Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I just know that they don't belong to me. I can only wish I did. God only knows what I would do with them:)) However, they belong to NBC. Or is it TNT right now? I don't really care as long as they don't sue me. Please don't!!!! I barely have money to go to movies.

Author's note: This is where I think action really begins. You should read the other 5 parts first or you'll be lost. This part was done in my Maths class and continued in Economics. I should thank my teachers for not pay me any attention. I hope someone is actually reading this. If you are, please tell me. I'd love to know what you're thinking. Just one more thing: if you hadn't noticed, I'm a HUGE shipper! So blame my instincts, not me;)





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 6
by Vania








It's late in the evening and midnight is long gone. Jarod is sitting at the end of the bed of a motel room, not far away from Blue Cove. He is typing in his laptop. He promised his father he would send him a message setting up a meeting with him. He writes the message and, after connecting to the internet, hits SEND. Jarod disconnects the computer and lays down on the bed, hoping that he would get some sleep.

Although, he didn't. And in the short time he actually did, nightmares come. They always did. So he kept his mind focused on what was going to happen in the next days.

****

In another room, someone couldn't sleep either. However, the reasons were almost the same.

She didn't dreamt about past simulations she made, but she thought about the u turn her life was about to take. She knew it the moment she accepted to do what he asked her to. She wasn't sure, then, and she sure isn't sure, now.

Miss Parker found her way to her bedroom and went to bed, pulling the covers up to her face, trying miserably to fall asleep.

She occasionally slept, but was immediately startled by the ringing of her alarm clock. It was time to put on her Ice Queen outfit and head to The Centre.

****

1 hour later

Miss Parker walked into the cold Centre hallways. As usual, she gave a look that could kill to everyone who remotely intended to step in her way.

Today, her mind was elsewhere. She hadn't still recovered from last night's events. But this was something she had to do. She needed to. Maybe this was what her mother would like her to do. To bring The Centre down.

Ant it is now that she remembers the one thing she should have asked Jarod and hadn't. How in the hell was she going to help them? She didn't have any special knowledge in computers or hacking or something like that, and her father always kept the "big things" away from her. He always shut her down. But she had to do things on her own. She couldn't put other lives in danger other than her own. And she would like very much to escape this ordeal alive, preferably. 'But Broots would certainly be a good help...' she thought.

By now, she was arriving to her office. When she opened the doors she was greeted by her dear brother. Lyle was comfortably sitting in her black leather chair, rummaging through some papers she had in her desk.

"'Morning, sis!"

"What the hell are you doing here, Lyle?"

"Oh, they are doing some painting in my office."

"And so, you decided to take over mine?"

Lyle shook his head and gave her a strange look. Then, he got up from where he was sitting and picked up a paper, giving it to her.

"We've got a lead on Jarod," he said while she read "We spotted him in Philadelphia. Some old lady identified him."

"What are we waiting for?" Miss Parker asked moving next to the door.

"We also spotted him in Blue Cove." Lyle said going next to her, trying to stop her.

"Maybe he's homesick." And she made a face to go with her statement.

"Maybe. I already send two sweeper teams. They should be reporting any second."

Miss Parker returned the paper to him and walked out of the door.

"Where are you going?" Lyle shouted.

"To Sydney and Broots! We need to be ready if they're bringing him in."

And she continued walking, somehow worried about Jarod. She wanted him in. If she was the one to bring him in, it meant her freedom. But she also hoped he wasn't caught. At least not this time.

The doors of the Sim Lab opened and she saw Broots working on his computer (as usual) and Sydney with Angelo, apparently trying to get him to concentrate on some cards he hold. Maybe some kind of new treatment Sydney found.

"Uh, good morning Miss Parker." Broots managed to say while drinking some coffee from the cup on his hand.

"We have two leads on Jarod." She announced to them.

"Two?" Sydney and Broots said both in unison.

"Apparently, he was spotted in Philadelphia and ... guess where?"

"Where?" The psychiatrist asked.

"Right under our noses. Blue Cove Delaware." Miss Parker said moving next to the older man. She knew too well where Jarod was, she could only hope he - and she - wasn't discovered. She had to keep acting like she knew nothing. Angelo was now fully alert to their conversation.

"Jarod is here? In Blue Cove?" Sydney asked.

"Is he nuts?" When Broots said this statement he was already regretting it, so he returned to his monitor.

"Lyle sent two sweeper teams."

"And why are we here? Shouldn't we be with them?"

Miss Parker rolled her eyes and picked up a chair to sit next to Sydney and Angelo. 'Why isn't he my brother? Instead I'm stuck with Mr. Psycho himself.'

"Daughter confused." Angelo said when she sat, looking at her.

"If you ever need to talk, Parker."

"I'll pass it this time, Syd."

Lyle entered the room and announced his presence to them, clearing his throat.

"Sweeper team just reported. They're empty."

"What a shock!" Miss Parker got up from her chair and moved to talk to her twin.

"No one saw him or heard him. He just ... vanished." Lyle said frustrated. It was in times like this we wish he got an hand on Jarod. Boy, the things this man had put him through.

"What about that lead in Philadelphia?" Miss Parker said obviously less concerned.

"Jet is ready! We're leaving. Coming with us?"

"Let's go, boys!"

"Take Broots with you. I'm working with Angelo now." Sydney told them and Broots walked next to Miss Parker.

"Should I remind you that Jarod is priority one, Sydney?" Lyle said and then looked at Angelo. "It's a waste of time Syd! Give it up!"

"Come on, Lyle!" Miss Parker shouted interrupting what Lyle wanted to start.

"Later. We'll discuss this later."

Lyle said, looking at the two one more time. Sydney glared at him until he was out of the door and then, returned to his work with Angelo, who was looking at him with sad eyes.

"Daughter confused... Friend scared."

"What is it Angelo? Talk to me!" Sydney begged the younger man.

Angelo just looked down and returned to the papers on the desk, staring at them. Sydney realized he wasn't going to get anything from him and proceeded with the treatment. Hopefully, he was going to get some cognitive stimulation from him and improve his abilities. But he was almost certain that Angelo was talking about the two persons he recognized as his own children - Jarod and Miss Parker. He put a mental post-it to ask Jarod what was going on when he received his usual call.

****

At the same time, just outside Blue Cove, Jarod was arriving to the warehouse. He had set up a meeting with his father early this morning and he was anxious to see him again. Sam was with him and Jarod was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice that she was talking to him.

"Jarod! Did you hear a word I was saying?"

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"I asked you if that friend of yours was really going to help us."

"Yes, she is."

"And you're sure she is reliable."

"Please don't make that question twice. For now we have to believe she is, then I'll send a little back-up for her."

"Who?"

"Some friends. She'll need their help."

The car stop in front of the warehouse and they stepped outside. The sky was gray and cloudy and it certainly was going to rain, so they entered the wooden door.

Soon, the Major arrived and brought with him Emily, Ethan and the younger boy, now named Jacob. Although, they usually call him Jake. It was strange to call him Jarod, J2 or Gemini. So they picked up Sydney's twin brother name. It was like an homage to him. Father and son ran to each others arms.

"Son!"

"Dad! Is so good to see you again!"

"What's going on, son?"
"It's The Centre again, isn't in?" A female voice said and Jarod ran to hug the rest of his family. Emily first, Jake second and then, Ethan.

"How are you doing Emily?"

"I'm fine, but I'd be better if I was with you and mom."

"I know. We will be." And then turning to Ethan "How are you doing little brother?" Ethan smiled but didn't answered his question.

"He doesn't talk much." The younger boy said and then Jarod continued presenting Sam.

"This is Samantha Waters. She's a FBI Agent and she's working with me."

"We're investigating that corporation you mentioned: The Centre."

"What is she talking about?" Major Charles asked a little confused to his son.

"We're into something big, dad. Something huge."

"You want to destroy The Centre?" Jake asked half astonished.

"Yes. And things are going to get messy around here. That's why I wanted to see you all."

"But, do you have any inside agents or something like that? The Centre is a very powerful corporation and I believe they have links with the Government itself." Jarod's father stated.

"We know and we're working on that." Sam continued "We had one of ours working there, but he was discovered and now we're working on thin ice."

"So, now you have no one."

"Not exactly, dad. Someone's helping us. But I'll explain that to you later" Jarod told them "Now, I would be needing your help in the computers. We need to access The Centre's mainframe and we have to be quick."

"That's fine with me. But I still think this is crazy. We know how the people who try to do something against them end."

"We need to be quick and precise in what we're doing. I need this investigation to be done ASAP. As you said, the Government may be involved and if that is happening, they won't let us go too far."

"Sam is right. Where are you staying, dad?"

"In a motel, not far from here."

"Ok, stay there, I'll meet you guys later."

Jarod and Sam left the warehouse and the other four left behind.

"What now, Jarod?" She asked.

"We wait."

****

Somewhere in Philadelphia, later that day

Miss Parker and Lyle were arriving the spot where Jarod could be. However (as everyone must know) he's not there and Miss Parker knows that very well.

Several sweepers walked in before them and kicked the door open. They found a large room, illuminated by a front window, with a bed on the right side of the door. And, of course, with no Jarod. The room was also very well decorated with strings attached in the ceiling. It looked like someone gave a party there.

Miss Parker stepped him, with Lyle following her close. In the desk by the window, was a note with a date on it, that showed that Jarod was nowhere close. The note read "Sorry guys! You're late for the party! See ya! J".

Miss Parker gave Mr. Lyle the note in her hands and, after a quick view to the room, moved to the door.

With a snap of fingers and looking behind she said "Let's go! There's nothing here!".

Lyle and the sweepers took the note and left right behind her. The sooner they'd get to Delaware, the sooner they'd catch Jarod. Or so they thought.

****

Highway Motel

Outside Blue Cove

The same day

Jarod had just dropped Sam in her hotel room and was now arriving to the motel where his family was staying. When he saw the room where they were, he knocked twice on the wooden door.

It was Jake who came to answer the door. However, he didn't open it immediately. It took five minutes for Jarod to finally get in. "Sorry, J. We needed to be sure it was no one else but you."

"I understand. You were right." When he only saw him and Ethan in the room he asked the younger boy "Where are Dad and Emily?"

Jake, saw Jarod's face turn a shade or two paler "Don't worry. They went to buy something for dinner. They should be arriving any second."

Jarod took a sit on the table, opposite the beds. Jake also took a sit, but next to Ethan on one of the beds.

"Are you going to explain us what's happening?"

"I am, but I would rather prefer to tell when they get back."

There was a laptop on the table next to them. Jake grabbed it and handed it to Jarod. "Dad and I were in The Centre's mainframe early this afternoon, but they shut us off almost immediately. I'm afraid we didn't find much." The boy said making a disappointed face. He always hated when he couldn't solve a problem.

"That's ok. We'll find it later. We still have time."

When Jarod finished saying this, the door opened to reveal his sister and his father, both with a pack of groceries in their arms. They shared greetings and talked about many things, but always avoiding the main subject: what brought them here.

After having a quick dinner, Jarod was about to explain his plan to his family. Emily sat on the edge of the bed with Jake, Jarod and Ethan sat in the chairs near the table and Major Charles decided not to sit, although his son advised him to do so.

"Tell us what's going on Jarod." The young woman asked Jarod, almost begging. Memories of Lyle and his sweepers still hunted her life, even in her sleep. Last time she managed to survive their little encounter, but she wasn't so sure if she would survive another one. Falling from the second floor cannot be called pleasant.

Then, Jarod put them up to speed: how the FBI showed up, Sam's death, how they desperately needed someone to replace him and what he needed them to do.

When Jarod stopped, Major Charles looked at his son "That's a very hard plan, son. Are you sure she won't betray us?" He said pacing in the room.

"I can't be sure, but right now I have to trust she won't."

"She'll help us! She tried to help me when I was at The Centre" Jake stated trying to convince them. He liked her, even after all the bad thing he'd heard about her.

"The voices say we can." Ethan finally said to them.

Hearing this from Ethan and knowing it was still a difficult subject to him, Jarod moved in his chair to pick up his computer. "What I'll be needing you to do is to find mom."

"We've been trying that for months Jarod." Emily said to her brother "She's not easy to track."

"We have to! I want us to be together when we start acting. I can't take any chances. Things might go wrong and I want you all safe." Jarod took a deep breath and continued "And, after everything is finished, we can finally be a normal family."

"Do you think this is a safe place for us now?" Jake asked.

"It is as long as we keep quiet." Jarod answered "I can't stay here with you, but I'll keep contact by e-mail."

"Will you be safe?"

"Don't worry, dad. Just find mom and don't let The Centre find any of you."



-----------------------------------------------

What do I have to do for some FEEDBACK? Please guys just humor me! I live for it! And forgive me if I don't post anything soon. I've got tests coming and I need to study or there's no more TV or computer for me. And one question: do you enjoy reading texts in white or like other colors?