Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:
“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“The X-Files” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to FOX and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: Set before Jarod escaped. Broots is not in this fic because I’m pretty sure the only reason why Broots was at the Centre in the first place was to find Jarod. If Jarod never escaped then there was no need for Broots to start working for the Centre.



The Crossover Series
X-Files
By: 24


Jarod sat in the sim room going over his sim, so that nothing would go wrong. He liked to help people and he was good at it. This was his home and there was nowhere else to go. His parents had died coming to see him and he was sad when they told him, but that was a long time ago and he never really remembered them. He wrote the last note down and put down the pen he was using. His mentor Sydney who was watching him walked over and picked up the paper looking it over.



“Very good Jarod. Are you ready for another sim?”



“Yes, I am.”



He handed Jarod another file. He opened the file and read through it. It was going to be another easy sim just like the last one. There were some Sims that took for days and some were painful, but not these two ones that he already did.



*****

FBI Building



Mulder and Scully were working their office when they were summoned by Skinner to come to his office. They looked at each other and wondered what did Skinner want now. He hoped that they weren’t in trouble. They haven’t done anything.



They opened the door and Skinner told them to sit down.



“I have an undercover job for both of you.”



“What is it Sir?” Replied Scully.



“I need you two to go into an organization called the Centre. The FBI had been keeping an eye on this organization for a long time and never had an undercover agent in there, but now they are going to. You two are the first.”



“Is there anything in the Centre that we should be aware of?”



“I’ll give you as much background as I know. From what I heard they steal children for their experiments. The chairman is Mr. Parker and his son and daughter work there too. The Centre had been down to the Parkers every generation. We need for both of you to see what they are doing and whatever evidence you can get. Mulder you will work as a sweeper. From what I hear they are like bodyguards or security people. Scully you are a scientist. We have all your credentials just in case if they check you out. You start tomorrow. Here are the directions and your badges to get into the Centre.”



They both grabbed their stuff and went out. They would pack tonight and make their way to Blue Cove, Delaware.



*****

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware



Jarod sat in the sim lab resting after the ordeal that he had gone through. The sim that he did today was very tiring, time consuming and painful. Sydney watched his pretender to see if he was going to be all right.



*****

Mr. Parker’s Office.



Mulder and Scully sat in the chairman’s office to get their orders.



“Scully you will assist Dr. Sydney with the pretender project. Mulder you will be a second sweeper for Jarod. You may go now. Jake take them to where they are going to go.”



“Yes, Sir.” Replied Jake as he watched the two get up from their chairs and follow him.



They rode down the elevator and when the door opened he let them into the sim lab where Jarod was resting. Sydney looked up as the three entered and so did Jarod.



“This is Scully she will be working with you. And this is Mulder the second sweeper for Jarod.”



“Hello.”



“Hello Dr.”



“Please call me Sydney.”



“Let me introduce you to Jarod.”



Jarod just watched as the two newest additions to the Centre stare at him.



“Hello. Mr. Mulder and Mrs. Scully.” He said as he got up and shook both of their hands.



“We were just ready to do another sim.”



“Are you ready Jarod?”



“Yes, Sydney.”



“Good.” He handed another folder to Jarod to read through. The file was about a little boy missing in the mountains. His parents and the seven-year-old boy and the boy’s thirteen-year-old sister went to the snow and they lost the little boy. They were frantic and the search and rescue could not find him. It was getting late and they needed help fast.



Jarod pretended to be seven-year-old Gavin. “I see a deer and turn to see my parents playing with my sister. I didn’t want to bother them, so I take off. It’s so beautiful the snow makes noise as I walk away from them. The deer looks at me and then runs off, but not very far. I follow the deer further and further into the woods. Suddenly the deer is gone and I don’t know where I’m at. I see a white boulder and I’m so cold. The wind has picked up and I huddle right by the white rock. I’m getting sleepy and I want to go to sleep. My parents must be worried. I didn’t mean to run off, but the deer was pretty and I wanted to pet it.”



Jarod blinks to get out of his sim and looks at Sydney. “Sydney tell them to hurry the little boy doesn’t have a lot of time.”



“I will Jarod. Very good Jarod.” He walked out of the sim lab and into his office. He called the search and rescue and told them to find the boy. A little while later they found the boy alive and well. They were taking him to the hospital. His parents were relieved and panicked.



“Jarod, they found the boy. He’s going to be alright.”



“What about his parents?”



“They are relieved that he was found and they were panicked.”



“Do you think that my parents were relieved that they were going to see me before they died?”



“I don’t know Jarod. I think you deserve a rest right now. You may go to your room.”



Jake one of Jarod’s sweeper grabbed Jarod by the arm and led him out. He motioned for Mulder to follow him. They walked a little way to the elevator and went one floor down where Jarod’s cell was unlocked. Jarod went in and laid down. He was exhausted after the Sims he did today. The two men then went back to the sim lab. When they went in Mulder heard Scully ask.



“What was that? What did Jarod do?”



“Jarod is a pretender, a genius who can become anyone he wants to be. He can become a seven-year-old boy, a surgeon, a firefighter, a lawyer to do the Sims that he is given. The simulations that he does help a lot of people. Just like they helped the little boy be reunited with his family.”



“What happened to Jarod’s parents?”



“They were killed coming to see him. The plane that they were on crashed.”



“How old was he when he was first here?”



“Actually, I don’t know. I think he might have been four.”



“I have to go through some more notes. I’ll call you if I need Jarod for another sim.”



“Okay, Sir.”



They walked to the staff lounge and Jake took off for a minute.



“My goodness they had that man since he was a child.”



“Yes, and the room that he stays in is a cell.”



“I can’t believe there are people that are pretenders.”



“Come on Scully we’ve seen a lot of things in our line of work. Why couldn’t there be gifted individuals that can be anyone they want to be?”



*****

A month later.



Scully and Mulder were still in the Centre gathering information and calling into Skinner as promised. They told him about Jarod and that he is a pretender.



Mulder and Scully walked into the elevator and pushed the button that would take them to the sim lab. They opened the door and saw Jake walk in ahead of them. They too walked in to find Sydney saying to go get Jarod. Mulder followed Jake and watched him punch numbers in the keypad. Jarod was already standing like he was supposed to.



“Time to do another sim Jarod.”



Jarod was escorted out of his cell and into the elevators and into the sim lab.



Sydney was there talking to Scully when the door opened. Jarod took in that there was a screen on the wall. He wondered what sim he would do today.



“Sydney what is it today?”



“We have a downed plane and we need for you to find out what happened. We need you to be each airport personnel on that plane.”



Jarod sat down at the table and read through the file. Then there was images projected on the screen as the video played. He pretended to be the pilot, co pilot and the other personnel. He told Sydney what happened and it was over. Jarod wiped sweat from his brow. This one was a painful one. He could almost feel the flames on his body, but he knew that it wasn’t real. He was trained to block out the pain.



“How are you feeling Jarod?”



“I felt the flames on my body. I felt like I was burning too.”



“You may have the day off to work out today.”



Jarod nodded and walked with Jake and Mulder. He was sometimes allowed to use the weight room that was reserved for Centre personnel. He tried all the machines almost exhausting himself then was led to the showers. After he was done he was led back to his room. His food was brought in and then he read some of the books that were in the room. After that he went to sleep.



*****

Mulder and Scully’s place.



They had all the information that they needed to take down the Centre. They were to go back and leave the job behind. The FBI would take care of it. They would be allowed to go with the FBI and the police and so they went back to Blue Cove.



“Sir, what about Jarod? He’s a victim of the Centre. I would like to see if his parents were really dead and try to reunite them if they are not.”



“We won’t do anything to Jarod. You’re right he is a victim of the Centre, but we are arresting everyone else.



*****

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware



Jarod and Sydney were in the sim lab when the police came in. They arrested Sydney on the spot.



“What are you doing?” Asked Jarod.



“Are you Jarod?”



“Yes.”



“Come with me Sir.”



Jarod looked at Sydney and what they were doing to him. “No, I’m staying with Sydney.”



“Jarod, go with them. I’ll be alright.”



“Jarod, don’t worry we’re not going to arrest you.”



Just then Mulder and Scully came in wearing FBI jackets.



“You’re FBI?”



“Yes, we were sent undercover to see what you were doing. The FBI was keeping an eye on you to see what you were doing. We were picked to go undercover.”



Just then Angelo barged in.



“Angelo” Jarod went up and hugged his friend.



“Friend okay?”



“Yes, I’m okay.”



“Not arrest Sydney. Not his fault. Not Miss Parker’s fault either. Only Mr. Parker and Mr. Raines’s fault.”



Both the FBI Agents looked at the man wondering who he was.



“Angelo, what are you talking about?”



“Not your fault.”



“Who is this?”



“Angelo, he’s an empath.”



“An empath?”



“Yes.”



“Okay, lets get this sorted out. Come on let’s go.”



They led the three Centre people into the elevators. The doors opened to the lobby and to the doors that led outside. Jarod walked a little ways until Mr. Parker and Mr. Raines came out of their offices both cuffed and being dragged out of the building.



“This building has been in my family for a long time, you can’t do this.”



Mr. Parker and Mr. Raines looked around. They saw Sydney too was cuffed and taken away. They also saw Jarod and Angelo.



“No, you can’t take our property. Take them back into their spaces. They are our property.”



“What?”



“Our property to do what we want to do with. Take them back to their cells.”



“People are not property.” Scully said at Mr. Parker’s words. She was disgusted with his words thinking that people were property.



“They are when they belong to us.”



She shook her head as the two were led out. Just then Miss Parker came out of her office cuffed and being led out of the building. She looked around and saw Sydney, Jarod and Angelo.



“Well, well, if it isn’t the lab rat and cousin it.”



“Miss Parker.”



“What is it rat?”



“Why do you say that to me? I’m not a lab rat.”



“Yes, you are. You spent so much time in a lab you are a lab rat.”



“You look like your mom.” He said because he hadn’t seen her in a long time.



“You should know because you were the reason why she was killed.”



“I didn’t kill your mother.”



“You may have not pulled the trigger, but you are the reason why she’s dead. She tried to get you out of the Centre. You’re also the reason why Sydney’s brother Jacob is dead. They both tried to rescue you.”



“No, that’s not true.”



“Yes, it is lab rat.” She yelled at him as the tears ran down both their faces.



Jarod turned to Sydney “That’s not true is it?”



“No, Jarod. It was because of me my brother died.”



Sydney looked away and then all of them were led outside. Jarod and Angelo stopped when they got out on the lawn.



“Look at the pretty colors on the trees.” The trees had started to change and they ranged from gold, to brown to red.



“Pretty.” Replied Angelo.



Jarod and Angelo soaked up the sun.



“It feels warm.” Jarod reached out a hand to feel the sun on him.



“Come on let’s go Jarod and Angelo. Scully and Mulder watched the two as they looked around in wonder.



“Haven’t you ever been outside?”



“I was outside once when it was cold. I snuck out and I was brought back. I was just standing there watching it snow.”



They shook their heads in wonder.



“Jarod and Angelo you are coming with us.” Mulder said.



“What about Sydney?”



“He is gong with the other FBI Agents.”



“Even after what Angelo said? He’s never been wrong.”



“We have to check this out ourselves.”



“I can help.”



“Sorry Jarod.”



*******



It took a while for them to figure out that Sydney and Miss Parker were victims of the Centre just like he and Angelo were. Scully found out that Jarod’s parents were not dead and reunited the family. They also found Kyle who was still in prison. They released him and left him to the custody of his parents. Jarod found out that Kyle was the little boy at the Centre who he spilt acid on. He found out about the sister that he didn’t even know that he had. The family was overjoyed to be reunited once again.



The Centre was finally gone out of their lives and Major Charles, Emily and Margaret had no need to run anymore. They found their two lost sons who finally came home again all to the thanks of two very special FBI Agents.