Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

List Provided By: Heidi.

Sibling Rivalry II
by: chopsticks
g

-----


Lyle smiled evilly as he snuck around the corner. A piece of paper was clutched in his right hand, and several lines of writing were visible. He came to a stop in front of Miss Parker's office and glanced around, making sure nobody saw him. He looked up at the camera and waved. He knew Miss Parker would be looking for the tape from that camera once she found out what he was doing.

He smirked and pulled out a thumbtack, held the paper up to the wall, and tacked it up. Pretty soon, people would be milling about outside her office, just like they had been around his a few days ago. Revenge sure was sweet.

He casually walked away, noticing out of the corner of his eye a techie stop and read the paper. He smiled inwardly, knowing that soon Miss Parker would be extremely annoyed from the ruckus that was building outside her office.

The techie, who didn't notice Lyle walking away, motioned to one of her friends. He came over and looked at the paper, then began to giggle. Soon, others were coming to see what the fuss was about, including several sweepers. They all tried to keep their laughter down, so as not to disturb the Ice Queen within the walls. Somebody let out a loud giggle and instantly clamped a hand over his mouth, mortified beyond belief.

The door beside them whisked open and Miss Parker stepped out, looking extremely pissed off.

"What the hell are you all doing around my office?" she snarled at them, taking a menacing step forward. The crowd began to edge backwards and eventually dissipate, leaving a lone techie standing there.

"Broots!" Miss Parker shouted out to the man standing in the now empty corridor.

"Y-yes, Miss Parker?"

"What the hell is so damn funny?" she demanded, reaching out and grabbing him by the collar.

"Th-that," he replied, pointing to the sheet of paper next to her door. She released him and pivoted on her heel and leaned forward to read the paper.

Answering Machine at a Mental Hospital...

"Hello, and welcome to the mental health hotline..."
If you are obsessive-compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.
If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and your "Inner Sense" will tell you which number to press.
If you are a manic-depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
If you are dyslexic, press 9696969696969696.
If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the pound key until a representative comes on the line.
If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and your mother's maiden name.
If you have post-traumatic stress disorder, s-l-o-w-l-y & c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y press 0 0 0.
If you have bi-polar disorder, please leave a message after the beep or before the beep or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss, press 9.
If you have low self-esteem, please hang up. All operators are too busy to talk to you.
Sis, if you are menopausal, hang up, turn on the fan, lay down and cry. You won't be crazy forever.
If you are blonde (or blonde at heart, like you, sis) don't press any buttons, you'll just mess it up.

A slight smile had twitched her lips at first, but as she began to read the personal jabs, that quickly turned into a scowl. She ripped the paper off the wall, sending the tack flying through the air.

"Lyle," she growled as she crumpled up the paper and threw her office door open. She stalked inside, muttering the entire time.

Broots quietly watched the tack fly through the air and land at his feet. He bent down to pick it up and wondered just what Miss Parker would do in retaliation. He stood and walked away, heading back to his hole.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter@hotmail.com.