Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: With the exception of the family, all the characters belong to NBC, MTM and Fox; I'm just borrowing them for my story. Please don't sue:)

Author's note: This is a big one and, as usual, is full of spoilers - all the episodes aired till now. I'm trying to put everything together, so it makes sense but I didn't see the episodes and I might let something out. A big thank you goes to someone that told me what happened to Sam ('Profiler'). So good to know I was right:) Please tell me what you think! It really helps. I won't improve otherwise.





TIME FOR REUNION
Part 4
by Vania








Finally, Jarod was going to see his father again! It had been months since he last saw him at St. Catherine's. He dialed the number in the file, and his father answered.

"Who is this?" the Major asked.

"It's me, Jarod, dad!"

"Oh, God, son! I couldn't find you! I searched all over, but The Centre was on my tail all the time, and I couldn't risk putting my family's lives in danger."

"I know, dad." Jarod told his father.

"Tell me, son. How did you find this number?"

"A friend of mine helped me with that. You don't have to worry about it."

"Where are you?"

"Tell you what. I will send you an address by e-mail and you find me there. It's safer this way."

"You're right son. It is. We can never know when 'they' know." Jarod's father said with concern.

"How is Emily? And Ethan? And the boy? Did you find mom?" Jarod had so many things he wanted to know, he didn't even know where to start.

"Calm down, son. One thing at a time! Yes, they are all fine. And, no, I didn't find your mother, yet." and before continuing, the Major took a deep breath "But I'm close. She's always one step ahead of me!"

"I know the feeling, dad. I talk to you later, right?" Jarod asked.

"Okay, Jarod. I'll be waiting for your contact. And son?"

"Yes, dad?"

"Be careful! I love you son."

"I love you too, dad."

And they disconnected the call. Jarod was going to help Sam. She asked him to be at her house at 5pm. She needed to speak to him about the investigation. Something had gone wrong, but he didn't know what it was yet.

****

The sound of high heels reached the Tech Room. Broots was typing on his keyboard, and Sydney was sitting near to him reading the newspaper.

There wasn't too much work to do right now. Jarod didn't contact them for days. No clues, no secret message to decipher, no red book... The last time they heard from him, he said he would find the infiltrated agent that was working at The Centre. But now, Sam, the sweeper, was dead and there was nothing they could do to avoid that.

"Tell me you find him!" Miss Parker demanded to the computer genius.

"I...sorry, Miss Parker, b-but I didn't." Broots said very nervously, concentrating on the monitor.

"Just what the hell are you doing? Is that what you're paid for? Online chatting?"

"I didn't have anything to do, so... I thought... I could..."

"Get out of there and find him!"

"Yes, Miss Parker."

"And see if you can find some more about that FBI investigation. I want to know who is digging in The Centre's business before someone else gets killed."

And she went to her office. Broots closed the dialog window and began his search, while cursing himself for working at The Centre. Sydney heard the conversation. He dropped his newspaper in the desk and followed Miss Parker to her office.

"May I help you, Syd?" Miss Parker asked sitting in her comfortable leather chair.

"It's something wrong?" Jarod's mentor asked her.

"Should something be wrong? Despite the fact that I'm still in this hell and that we don't have a clue where your boy is. Or should I mention that my father is a liar and my brother a psychopath?!" She said coldly to the psychiatrist.

"I'm sure you'll go through all that. Did your father explain Raines' return?" Sydney asked, not really believing he would get a positive answer.

"No. We have to find out what they are hiding" she made a pause and then continued "Syd, are you sure my mother didn't tell you what she wanted me to know?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Parker. But she didn't mention any about that."

"Raines told me there was a DSA explaining everything about The Centre, but that he couldn't find it."

"Maybe it was destroyed. Or someone found it before he did."

"Maybe. But I have to find that DSA. And the secrets, and the plan my mother wanted me to carry on."

"Did you asked your father about it?"

"And why would I do that? He would lie to me. Again, like he always does!" Miss Parker said concentrating in some papers she had on her desk and then in her mother's photo.

"Excuse me, Miss Parker, but I've got some work to do. I see you later." Sydney said getting up from his chair. Miss Parker nodded and picked the photo from her desk.

"What do you want me to find?" Miss Parker said hoping that she would get an answer from her mother.

Jarod told her to trust her inner sense and that maybe she could listen to her mother as Ethan. However, she couldn't. She didn't know why, but something was holding it. She only hope to find the truth in time.

****

It was nearly 5 o'clock when Jarod arrived the FBI headquarters, where Sam was expecting him. He put his visitor badge and got into the building. Sam told him this was important and that something had gone wrong. He was already worrying for the lives of the people he cared. If The Centre had found out that the FBI knew more than it should, heads would roll. He could only hope that the news Sam was going to tell him were not as bad as he thought.

"Jarod!" He heard Sam calling and turned to where she was standing.

"You said something happened. Has anything gone wrong?" Jarod asked concerned to an even more concerned Samantha.

"Yes, it has."

Jarod's face turned pale and even more pale when Sam revealed her worries to him.

"Without anyone in the inside, we will never be able to stop them." Sam said.

"There must be something we can do. We can't let The Centre get away this time."

"I wished there was. But, like I said, we have to have someone on the inside. Someone to tell us what their next move is." After a short moment of silence, she spoke again "Do you know anyone who could do that?" Sam asked him. Although she didn't expect he knew anyone who could help them in their search for the "bad guys".

Just when she was loosing all hopes that he was going to say something about a new insider, Jarod spoke.

"In fact, I might know someone..." Jarod said calmly.

"Is it someone you trust?"

"Well, kind of."

"Kind of? You have to be absolutely sure you can trust this person, or all our work will be gone." Sam asked him doubtfully.

"Yes, I do." - 'I'm not really sure about that now, but I will soon' Jarod thought.

"Than you have to reach him as soon as you can, because we're running out of time." And Sam left leaving Jarod a job to do.

'It's not really a "him"' Jarod thought and start wondering what he would say to her. How will he convince Miss Parker to work with him? Together. In the downfall of The Centre. Her father's corporation. 'This is going to be hard.'





-----------------------------------------------

Tell me: are you liking, hating it. Feedback, please!