Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters portrayed in this fan fiction belong to NBC and any other copyright holders. No infringement is intended.

This is a sequel to A Trip the the Fair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parker paced in front of her desk.

The words "I love you." echoed through out her head.

"That damn Jarod!" She cussed as she continued to pace.

"What has he done now?" Sydney asked as he stepped through her door.

"What?" She didn't even notice him standing there.

"Jarod."

"What about him?"

"You said, 'that damn Jarod'." Sydney waited for her to explain.

"Do you always enter without knocking?"

"I did. I guess you didn't hear me."

Parker sat down on the couch that was against the wall. She held her head in her hands.

"Then do you always enter even without being invited?" She looked at the shrink, who was now closer to her.

He sat down in the chair. "Parker, tell me what is wrong?"

"Always the shrink, uh Syd?"

"No, this time. I'm your friend."

"Friend?" A small laugh escaped her lips.

"Parker, you haven't been the same since we got back from that fair that Jarod sent us too. What's going on?"

She gave him a 'go to hell' look.

"I want to help." He took her hand.

She pulled it away. "I don't want your help."

Broots came busting in. "Jarod sent you a package."

She opened it up and pulled out a paper heart. She grunted.

"I wonder what it means." Broots stood there with his fingers resting on his chin.

"I have to go." She stormed out.

"What happen?" Broots turned to Sydney.

He picked up the heart. "I think Jarod is telling us, he's in love."

*****

Parker got in her car and drove 80 all the way home. The madder she got the faster she drove.

She pulled up in her driveway, leaned her head down onto the steering wheel. A tear fell down her check. She wiped it and hit the wheel with the palm of her hand.

"Damn it."

She looked up at the empty house that sat in front of her. Parker put the car in gear and drove off again. She didn't know where she was going as long as it was far away from home right now.

She grabbed the ringing phone from her pocket. "What?" She answered.

"I see you are talking to me now." Jarod's voice rang out.

"If I would have known it was you I wouldn't have answer." She snapped. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to see if you would meet again."

"Why? So you can tell me how much you love me."

"So we could talk."

"I'm not in the mood to talk."

"Then how about sex?" He asked. Hoping to get a response from that.

"I'm not in the mood for that either." She hung up the phone.

She drove a little further when she saw a sign for the airport. She took the exit. She parked her car when her phone rang again. "I said I wasn't in the mood!" She snapped back.

"Okay." A familiar male voice said.

"Broots?"

"Yeah."

"What do you want?"

"I...well that is...we wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine." She stared out to the building. "Broots."

"Mmm."

"I'm taking a few days off. Tell Sydney to cover for me." She hung up the phone. She jumped out of her car and went to the counter.

******

She pulled up to a small house. Looking up at the trees, it was beautiful here this time of year. The leaves were changing colors. She got out of the car and walked to the door. She could hear the them crunching under her feet.

A man opened the door.

"Ben." She replied with a smile.

"What...?"

"I needed to get away. Is it okay if I stay?"

"Sure. I would love to have you."

She stepped in.

"Can I help you with your bags?"

"I didn't bring any."

He looked at her as she walked by the fire place, running her fingers over the framed picture of her mother. He felt like the time had just turned back several years. She turned back toward him and could tell what he was thinking.

"It was short notice."

"Uh?"

"The bags."

"Oh. Can I get you anything?"

"No. I'm fine. I would like to freshen up."

"Sure. You know where your mother's room is."

He watched her as she left one room and entered another.

*****

He peaked out from the brushes and watched them sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee. He wanted to walk up there but decided to wait until dark. So, he waited.

*****

"Can I get you anything else before I turn in?"

"No. You have done plenty."

Parker walked into her mother's room. She opened the closet and went through the clothes. Then she opened the dresser draw and took out a short, silky night shirt. She slipped in on and turned down the covers. She climbed in the soft bed and turned off the lamp by the bed.

He watched as the lights went out. He made his move closer to her bedroom window. He opened it without a sound and climbed in. He watched her sleep before covering her mouth with his hand. She woke struggling to be free.

"Shh...I'm not going to hurt you." He turned on the lamp as he removed his hand.

"Jarod!" She shouted. "What in the hell are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Fine. Listen to me then."

"How did you find me? I didn't tell anyone where I was going."

"I knew you would come here."

"How?"

"You mother did the same thing."

"And how did you know?" She sat up in the bed.

"I found Ben first, remember."

"Talk."

Ben knocked on the door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"I heard voices."

"You won't for long." Parker said under her breath. "I'm okay. Go back to sleep."

"See you in the morning." Ben replied.

She turned back to the intruder that stood in front of her. "I said, talk."

"Parker, I'm sorry that I said those words to you. I wish I could take them back but I can't. That's how I feel."

She sat there with her arms crossed.

"It was never about sex to me and I know deep down it wasn't to you either."

"What do you know about me?"

"I see the same scared little girl...."

"I'm not a little girl anymore, Jarod."

"I know. I see the same frighten woman who lost two important people to her. One in which she was in love with but was to scared to say it."

"Leave Thomas out of this. Besides, he wouldn't be dead if you haven't brought him to me."

"I can't help it. I wanted you to be happy."

"Happy? You wanted me to be happy. Why? So, I would leave you alone?"

"No. I just thought you needed some happiness in your life. I guess I was wrong." He faced the window.

"Jarod, wait."

He rotated and stared into her blue eyes. "What?"

"Stay."

"I'm not in the mood."

"But I am. Please. Sit beside me." She patted the covers next to her. He followed her command.

"What?"

"Thank you for bring me Thomas. He did make me happy. I loved him but there was someone else."

"Who?"

"You." She replied as she took his hand.

He looked at her with confusion.

"You were my first love. I thought if I kept telling myself it was just sex I would start believing it. Then you had to go and ruin it by telling me what I was longing to hear. I'm sorry." She squeezed his hand tighter.

He leaned in for a kiss. Their lips locked.

"Jarod." She said softly as they kept on kissing.

He pulled away to where their faces where inches apart. She held his head close to hers. "I love you too." She whispered before she kissed him again.

"Really?" He back away.

"Yeah...really."

"I still wanted to make sure you weren't just saying that."

"I'm not."

Jarod stood up. He pulled his shoes and jacket off. Parker slid back under the covers as he reached to pulled them open so he could slide in.

******

The next morning Parker slipped a robe on and headed into the kitchen. She left the sleeping pretender in the bed. Ben walked through the front door.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." She responded.

"I felt like a walk. I didn't want to wake you."

"You didn't."

"I need to tell you something."

A few minutes later the waking man that Parker shared her bed with walked into the kitchen. He hair was standing straight up in the air. He rubbed his hair with his hand.

"I take it this is what you wanted to tell me." Ben poured two cups of coffee and handed one to Jarod. "Hello Jarod. It's nice to see you again."

"Hello Ben. I'm sorry..."

"It's okay. I figured she was running from something."

"How did you know?" She asked.

"Your mother did the same thing. Anyway, I hope you work things out. I know Catherine would be happy." He walked out.

Parker grabbed his arm as he walked by. "What did you mean my that?"

"You mother wasn't always happy with your father. It would just be a shame to see two people who are meant to be together let something stupid keep them apart."

"Like you and my mom."

He didn't answer. He just patted her hand and walked off.

"See. I told you." Jarod answered.

"Okay but what happens now?"

"Leave."

"Leave?"

"Go with me. I can keep you safe. They will never find us."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because." She paced the floor. "I can't leave Broots and Sydney."

"They can come with us."

"I don't know."

"What are you afraid of?" He held her in his arms.

"Us."

"Us? We are going to be fine."

"I thought Thomas and I was too."

"I know."

"I need more time."

"Okay but I don't want you...."

"I'm not my mother! I'm stronger."

He kissed her lips. "I hope so." He whispered.

******

Several days later Parker entered Sydney's office.

"How are things here?"

"Same. And you?" hand

"Better." She smiled as she turned to walk away.

"Parker?"

"Mmm."

"I'm glad to hear that." He watched the dark hair woman leave his office. He turned back to the pile of papers on his desk. He leaned back in his chair.

"Jarod." He whispered as placed his hands on his head and stared out into the emptiness that filled that awful place they call The Centre.

The End!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~