loves you right?” John was in a matchmaking mood. “I take that look to mean that you did not.” He turned to leave. “By the way Miss Parker I also told him that you loved him.” To Jarod he said “I’ll go look for your secretary now.”



The damage done the two stared at each other.



“Do we need to talk about this?” Jarod was wary.



“You know I am a woman of action and not many words.”



“True.” He conceded “Now what.”



“Kiss her! Bed her! Damn it marry her if you dare!!! But get the hell out of my room!” Mr. Parker snapped.



~*~ THE END ~*~





The Challenge - Mickey's Jarod & The Mystery Guest Challenge

I think this is a good challenge that could work with both shippers and non shippers. I really hope you guys like and respond to this one. I would love to see what you newbies to the group can come up with.

Write a fic where Jarod goes to (Pick an Event/Place) in (pick a state/country) with his sister Emily and ends up running into a female from his past. It could be one of his his ex's like Zoe or Nia or could be Sam or Rachel from Profiler who ever you want. Doesn't have to be someone from his past he was romanticly involved with (Ex: Sam from Profiler, Agent Andrea Zane from TP 2001, Harriet Tashman etc). It could even turn out to be his mother. HOWEVER the lady he initally runs into CAN NOT be Miss. Parker though he can run into her at a later time if you wish to do it that way.)

Tell Me



* Where are they located?

* What are he & Emily are doing there?

* Who does he run into?

* How do they know each other?

* Does this person know who Emily is? Or are they jealous thinking it's J's GF?

* What are both of their (J & the mystery guest) reactions when they run into each other again?

* What happens from there?

* How do things end?



I will allow all ratings & all lengths.



Let The Ink Flow