Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own the chararters or the song. The song is owned by Reo Speedwagon. Words and music are by Kevin Cronin and Tom Kelly. Tina Turner performs the other song used.


For life and love and the golden sky above me
But now I pray the stars will go on shinin',
You see in my dreams you love me...

If only I could stay asleep, at least I could pretend you're thinkin' of me
'Cause nighttime is the one time I am happy, you see in my dreams

We climb the climb and the at the top we fly
Let the world go on below us, we are lost in time
And I don't know really what it means
All I know is that you love me, in my dreams

I keep hopin' one day I'll awaken, and somehow she'll be lying by my side
And as I wonder if the dawn is really breakin'
She touches me and suddenly I'm alive



Miss Parker's house. 3:00 AM
Blue Cove, Delaware


Miss Parker pulled her weapon as she walked slowly into the room.

"Jarod?" she called out, her eyes scanning every inch of the place. "I know you're in here. You can't hide from me."

Hearing a noise, she jumped back. "Come on out. I have you now." She walked up to the closet and reached for the door knob. She was turning it slowly when someone grabbed her from behind. She spun around and saw him standing there, the ripples of his well muscled chest plainly outlined underneath the light cotton plain white tee shirt.

He pushed her against the closet door, pinning her there so she couldn't move. Slipping the gun from her unresisting fingers, he laid it on a nearby table.

"Jarod, you can't run now."

"Who said I was going to run?"

She looked into his big brown eyes, confused by his words. A moment later his head dipped down and he kissed her lips.

"Jarod, what are you doing?!"

"I'm going to fill your utmost fantasy," he whispered as he trailed feather like kisses to a point just above her cleavage.

She pulled away. "No!"

"Oh, come on Miss Parker, you know this is what you want?" Jarod moved closer to her wrapped his arms around her warm body.

Miss Parker woke to the sound of the phone ringing. Gasping for air, she reached for the receiver.

"What?"

"Is Annie there?"

"Who?"

"Annie."

"You have the wrong the number." She slammed the phone down. She looked over at the clock. 5:00 AM. She rolled back over to close her eyes but instead stared at the wall. She sat up and threw the covers off then climbed out of bed.

The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware


Broots walked into his office. "You're here early," he commented seeing Miss Parker sitting at his desk.

She pulled some papers off the printer and got up. "Well, I leaving now." She folded the paper and slipped into her pocket, then looked at Broots. "Thanks for the use of the computer."

He watch her walk out, he shook his head as he took his seat. A moment later, Sydney came in. "Was that Miss Parker?"

"Yeah. It was the strangest thing."

"What?"

"I come in and Miss Parker is sitting at my desk. She pulled some papers off the printer and walked out."

"Broots, can you access the last thing she was looking up?"

"Yeah." Broots taped on the keyboard. "There."

Sydney walked over to Broots' desk and peeked over his shoulder. "Maryland. What's in Maryland?" Sydney sighed to himself.

Jarod's lair
Denton, Maryland


Jarod arrived home after a long night as a security guard. He opened his door and reached for the light, looking around the room before entering and closing the door behind himself. Eager for some sleep, he headed straight for the bedroom and was suddenly wide awake. To his surprise, he saw Miss Parker sleeping on his bed. His first instinct was to run, his second was to ask how she found him.

He crept over to the bed and slowly reached to touch her face. Before he could complete the action, she grabbed his arm and her eyes opened wide as she sat up in the bed.

"Jarod, you scared me," she admonished softly.

Jarod bent down toward her. "How...did...mmm...what are you doing here?"

"I had to see you." She got up and paced the floor.

"I don't understand."

"Maybe this was a mistake," she suddenly claimed, leaving the room.

Jarod shook his head in confusion then quickly followed her. "Wait."

She turned to face him then reached for the door. Jarod stopped her. "Parker, wait." He grabbed her arm, turned her around. "Don't go," he said softly.

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh of relief then walked away from him. She sat down on the couch and Jarod quickly joined her. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you." She looked into his eyes and saw his amused expression. "Not that way. I needed a friend to talk to."

"Why not Sydney?"

"He wouldn't understand."

Jarod took her hand. "I'm listening."

Pulling her hand back her eyes met his. "I don't know where to start."

"Anywhere you want. I'm here for you. I thought you knew by now."

"Okay, I .... It's my father. I want to leave the Centre but he want allow it. You know how he is. He won't let me leave until I bring you in."

"And you want me to go back with you?" he asked incredulously.

"No, just help me figure out a way to leave without turning you over to them."

"That I can do. It may take a little while to come up with something."

"That's fine," she answered, her voice heavy with sleep.

"You look tired. Why don't you take my bed and I will sleep on the couch?"

"No, I better get back before someone realizes I am gone."

"No. You are going to stay here. It's late and I don't want to worry about you driving back."

"You worry about me."

"Yes, I worry about you."

Jarod got the bed ready for Parker while she slipped into one of his shirts. She came out of the bathroom and walked over to the bed, nearly knocking him over.

"Are you that tired?"

"I guess so. I haven't slept much lately."

Parker got in bed and Jarod turned off the light. "See you in the morning."

"Okay," she answered as he exited the room.

Jarod plopped down on the sofa and flipped through the channels until he found something interesting but it didn't keep him awake for long.

It seemed like only minutes passed until he woke to Parker screaming. He ran into the bedroom, flipped on the light and found her sitting straight up in the bed, gasping for air.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so," she replied, calming down. She looked over at him. "Will you hold me for a moment?"

"Sure." He pulled her close to his chest, holding onto her head and rubbing with his fingertips. Parker took a deep breath and relaxed in his arms. Jarod slid down in the bed and continued to rub her forehead as she fell asleep in his arms.

********

When Parker awoke the next morning, draped across Jarod's body, she realized it wasn't a dream this time. She got up slowly, trying not to wake him but it didn't work.

"Stay," he requested, staring into her blue eyes.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because you know I can't, Jarod."

"You can stay one more day."

"Yeah, and a sweeper team will come looking for me and find us together. I don't think so."

"Well, at least stay a little longer."

"Okay," she agreed. Jarod settled back down into the bed but Parker got up.

"Where are you going?"

"To the bathroom." He watched her leave the room.

It wasn't long until Jarod fell asleep again. Parker slipped in and made sure he was out then she headed out the door careful not to wake him.

********

Sydney heard the clack of her heels coming up the hall.

"Parker," he called out as she walked by his office.

"What?" She peeked in.

"I have been looking for you."

"Well, you found me. What can I do for you?"

"Your father has been looking for you and I wanted to let you know before he found you."

"And what does daddy dearest want?"

"What else? He is mad because we haven't brought Jarod in yet."

"Well, if I had a lead on Jarod then maybe I could bring him in."

"I know..." He hushed.

Seeing Sydney's face, Parker turned around to see her father standing there.

"Daddy, I was just coming to see you."

"I bet you were."

He stepped into Sydney's office. Parker stood beside Sydney who was trying not to look him in the eye.

"Angel, I want to know why Jarod hasn't been brought in yet?"

"Daddy, if I knew where he was he would be here by now."

"Don't give me that!" he yelled.

Parker jumped. "Don't yell at me."

"I will yell at you if I want to. Now, where is he?"

"I told you, I don't know." She said sternly.

"I have reason to believe you do."

"Well, I don't know where you got your information but you're mistaken."

Mr. Parker glared at Sydney. "Is this true?"

"Yes. We have been searching for him night and day and we still come up empty."

"Well, then I suggest you search harder." He stormed out.

"What was all that about?" Broots asked as he entered the room.

"Nothing," Parker answered as she headed out.

The phone was ringing s she entered her office.

"What?"

"You left in a hurry this morning."

"What do you want Jarod?" She sighed.

"To see if you are okay."

"I'm fine," she replied firmly.

"It doesn't sound like it."

"Well, I am. What can I do you this time?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were feeling better, but I guess this was a mistake." He hung up the phone.

Parker dropped the phone from her ear set the receiver down. With tears forming in her eyes, she turned her chair around to face the window. She felt bad for talking to him that way since she was the one running to him last night.

Sydney walked in. "Are you feeling better?"

"I'm fine. I just wish people would leave me alone."

Sydney walked over to her chair. "Parker, you know where he is, don't you?"

Looking up at her old friend, "No. I don't."

"It's okay if you do. Just be careful." He patted her hand and strolled out.

Parker got up, gathered her things, and took off, driving to where she'd met Jarod last night. She knocked on the door, receiving no answer. She pulled her gun and let herself in, knowing immediately he was gone.

"You should have known, Parker. This was a stupid idea," she berated herself. She turned to walk out when a sweeper team caught her attention. She looked for a place to hide but it was too late.

"Hello, Miss Parker."

"Willie, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for Jarod. I assume you are doing the same."

Before she could answer, her father walked in.

"Daddy."

"Angel."

"What are you doing here?"

"The same as you, I hope."

"You had me followed."

"I wanted to make sure, you weren't hiding Jarod."

"And what makes you think I would be hiding Jarod?"

"I don't know. He seems to be getting away from you lately."

"Maybe he is just one step ahead of us. Did you ever think of that?" She brushed by her father as she left the apartment.

*********

Parker walked into her house, throwing her purse and keys down on the table. She walked into her bedroom, rubbing her aching head and let out a big sigh.

"Jarod, where are you?"

"I'm right here," he answered.

Parker jumped. "Jarod, what are you doing in my house?"

"I came to see you. I could tell by the way you were talking to me, it wasn't me you were mad at. It was your father."

"And how did you know that?"

"Come on Parker, you know the answer to that."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She rubbed her head again.

"Here, let me do that." Jarod placed his hands on her forehead and began to massage gently.

Parker closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Does that feel better?"

"Yes, thanks."

"So, where have you been? I have been waiting for you."

"I went back to see you and my father showed up with a sweeper team."

"Well, I am here now."

"Can we talk in a minute? I would like to change clothes. It's been a long day."

"Sure." He kept sitting on her bed. She looked over at him. "Oh, you want me to leave the room?"

"Yes," she answered standing there staring at him.

Jarod got up and moved to the living room. He made himself comfortable on her couch and enjoyed the view as Parker removed her shirt. Slipping her bra off, Jarod could watched her as she slipped on her gown. He tried to turn his head but couldn't. He sat there thinking about how beautiful she was, her breast so perfectly round. Not too big and not too small, just the right size.

Parker walked into the living room and noticed Jarod had a smile on his face.

"Jarod."

"Yes?" he answered softly, not looking up at her.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Oh, nothing." He realized she caught him. "What did you want to see me about?" He glanced up at her. Seeing her in that gown, he realized he needed to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

"I was angry at my father. I needed someone to talk to." She noted he was avoiding looking at her. "Jarod?"

"Yes?"

"Look at me."

He skimmed over at her quickly. "Jarod, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Yes, there is. What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me or I'll have to hurt you."

He didn't say a word. She grabbed his arm, pulling it behind him and squeezed.

"Ouch."

"Look at me."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because...I can't."

"Tell me Jarod or I'm not going to let go of you."

"Okay, okay. Just promise me you won't hit me."

"I won't. Now spit it out."

"I don't want to look at you because I don't know if I can control myself."

"Control yourself?"

"Yes, control myself."

"Like what, control yourself."

"Like this," he said as he reached around and kissed her mouth.

She pulled away. "Jarod."

"I told you but you wouldn't listen to me. I guess I'd better go." He got up quickly and headed for the door.

"Jarod. Wait."

"What?" He turned back.

Parker met him at the door. "Don't leave."

"I have too. I don't know if I can stop myself."

"Then, don't," she responded, staring into his eyes. She moved closer and kissed his lips. This time she deepened the kiss. Jarod picked her up and carried her to the bed. Laying her down he slipped onto her body, kissing every inch of her flesh.



My heart is pumping for you,
and the mad thing starts
Never in your wildest dreams
Did you get this feeling
Never in your wildest dreams, oh no
Never in your wildest dreams could it be this easy




A few weeks later, Parker arrived home after a horrible date.

"Are you going to invite me in?" her date asked at the door.

"Do pigs fly?" she answered as she slammed the door in his face.

"I guess that's a no," he surmised as he turned to walk away.

"What a day," she groaned softly as she took her shoes off and walked into the bedroom. Turning on the light, she saw Jarod sitting on her bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you but I see you had other plans."

"What? With the jerk of the year?"

"That is no way to treat a person."

"Okay, then you go out with him."

"No thanks."

"Can I do something for you?"

"What?"

"What is the reason for the visit?"

"Oh, yeah. I just wanted to see how you were doing?"

"Well, I'm fine. I'm going to bed now if you don't mind. I'm a little tired."

"Okay." He didn't move.

"Excuse me," she stared at him.

"Oh....alone."

"Yes, alone."

Jarod got up and walked toward the door.

"Jarod."

"Yeah." He turned to face her.

"Wait. I'm sorry. I am just tired."

"It's okay," he assured her softly.

She walked over to him. "Thanks for caring," she whispered in his ear. She could smell the same cologne he had on the night they made love.

I smell your skin,
I feel you breathing
Don't let me go, not yet


"Jarod?" she whispered again.

"What?" he responded faintly.

"Make love to me."

He took her into his arms and carried her to the bed. He ran his hands over her body before submitting to her every want and need.

The world is slowly turning,
as it turns I see your face, touch your eyes, your lips, space space
We've arrived at the place where they open the hearts
and fill them up with love, filled with love, filled with love
This one is pumping for you, as the mad thing starts
Never in your wildest dreams did it feel this easy


**********

The next morning, she woke alone. Hearing someone knocking at her door, she quickly dressed and peeked out.

"Daddy," she said as she opened the door.

"Good morning, Angel." He kissed her cheek. "Are you going to let me in?"

She opened the door wider and turned away. Mr. Parker came through the door and saw the house was a mess.

"I love what you have done to the place."

"What do you want?"

"I haven't seen you in a while and I thought I come by....you know to check on you." He sat down on the couch.

"To check on me," she said to herself. "No really, what do you want?" She sat on the other end.

"Nothing, Angel. Honest."

"Daddy...."

"What?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. I'm glad you stopped by." She tired not to choke on the words as they came out.

He smiled.

"Uh, Daddy...I hate to rush this little visit but I have some things to do today."

"Oh, I understand." He stood.

She walked him to the door. Watching him leave, she hit her head on the door.

"You really shouldn't do that," she heard behind her.

"Jarod. I thought you were long gone by now."

"No, just gone long enough for daddy to leave."

"Why did you come back?"

"You don't think I could leave after last night, did you?"

"I don't know what to think anymore." She walked back to the couch and sat down.

Jarod joined her. "What do you want me to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want me leave or stay?"

"I don't know. Leave...no stay."

"Which is it?"

"Stay for a while."

"That I can do." He wrapped his arm around her.

********

Two months later, Parker stood in her bathroom staring at a blue line. "No. This can't be," she yelled while looking at herself in the mirror. She ran her hands through her hair, pulling. "What are you going to do?" she said as she continued staring at herself.

The phone rang.

"What?"

"Miss Parker, are you coming in today?"

"Yes, Broots. I just got up late. I'm on my way."

Parker finished getting ready. She walked by the mirror again. "You look like hell. Hope nobody notices." She grabbed her things and headed out the door.

*********

She was sitting at her desk, with the trash can close to her, when Sydney walked in.

"Are you still not feeling well?"

"No," she answered without looking up.

"Are you going to make a doctor's appointment or am I going to have to make one for you?"

"I will Syd. I promise."

Broots walked in. "Miss Parker, you look like hell," he said without thinking as he saw her hanging over the trash can.

"Thanks, Broots." She rolled her eyes at him. "Okay, where are we? Any news on Jarod?"

"No, Miss Parker. I haven't heard from him a couple of weeks."

She laid her head down on her desk. "So, you could say it is safe for me to take the rest of the day off."

"Yeah, only if you make a doctor's appointment."

"I am right now, Syd. If you two will leave me alone."

They looked at each other and walked out.

*********

Parker sat in the doctor's office waiting her name to be called. She picked up a magazine and flipped through the pages, impatiently. A nurse came out and called for her. Parker got up, 'Finally,' she thought as she entered exam room.

"Okay, what seems to be the problem, Miss Parker?"

"I'm pregnant and I need to know how far a long I am."

"Okay, if you will get undressed, the doctor will be in a few minutes." The nurse handed Parker a gown.

Parker sat on the table, thinking, 'How am I going to deal with a baby? My father is going to kill me. I can't have kids now. They are just not in my plans, especially with Jarod on the loose.'

A female doctor walked in. "Hello, Miss Parker."

"Hello, Jasmine. It's been a while."

"Yes, it has. Now, it says here you are pregnant. I hope you have quit taking your pills."

"Yes, I have. I did a home pregnancy test this morning. Could it be a mistake?"

"Yes, it's possible. I will start with the exam as soon as my nurse gets in here. Do you have any questions before we get started?"

"No, not right now. Maybe later."

After the exam, Parker sat up on the table. "Well, how far a long am I?"

"When did you say your period was?"

"I don't know. Last month, maybe the one before then. Why?"

"Well, best I can tell is you are about eight weeks. I would like to do an ultrasound to make sure."

"Eight weeks," Parker sighed.

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"No, how long can I hide this pregnancy?"

"I don't know. It depends. Some women can hide it until their fifth month and others show before then. Why?"

"No reason."

"Parker, you're afraid to tell your father, aren't you?"

"How did you guess?"

"I can see it in your eyes. Besides how long have we known each other?"

"I don't know. How long have I been coming to see you? Still, you just don't know my father. He's going to kill me."

"Parker, you are a grown woman."

"I know but you don't understand my father."

"Speaking of fathers, are you going to tell the baby's father?"

"I haven't decided."

"Parker, you know he has the right to know."

"I know. I will tell him when the time is right."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay, lets do an ultrasound. We can talk more afterwards."

Parker lay on her back and watched the little miracle that was growing inside, kicking and moving around.

"Everything looks great. The baby is the size of an eight weeks fetus."

"What is that moving there?"

"That is an arm. Look over here, see that," the doctor pointed at the screen.

"Yeah."

"That is the heart beating."

Parker couldn't believe it. She was staring a baby growing inside of her. She felt a little better but still didn't know how she was going to tell her father. 'Maybe I can run away until after the baby is born. Nah, he would find me. Oh well, I can come up with something between now and then,' she thought to herself.

**********

Parker saw Sydney sitting at his desk as she walked by. "Syd, can we talk?"

"Sure. Pull up a chair."

Parker came in and sat down beside her old friend. She put her hands on her head and looked up. "I'm in trouble and that's an understatement," she said under her breath.

"What is it?"

"Syd, I don't know what to do and I can't get out of it."

"Talk to me Parker."

"This goes no further."

"I know. What is it?"

"Syd, I'm pregnant."

"You're what?" He looked at her confused.

"I'm going to have a baby."

"Who's the father?"

"I can't tell you." She quickly got up and paced the floor. She couldn't look him in the eye for she knew he would know.

"Parker." He got up and placed his hand on her shoulder.

She wouldn't turn to face him. "What?"

"It's Jarod, isn't it?"

"No. Are you crazy?" She let out a laugh.

"Parker, don't lie to me."

She turned to face him. "Okay, Syd. It is. I don't even know how it happened. One minute we were talking and the next thing I remember is waking up next to him. What am I going to do?"

"Well, first thing is you are going to tell him. He has the right to know."

"I know. Then what? My father is going to have a fit, when he finds out."

"Well, maybe not."

"What do you mean?"

"Let me come up with something and I will get back to you."

"Thanks, Syd. I knew I could count on you." Parker gave her old friend a hug and walked out.

The End!