Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: With the exception of the family, all the characters belong to NBC, MTM and Fox; I'm just borrowing them for my story. Please don't sue:)

Author's note: Not as big as the others, but I hope you like it. I don't think this part has many spoilers. Only if you didn't watch the first/second season. A big thank you goes to someone that told me what happened to Sam ('Profiler'). So good to know I was right:) Please tell me what you think! It really helps. I won't improve otherwise.





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 5
by Vania










It was already midnight when she left her work and went to her house. This day had been the same as the others: she didn't capture Jarod. However, very important things were happening at The Centre. Sam, the sweeper, was dead, and there was always the usual secrets no one would tell her about. She was left out of the loop, as always.

As she arrived home and headed to the bar, to give herself a scotch, she perceived that Jarod hadn't call her today. She was expecting a call from him, since he was supposed to help her find the insider. But that wasn't a problem anymore, because Sam was already dead. So, she sat in the couch in front of the fireplace and made herself comfortable, putting her gun aside.

When she was starting to fell asleep, her phone rang. It was Jarod.

"Just about time!" Miss Parker managed to say in a sleepy voice.

"You changed your greetings? Finally!" Jarod said amused.

"What do you want this time?"

"You know, you really shouldn't drink. It's bad for you ulcer."

"You're bad for my ulcer. And just how in the hell do you know I'm drinking?"

There was a brief silence in the other end of the line, and then she heard a knock on her door.

"Who could this be at this hour?!" Miss Parker said out loud.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Jarod asked in a mocking tone.

Miss Parker opened the door and then she saw him, still with his cell phone in his hand.

Reaching for her gun, she remembered that she didn't have it with her.

"Damm it!" She cursed.

"Are you going to let me in or what? It's freezing out here!" Jarod complained and started to enter her house.

As she stood in front of the door with her mouth open, Jarod started to get in and she closed the door, forgetting the gun issue for a moment.

"It was a good thing you weren't sleeping. I would hate to broke in again."

"I'm calling the sweeper team. You're going home, genius!"

"Don't do that! I have something important to tell you! Or do you think I would take such a risk if it wasn't important?" Jarod said hoping that she wouldn't call the others. That would certainly be a problem.

"You couldn't tell me over the phone?" Miss Parker said putting the cell phone on her table again.

"No."

"Make it quick, before I change my mind!" Miss Parker snapped.

"Ok, Ok!"

Miss Parker sat on the couch, as Jarod took a deep breath and sat on the table in front of the couch, leveling his head with hers.

"You must be aware of what happened to the sweeper, right?" Jarod started.

"Yes! So what?"

"So, the FBI is conducting an investigation in The Centre and they were doing very well."

"That's not my problem. In case you didn't notice, I work at The Centre, and I don't enjoy having the Feds breathing in my neck."

"Yes, but you sure don't like being lied to. Do you know at least half of what they do there?"

"Jarod, get to the point! Before I loose my patience!" She said without looking to his face, which was a hard thing to do right now, since they were a few inches apart.

"I'm working with the FBI and I need your help to bring The Centre down." 'I said it!' Jarod thought.

"What? You must be out of your mind!" Miss Parker couldn't believe what she was hearing. 'He want me to participate in this? How can he even ask me?'

"Please, Miss Parker. I have no one else I can ask this." He took another deep breath and continued "I know you don't agree with their projects."

"I can't do that, Jarod. It's my father's downfall you're talking about. I can't go against him!"

"Not even for you mother?" Jarod knew her mother was a soft point.

"This has nothing to do with my mother! It's about me. Me and The Centre!"

"You're wrong! It's about all of us, including your mother! She died trying to help children at The Centre!" Jarod said raising his voice a little.

"I'm sorry, Jarod. But I just can't! I don't know how you even got the guts to ask me that?" Miss Parker's voice was a little shaked, but she had made the tremendous effort not to brake down.

"Because...I know that the little girl I knew is still inside you." Then, grabing her hand, he said "She wouldn't want anything bad to happen to anyone at The Centre."

"That's the point, Jarod! What will happen to my father? Or even my brother? And what about Sydney and Broots? What would happen to them, Jarod?" Miss Parker said trying to keep the tears away. She didn't want him to see her cry.

"I'm sure we will figure a way to keep Syd and Broots safe. As for your father and Lyle...they do terrible things, Parker. They must pay for their crimes. Specially Lyle. Only God knows how many girls he killed."

"Jarod, I need some time. And what will happen to me, if they find out I'm betraying them?" At this time, tears were threatning to fall at high speed.

"I don't know, Parker." He squeezed her hand and told her "But, what I do know is that we've got to stop them...for good."

Finally, the tears started flowing through her eyes and Jarod reached a little closer. Then, as she took her hand from his to clean her face, Jarod got up from the table and sat on the couch near to where she was sitting, giving her a hug. She sobbed a little more, when he did this. He hold her while she cried and then moved his hands from her back to her face, cupping it.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise."

Then he moved even closer (if that is possible) and give her a small kiss in the lips. Jarod got up, reliesing her from his arms, and said "I'll contact you. Everything is going to be fine. Trust your feelings."

And he left, leaving her crying in the sofa. She grabbed one of her pillows and layed down. "What will happen if I trust my feelings, Jarod?"

As the cry began to stop, her body began to shut down and sleep finally came.



-----------------------------------------------

Tell me: are you liking, hating it. Feedback, please!