Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Title: STOP THE PRESS



Author: Rising Sun


Rated: G

Summary: Parker writes an expose.

Classification: Pretender Story/Romance: Jarod/Miss Parker

Disclaimer: Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.



Feedback: Send it.

Permission to archive: Permission granted.

Story written – October 29, 2002




Controversial Writer Pens New Hit

By Our Star Reviewer – Rising Sun



October 27, 2002 – This morning a new record was set when Mirandia Parker, author of The Center Files hit number one with her latest endeavor “The Pretender” Now avid followers of Ms Parker’s work will take the nonchalant position of “been there done that” not this time folks. In it’s first week out as a hardback the book has shot to number one on both the New York and London Times Best Seller List. Reports are in that to the one hundred and twenty seven countries that Thames Publishing exports to she has hit number one and the book has yet to go paperback or be translated from English.



The Pretender is self-described as a story of confusion and hope that may just lead to the unexpected. Buyers beware Love Story this ain’t. This best regarded as an alternate angle to The Center Files. The fall out from that book is still being felt in the halls of espionage and places yet unknown.



This, her sophomore outing proves to be just a dangerous a roller coaster ride. Hold on to you heart and scream all the way.

Now one thing this reviewer has never done is give the plot or the ending away. But a spoiler now and then never hurt. So be warned…



O

N

E



P

A

R

A

G

R

A

P

H



S

P

O

I

L

E

R



A

L

E

R

T



Parker sets the novel off with no compromise. She states right up front and center (excuse the pun) that...



There are Pretenders among us

Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.
In 1963, the Centre isolated a young Pretender named Jarod,
in order to harness his genius for our research.

Until, one day, our Pretender ran away....

The Center wanted him alive… preferably and I was sent to fetch him. Easier said than done…






S

P

O

I

L

E

R



A

L

E

R

T



O

V

E

R



Once the premise has been laid out there is no turning back. Pretender weaves a love story that seemed to have been domed from day one.



Suffice to say that like in her first outing Parker cuts no slack in this roller coaster of a story. She lays it all out there for scrutiny with no apologies. You will pick up this book and not eat or sleep till you finish it.



Another five star effort.



+ + +



Parker closed the newspaper and smiled as she felt the hard body of the man position himself behind her.



“Good review?” he asked.



“Good review, good company, good food, good life.” She listed “What more could a girl want.”



“The way you lay out those books it’s amazing that you haven’t been arrested yourself.” He wondered not for the first time.



She snuggled into him. “It’s called planning my dear.”



He cradled her in his arms and savored the sensation of her. “So what’s your next project?”



She was now too comfortable to want to talk much, but managed. “I was thinking of laying in bed with you till you got me pregnant.”



“Sydney said there was more to getting pregnant than laying about.” He pointed out.



“In what simulation did the two of you get round to that?” She resigned herself to the fact that he wanted to talk even if she wanted to snuggle.



He kissed her lightly “I’ll never tell.”



“Hmmm I’ll have to work on you.” She teased.



“You mean the way you caught me after five years?” His tone matched hers.



“EXACTLY that way.”



He broke out laughing. He finally got control of himself and wiped away the tears of mirth. He hugged her close. “I love you Parker. I really mean it I LOVE YOU.”



“Should hope so Jarod or else that book is pure fiction.” Parker sealed the declaration with a kiss.



END





Guys - Can’t really think of what I want you guys to tell me. I mean Parker’s written a book and what it's about is self-explanatory. So I guess you guys can just do whatever you want with this. You can tell me about the book or Jarod could be in bed or something reading the book. Like I said whatever you guys like.

Mickey's Book Challenge