Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Vacation Centre Style
By: Southern Belle


Author's note: I would like to thank RaChell for helping me finish this fic. You are the best! I needed help and you knew just what it needed! Thanks again.



Parker sat at her desk going through some papers when she came across an envelope with the heading VACATION on the front. She figured it was junk so she tossed it aside. She continued opening mail and reading over papers when she glanced down at the envelope again. She picked it up and pulled out an airline ticket.

"Dallas. I haven't been there in a while."

She looked down at her watch. She had just enough time to make that flight. She gathered her things and headed out.

******

Entering the gate in the Dallas airport, she made her way down the crowded hall to find her luggage. She grabbed it as it made it's way from the plane when a man, dressed in black walked up behind her.

"Can I help you with that, miss?"

She knew that voice. She turned around and smiled. "Jarod."

He hugged her. "It's about time you got here. I thought I was going to have to come to Blue Cove and get you."

"You could have sent the ticket is something else. I almost tossed it out."

"I didn't want it to look obvious."

"Come on, let's get out of here."

Jarod grabbed her bags and they headed to the motel.

"What do you want to do first?" He asked.

She looked around the room, then sat down on the bed. "I want you." She smiled again.

"I'll go along with that." He hopped on the bed next to her.

She clutched his collar and yanked him toward her and kissed him. He pushed her down and laid down on her.

"I missed you." He whispered between kisses.

"Not as much as I missed you." She tore his shirt off his back.

******

Jarod loved watching her sleep. She was so beautiful. He traced her features with his fingertips until she woke up.

"What are you doing?" She raised up.

"Nothing."

She kissed his chest and made her way up to his neck.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing." She replied as she wet his lips with a kiss. She grinned as she got up from the bed with nothing on.

"Where are you going?"

"I thought we could see the town."

"Now?" He watched her dress.

"Yeah, now."

"I thought it could wait until morning."

"Come on Jarod. I'm hungry. Let's go out."

"If you are hungry, I've give you something to eat on." He beamed.

"I'll have that later. Right now I want food." She walked over to the bed and dragged him out.

"We could order in."

"Quit your whining and come on." She threw some clothes his way.

Jarod got dressed but took his sweet time.

"Okay, I'm ready." He fixed his hair one last time.

"It's about time." She took his hand and they left.

As they passed through the lobby, Parker snatched some brochures.

"Where should we eat?"

"In bed." Jarod answered softy as he kissed her neck.

She shot him a look.

"Well, I haven't seen you in a while."

"We will have plenty of time for catch up."

"Fine." He pointed at West End Market Place. "How about there?" He figured they would have plenty of choices. The sooner she got to eat the sooner he got desert.

"Sure."

"Good." He said under his breath. He knew it was the closest place.

******

After they ate at Planet Hollywood, she drug him into the stores.

"Can we go back now?" He whined.

"Not yet. I'm not through shopping." She smiled.

He got a glance of the 'Tilt at Dallas Alley'. "I'm going in here."

"Where?" She wasn't really listening.

"There." He pointed toward the game room.

"Fine." She headed to another shop.

An hour later, she hunted him up. He was at the pinball machines.

"Are you ready?"

"Mmm..." He grunted.

"I said are you ready to go?" She whispered in his ear.

"Not now. I'm playing."

"I thought we could go back to the room and play. What do you say?"

"In a minute. I'm winning."

Her fingers ran over his shoulder. She leaned in and sucked lightly on his ear. "I want you."

"That's nice. I'm busy." His eyes focused on the machine.

She stood behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She watched his hands push the buttons on the side of the pinball machine. His hands turned her on, but then again everything about him turned her on. She couldn't help herself. Her hands began to wonder south. She stroked him lightly.

"Hey."

"Mmm." Her warm breath brushed lightly against his neck.

"What are you doing?" The ball went through the two pedals and he lost the game.

"Just getting your attention."

He turned around and took her into his arms. "You got it now." He kissed her lips.

She whispered into his ear. He grinned like a kid who got a new toy.

"Now?" He said softly.

She shook her head yes. He took her hand and they headed back to the room.

******

After hours of fun and games Jarod rolled off of her. "You know how to wear a person out."

"I'm just making up for lost time." She grinned.

"I can see that." He reached over and grabbed her. He pulled her close to him and kissed her again. "What has it been?"

"Too long." She whispered.

"Speaking of time, how you seen Ben since we were last there?"

"No but I have talked to him."

"How is he doing?"

"Fine. He asked about you."

"What did you tell him?"

"You were the same."

"Oh."

She moved on him again. "Let's play."

"Now, I'm tired."

"Okay, I'll play." She kissed his lips then his chest. Her lips moved downward until they got hold of what they wanted. A scream escaped his lips and she bit down hard.

"What are you doing?" He raised up.

She laughed. "Sorry." She peeked up from the covers. "I didn't mean to grab that hard."

"Damn, that hurt."

"I'm sorry. I'll make it better." She stroked him with her fingers as she coaxed him to lay back down on the bed. He relaxed.

"Is that better?"

"Yes. But be careful."

She laughed again.

"What is so funny?"

"I can't help it."

"It's not funny. You could have hurt me for the rest of your trip."

"I know." She turned her head to keep from laughing in front of him.

******

Several days later, Parker arranged to meet Jarod again. This time she had news to tell him. She pulled up to the apartment building on Third and Main. She watched the alley and her rear view mirror. Jarod taught her what to look for before getting out. She knew she alone but didn't want to take any chances. One last look before getting out of the car and heading into the building. Up the stairs and down the hall to his apartment. She knocked.

"Hey baby." He pulled her inside. "I missed you." He gave her a kiss.

"Not as much I missed you." She returned another kiss.

"What is so important that it couldn't wait?"

"In a minute. Right now I just want to hold you." She pulled him close.

His arms wrapped around her body keeping her head into his chest. He kissed the top of her head.

"Did you do what I asked?"

"Yes. I wasn't followed."

"Good. I would hate to see what they would do to you if they ever found out."

"Me too."

"I do wish you would have let me come to you. It would have been safer that way." Jarod made his way toward the window.

"Calm down, Jarod. Everything is under control." Her hand cupped his face turning it back toward her.

"What is it that you wanted to say?"

"I found out something you need to know."

"What?" He glanced back toward the alley where she parked her car. He saw another black sedan sitting a few feet from hers. "Wait a minute."

"What?" She asked as she looked down.

"Sweepers."

"It can't be. I made sure...."

"It's too late."

"Go."

"Come with me."

"I can't. Go. I will handle them."

"But you had something to say."

"I'll catch you later. Now go before they find both of us here."

Jarod gave her a kiss and a slipped out down the hall way.

"Jarod! Stop!" A man yelled.

Parker heard the yelling. "Damn." She pulled her gun and went after them.

Jarod made it outside and down into the alley. Parker jumped out in front of the two men chasing after him.

"Stop he is mine!" She shouted and took off his direction.

"Miss Parker!" One of the men yelled.

She didn't listen. She hope to get them going in a different direction. She watched Jarod has he went left so she turned right. It didn't work.

"Damn." She went after them again. When she caught up with them they had Jarod in a corner. She noticed if she could buy him a little time he could jump the fence above him.

"Stop!" She yelled.

"Miss Parker?"

"Who are you?" She stared at the unfamiliar face.

"I'm John."

She stepped in front of him. "You don't understand this, do you?"

"Ma'am?"

"I bring him in. No one else. Got it!"

"But ma'am?"

"No buts about it."

Jarod watched as his lover tried to by him some time. He eased toward the opening in the fence.

"Freeze!" He yelled as Jarod went for it. His gun pointed over Parker's head.

Parker spun around and smiled at him before she turned back around. She grabbed the sweeper's arm causing him to fire as she lowered his gun. Jarod stopped at the sound of gunfire. He turned around and screamed. "NO!" As he watched her fall to the ground.

He ran back to help her when Sam came up from behind the sweeper and hit him on the head. Jarod scooped her up into his arms and wept.

"Jarod." Sam looked over at him.

He glanced up at him.

"Get out of here before more come."

He clung onto her pale body. "Not without her." Jarod looked down his hands covered in blood. He held her tighter as he ran with her into his arms. He didn't stop until he made it to St. Catherine's. He busted through the door. "Help me!" He shouted.

Two nuns came running. "Jarod!" They helped him get her to a room.

"What happen?"

"Long story. I need a doctor."

"I know who to call." One nun left in search of the only doctor they knew Jarod could trust.

She wasn't gone long when she returned with Dr. Longfellow and a priest.

"What happen?"

"She was shot. I need your help."

The doctor checked her lower abdomen. "She needs to be in a hospital."

"Can't. They'll find her."

"We need to get that bullet out and she is losing a lot of blood."

"I know but..."

"I know where. Help me get her bleeding under control so we can move her."

******

Jarod sat out in the waiting area. His hands shook, his legs shook. He didn't know what else to do. He prayed, he paced, and now he sat.

"Jarod?"

He looked up at the man in scrubs standing beside him.

"Yes." He stood. "Is she all right?"

"We got the bullet out. She is doing fine but we couldn't save the baby."

"The baby?" He whispered.

The doctor stood there with his arms across his chest.

"Can I see her?"

"In a few minutes. She is still in recovery."

"Thanks." Jarod couldn't believe what he just heard. 'Baby' He walked over to the window and stared out. He could hear her voice saying she had to talk to him. He closed his eyes. He could see her smiling before she fell to the ground. The more he thought about it the more angry he became. They took away his child. "The Centre will pay." Jarod's eyes grew narrow as his voice soften at the words.

"Jarod, you can see her now. She is waking up." A voice said behind him.

He turned to see the doctor standing in the middle of the waiting area. He followed him to where Parker was.

He rushed to her side. "Parker." He whispered as he took one hand into his and stroked her hair with the other hand. "You had me worried."

She could see the tears waling up in his eyes. "I guess you know?" Her voice became weak.

"Shh. Don't talk."

"But Jarod...."

He bent down and kissed her lips. "Don't worry. There will be more." He watched her gaze trail off him to the ceiling. He could tell from the look in her eyes she wasn't sure if that is what she wanted.

"When you get better I'm taking you out of here. Somewhere safe."

"I can't go with you." She turned her head back toward him.

"Why?"

"I have to go back."

After several hours of yelling and then finally talking, Jarod got mad and left. He couldn't believe what she had told him. He walked to the nearest pay phone and called the only person he knew he could trust.

******

Hospital
The early morning hours


Parker saw the door open and Sydney step through it. She couldn't believe he was standing beside her.

"How did you know...?" She whispered.

"Jarod. He is worried about you."

"Well, he will get over it."

"Parker, why do you do this?"

"Do what, Syd?"

"Every time you let someone get close to you, you push them away."

"I don't!" She spat.

"Yes, you do. He cares for you and I can tell you care for him."

"You wouldn't understand." She rolled over so her back was facing him.

"Parker." He spoke softly.

She didn't move. Sydney pulled up a chair and sat with her the rest of the night.

******

Weeks later

Parker went on with usual business at the Centre. Every time Jarod called she would just let it ring. She decided that it was better that way. Until one night she came home to find him waiting for her.

"Jarod, what are you doing here?" She spoke softly.

"Waiting on you."

"I'm not in the mood." She sat her things down and walked into her bedroom.

Jarod got up and followed her.

"Get out! I'm changing clothes!" She shouted as she unbuttoned her shirt.

"I've seen you before." He took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Get out!" She stood there with her hands on her hips.

"No!" He screamed back.

She gathered her things and went into the bathroom to change. When she returned he was still there waiting for her.

"Jarod, will you just leave me alone?"

"No. We have to talk about this Parker."