Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I just know that they don't belong to me. I can only wish I did. God only knows what I would do with them:)) However, they belong to NBC. Or is it TNT right now? I don't really care as long as they don't sue me. Please don't!!!! I barely have enough money to go to the movies.

Author's note: Things are getting warmer. School has been very productive these days:) Here's another part. Statements between - are computer conversations. If you are reading this please tell me. I'd love to know what you think.





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 7
by Vania




The Centre

Blue Cove, DE



The next day, Sydney arrived earlier to The Centre. He was worried, because Jarod hadn't called him last night, like he hoped, and he still wanted to ask him what was happening. He sensed that something was wrong.

He knew he was not found the day before. Miss Parker told him the place was empty. Still he worried just the same. Jarod - and Miss Parker - was like one of him own, and he felt the same way as with Nicholas.

The phone rang once and Sydney reached for it immediately.

"This is Sydney!"

"Good to see someone arrived at work in time."

"Jarod! I was worried. You didn't call yesterday."

"I didn't have the time. Broots should be arriving, right Syd?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"You'll know soon enough. Take care of yourself!" And the usual "beep" was heard.

"Jarod! Jarod!" The psychiatric called.

Broots arrived and, while entering Sydney's office he heard him speaking on the phone.

"You were speaking with, uh, Jarod?"

"I think he wants us to find something."

"What do you think it is, Syd?"

"I don't know yet, but I think he will tell us what it is very soon."

Broots, not feeling comfortable with the subject, decided another approach "Uh, how went the treatment with Angelo?"

"I still have a lot of hard work to do. His regression was irreversible and I may not even recover 10 per cent of his mind."

Broots deepened his face looking at the floor, while Sydney got up from his chair and moved next to the younger man.

"Well, Miss Parker should be arriving any moment and we have work to do. I have to find what Jarod is up to now."

****

Meanwhile, Jarod went to the FBI headquarters to meet Sam. She called him early that morning saying she was almost done and that they had to start soon. While arriving to her office, his mind was elsewhere. Meaning: in The Centre, and in the people he loved. He knocked twice in her door.

"Come in!" He heard she say.

With the usual cordialities, Jarod sat down in the chair next to the table and Sam in another.

"So, what did you get?" Jarod asked her concerned.

"My friend George was able to help us. And he is finishing downloading the files we need as we speak. I was going to meet him when you arrive" Sam made a pause and continued "However, I think we should need your friend's help. George seemed to tell me that some files could only be accessed directly from there."

"It's to be done today then?" Jarod questioned.

"Tomorrow at the most, Jarod. It's been too much time since we started this whole operation. We can't risk it anymore. And, if - and I think the answer is yes - the government is covering some of the projects done down there, we might need to act as quickly as we can and take this to the media, so people know what they've done."

"I think that sounds wonderful to me. These people committed too much crimes and it has to end. They should be in prison. It's where they belong."

"If I may, Jarod, I think prison is a very nice place for them. Although I'm not a very catholic person, they belong in Hell."

Jarod nodded with his face and got up. Sam did the same and moved to the door "Let's meet George. He always surprises me. Usually in the good way."

"I hope so, Sam."

They walked out of the office and headed to another room, where George should be working. Fortunately, it was not very far. At the end of the corridor, Sam directed them to the office and opened the door handle, letting Jarod enter first.

Jarod saw a man sitting in front of a computer table, frenetically typing in the keyboard. He presumed this man was George. And although he didn't find no physical similarities with the tech Broots, he guessed they would love to meet some day and to share their knowledge in computers.

"Hi George!" Sam greeted "This is the man I spoke to you about."

"Jarod, right? Hi, I'm George as you should know."

"Nice to meet you George." Jarod said shaking hands with him.

"I'm almost done here, Sam. But as I told you, there are some files I can't get access to."

"It's ok, George. We have someone that will help us with that."

George picked the bunch of papers that lay on the desk and gave them to Sam. She took them and giving a quick glance and the first pages.

"I also cross analyzed some names in there and I couldn't find anything on them. They just seem not to exist. Someone gave the trouble to make it that way. Not even a birth certificate."

"That's pretty normal if we're talking about The Centre. They destroyed every evidence that might give them away. But I think they must have them hidden somewhere inside."

"Well, there's where your people get in, Jarod."

****

Miss Parker was in her office for some minutes now and she didn't even cared to ask for Jarod's whereabouts to him. Not that he had one, but Broots was really thinking something wasn't very normal in the picture. She would always come to the Tech Room first thing. He couldn't quite place why, but he sensed this had something to do with Jarod. Sydney didn't know why too, but was hoping to find out real soon.

Now, Broots was still sitting at his desk, and typing in his computer, but he was not working. He entered the chat room he usually frequented, and logged in with his nickname: Samson. A nickname he was very proud of. It was not everyone that could be named that way. Samson was the strongest man and that gave a very good sensation to Broots. The only negative part, was that Samson had lost all his power when is love, Delilah, cut his hair. Broots didn't have that problem: he was already bald, so there was nothing to do about it.

Sydney looked at him with a smile on his face when his friend started laughing at some joke he read. He knew how much Broots enjoyed this chats and Miss Parker's still absence made this easier for him.

Broots had every reason to fell great this morning. He didn't drop his cup of coffee, didn't have to sneak in Raines' office and didn't meet Lyle today. But soon all his good mood was gone. Sydney watched his friend's face change and got concerned.

"What is it Broots?"

"Uh, you're not going to believe it Syd!"

Sydney went to his side leaving Angelo and repeated is initial question "What is it?"

"I-I think it's... Jarod." Broots whispered so that no one could hear him.

"How can you be sure of that?"

"He knows my name."

"Everyone knows your name, Broots."

"But not my nickname."

Sydney looked at the screen, and at the name. Samson it read. He smiled a little and then he read what was written after the nick 'Chameleon' - Hi there Broots! Is it safe? -

"What will I say?" The tech nervously asked.

"You say that it is." 'It has to be Jarod' Sydney thought.

Broots typed the words in the keyboard and almost immediately other ones appeared.

- What took u so much? You didn't get Mr. Lyle did you? -

- No, it's just me and Sydney here. -

- Good. Now listen. I need your help. Can I count u in? -

'In what?' Broots thought to himself.

"Say he cans Broots. Find out what he needs. He may be in trouble."

- And no, I'm not in trouble, in case you're wondering that. - Jarod typed. Sam and George sat impatiently beside him.

- U can. What is it that u need? -

- First I need u to download some files and then, I'll need u to give them to MP. -

- To MP??? -

- Yes and I don't have the time now. I'll need everything u can find about projects, missing ppl and our files. -

"Are you sure this safe, Broots?" Sydney asked getting a little worried, because of the way the conversation was going.

"It is, Sydney. And Jarod made sure of it too."

- I'll try. -

- Don't try! Do it! It's very important that we get them. Lives could be in danger. -

Suddenly, Sydney took control of the keyboard and he typed this time himself.

- We will get them and end them once and for all. -

Jarod knew it had to be Sydney writing this. He wanted to stop them just as much as he did. He tried once, but the result wasn't what he intended to do at first.

- Thanx! I'll contact later. J -

And he disconnected the line, leaving a very confused Broots staring at the monitor, until a voice made him do something real quick with his fingers to erase the screen.

"Any news, Broots?" Mr. Lyle said, demanding for answers, as usual.

"Nothing until now, Lyle." Sydney said calmly to the younger man.

Lyle sighed and left the room as quick as he entered. As soon as he was out of sight, the men resumed their talk.

"Oh Sydney, do you really think we should do this? I mean, if they ever find out..."

"Make sure they don't, Broots. It's a matter of life or death."

"Yes, our life. I have a daughter to raise Sydney."

"Wouldn't you like to raise Debbie away from this place?"

"Of course I would, Syd. But you know what they do. People disappear here." Sydney started moving to the door expecting Broots, that erased the data on this last chat from the computer. "Uh, do you think Jarod spoke to Miss Parker about this?"

"I think he did. Otherwise, Jarod wouldn't tell us to give what we find to her" Sydney took a deep breath "Do what you have to. I need to speak to Miss Parker."

"Oh, my God!" Broots whispered to himself and getting out of the office while Sydney disappeared in the hallway.

****

Sydney carefully opened the door of her office, putting his head inside first, only to see Miss Parker with her head on her hands and a glass of vodka half full in the desk next to the bottle. 'This early and she's already drinking' Sydney thought and shacked his head in reprove. He decided that getting in was the only way to get her attention.

"What do you want, Sydney? Did Jarod have something cute to say, this time?" Miss Parker asked with a drunken voice.

Sydney approach her desk and picked the bottle, putting it aside, and attempting to also remove the glass away from her, with no luck.

"I'm a big girl, Sydney! You don't need to babysit me." Miss Parker said drinking the rest of vodka in the glass.

"I won't get in this discussion, and you know it. You'd loose and you'd get in a bad mood because of it." Sydney said light mannered. Sitting in the chair in front of her, he continued "I know what's going on. You can talk to me about it."

"You don't know the half of it, Syd." She murmured.

"Jarod told us about it. We're all in this together." Sydney said giving her a reassuring smile. Something to promise her everything would be okay, in the end.

****

The Chairman of The Centre was sitting in his leather chair, impatiently waiting for Raines, Cox and Lyle to arrive. Although he was a man always in control, this time he felt nervous. Raines had been performing tests on his youngest son and they were to be announced in their meeting.

The wheezing of his oxygen tank could be heard and Parker knew Raines was arriving. He was the first one to enter the Chairman's office, quickly followed by Lyle and Cox, who carried a large manila file in his hand. Mr. Parker made a questioning face and Raines promptly responded.

"The results were positive. Everything is going as planned." The living corpse said in that voice of his.

"Then you know what you must do." The Chairman said determinedly to the man.

"And this time there will be no one to stop us!" Lyle said triumphantly.

"There's always Jarod..." Cox added questioning their power against Jarod. He'd already experienced that problem with his father when they kidnapped Zoe.

"Jarod won't be a problem." Raines said turning to the younger man.

"He knows nothing, and we'll keep it that way." Said Mr. Parker.

"The same should go to your daughter."

"She'll be no problem. I'll handle her."

"As always." Lyle said smirking.



-----------------------------------------------

What do I have to do for some FEEDBACK? Please guys just humor me! I live for it!