Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers
“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Smallville” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their creators and they are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Just like Stefano in The Pretender goes to Salem knows about Jarod I thought that Lionel Luther would know about Jarod too.


Smallville
By: 24


Jarod walked into Smallville’s high school and into the classroom that he was teaching in. He sat behind his seat and watched as the class started filing into the classroom. He had read in the papers that Smallville’s little town was involved in strange activity. All because of a meteor shower that fell to the earth a long time ago. Some people had strange powers and he was here to check it out.



“Hello class.”



After calling roll he turned to the class and told them to get out their books and turn to the page he would be teaching from.



At lunch he sat on one of the benches watching Clark Kent and his friends. He knew everything centered on Clark and he wanted to know why. He knew that Clark was adopted by the Kent’s as a baby, but that was it. He knew his friends were Chloe who worked at the paper like Clark, Pete and Lana.



Clark was watching in the corner of his eye as the new teacher studied him. He wondered why the teacher was here and why he was watching him.



“Clark are you okay?” Asked Pete his best friend and who also knew his secret.



Clark turned to Pete and noticed that Lana and Chloe had left.



“I’m fine. It’s strange, but the new teacher is looking at me. He’s studying me.”



“Maybe he knows your secret.”



“I hope not. You’re the only one who knows who I am.”



“I’m going to see if Chloe knows who he is.”



“Okay. Goodbye Clark.” The bell rang and they went back into the school.



Clark up to Chloe who was working on the computer.



“Chloe can you do me a favor?”



“Sure.”



“I need you to get some information on the new teacher.”



“You mean Jarod Miller.”



“That’s him.”



“I’ll see what I can do.”



“Thank you Chloe.”



He walked out of the school and went home. As soon as Clark left Lionel Luther, Lex’s father came through the door.



“Hello Chloe.”



“Mr. Luther.”



“What are you doing now?”



“I’m searching for someone for Clark.”



“Really. Who is it?”



“It’s one of the teachers. His name is Jarod, but I can’t find anything on him.”



“Jarod? What does Jarod look like?”



“He has dark hair and a mole right below his eye.”



“Really.” He was lost in a memory for a moment. “You know I might know him. Is there anyway that you can get him alone for me to see him?”



“I think so.”



“Good. I’ll tell you where to meet him and I’ll take it from there.”



Chloe had asked Clark why he wanted Jarod investigated and so he told her that Jarod was staring at him. He just wanted to know who he was and why he was looking at him. He didn’t tell her that Jarod might know who he really was.



Chloe had gotten a call from Mr. Luther and told him to have Jarod meet her at the one of Luther Corps warehouses.



Later that day she waited for all the students to trickle out of the room, so she can talk to Jarod.



“What is it Chloe?”



“I know that you are looking for information on Clark Kent. I want you to know that I have the info that you need. I’ll give you all the papers that I have on him at this address today at 5:00. She gave him the address and left.



Jarod walked into the warehouse not knowing that this was a trap. He looked around trying to find Chloe, but she wasn’t there yet. He saw that the warehouse was full of things, but still no Chloe. He waited a while before he gave up. He was walking towards the door when someone ran towards him. He started running to, but the person was to fast and he tackled him. Jarod’s arms were put behind him and the cuffs were put on. He was hauled up and faced towards the Center of the warehouse when the lights came on. There were more men and they were all surrounding him. A tall gray haired man came walking up to them.



“Who are you?” asked Jarod as the man stopped in front of them.



“My name is Lionel Luther. I’ve had some dealings with the Centre and needed their services of their best pretender.”



“Then you know why I escaped. You know I won’t work for you, or the Centre.”



“Yes, I know all about you Jarod.”



He tried to free himself, but was punched in the stomach when Lionel nodded his head. He was led into one of the cars that had driven up when he was inside the warehouse. They didn’t want him to know that this was a trap.



After that he was taken into the Luther Mansion. Jarod was looking around when he noticed a younger man.



“Lex, come here.”



Lex looked at his father and then to Jarod and obeyed his father.



“Lex, this is Jarod. Jarod, this is my son Lex.”



“Why do you have him cuffed?”



“None of your business son. I just wanted you to meet him. He’s going to make us money.”



“I’m not working for you.”



“Take him to his space.”



While both of them watched a struggling Jarod go out of their sight, Lionel looked at his son.



“I can’t make up my mind if we should make him work for us, or sell him back.”



“What do you mean sell him back?”



“He’s a very sick man son. He needs to go back to the place he escaped from. He’s a criminal son.”



“And you are going to have a criminal work for you?”



“Why not? He’s good at what he sets his mind to. I don’t see the harm of it.” Then Lionel left to the study leaving Lex standing there. Lex stared at his father and then headed towards Jarod’s cell. He could see Jarod sitting in the furthest corner on the ground. He looked up when he heard someone walk up to the cell.



“Hello Lex.”



“What did you do?”



“What do you mean?”



“My father said that you’re a criminal and I wanted to know what you did.”



“I didn’t do anything.”



“Isn’t that what everyone says?”



“You don’t believe me?”



“Why should I?”



Jarod looked at Lex through the bars of his cage and then looked away.



“When I was a boy I was stolen from my parents by a corporation called the Centre. They took me because I am a pretender, a genius who can become anyone I want to be. They locked me in a cell only to be let out to do simulations. Hypothetical situations where I would have to figure out how to build a better building, or how to rescue a hostage. They also did experiments on me. When I was older I found out that the Sims that I was doing were hurting and killing people I had to run away. They put my childhood friend Miss Parker, my mentor or handler Sydney and a computer tech Mr. Broots on my pursuit. Miss Parker is the chairman’s daughter. She used to come to visit me inside the Centre until her father sent her to boarding school. After that I never saw her again.”



“I’m sorry Jarod.”



“It’s not your fault.”



“I’ve got to go.” He turned and left not letting Jarod get the chance to say goodbye not that he wanted to.



*****



Kent Farm



Chloe was going up the steps to the barn where Clark was.



“Did you find anything Chloe?”



“I found a few articles.” She handed them to Clark.



Good Samaritan helps Orphanage.



Jarod Greenly single handedly shut down an orphanage that was taking money, but not spending it on the children who lived there. The article when on, but Clark flipped to another article.



Who is Jarod?



There have been a few articles floating around the papers about a man named Jarod. He saves the day and always getting the bad guy, but who is he? Is he a good Samaritan, or a Vigilante?”



Lawyer helps falsely accused victim.



During the trial of Trent Miller it was found out that he did not kill the two owners of a local store. The tape was doctored and the real one found with the real date and time. Jarod Farmer, Trents attorney found out who the real killer was and brought him to justice.



There were more articles, but Clark stopped reading. He looked at Chloe. “Then why was he looking at me? Why was he interested in me?”



“I don’t know Clark. I’ve did something terrible and I think Lionel is going to do something to Jarod.”



“What do you mean?”



“I was still at school when Lionel came in. He found out that I was searching for Jarod and he got this weird look on his face. He told me that he might know Jarod and wanted to meet him at his warehouse.”



“Do you think that Lionel will hurt him?”



“I don’t know.”



“I’ve got to go to dinner now.”



“I know. I’ve got to go too.”



After she left Clark took off to Lex’s house. He used his x-ray vision to find Jarod and he did. Jarod was sleeping in his cell when he heard a crack in the cell’s doors. He sat up as the lights came on. The door was hidden from his view and there stood Clark Kent.



“Clark?”



“Yes. Come on. We have to leave now.”



Jarod scrambled up and left with Clark. When Jarod was sitting in Kent’s kitchen. Mrs. Kent was tending to his wounds. He had a cut right above his eye and one on his lip. There were also some shallow cuts on his wrists from the handcuffs.



“I heard that you were trying to find out about Clark.” Asked Mr. Kent.



“Yes, I was. I wanted to know why everything centered around Clark in Smallville.”



“Why did Lionel want you? Why did he put you in a cell?”



He looked at Mr., Mrs. and Clark Kent and decided to tell them about his life. When he was finished he looked at all of them.



“So you don’t know where your family is at?”



“I’ve seen my mother and the sister that I didn’t know that I have. I found my father and we rescued my clone. I got to see my sister again, but I’ve never found my mom.”



“They cloned you?”



“Yes. When I was inside the Centre I did a cloning simulation never knowing that it was going to be used on me.”



“My goodness. You were a child when they grabbed you.”



“They never treated me like a child. To them I am just a possession. Something that made them money. A test subject, a lab rat.”



“I’m so sorry Jarod.”



“It’s okay. I’m searching for my parents and someday we will be a family. Until then I try to help people making up for the things I’ve done in the Centre.”



“But you were just a child and had no idea what they were doing to you Sims.”



“I was also an adult doing the Sims to.”



“But you didn’t know.”



“I should have. I’m a genius and I should have known.”



“I know about Clark and what he can do. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone about him. I hope you won’t tell anyone about mine.”



“No, we won’t tell anyone your secret. Just as long as you won’t tell our sons.”



“Don’t worry, I won’t.”



“Thank you Clark for helping me out of there. I hope you have a bright future ahead of you. Just enjoy life and be happy that you’re allowed to be a kid.”



“Don’t you want to have dinner? It’s about ready.”



“No. I have to go. Mr. Luther might be looking for me and I can’t have that. He knows that I’m a pretender and he knows about the Centre.”



“Good luck Jarod. I hope you find your family.”



“Thank you.”



Clark drove him to his latest lair and left. Jarod quickly packed and then he too left.