Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


“The Series of Unfortunate Events” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to Lemony Snicket, Harpers Collins Publishers and Brett Helquist. They are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



A stop to the Unfortunate Events.
By: 24


Jarod’s latest lair.

Jarod just finished his latest pretend and was going through the newspapers to find his next one. He knew that he had enough time to do this, so he leafed through the papers. A headline caught his eye.



Baudelaire Orphans still chased by Count Olaf
By: Lemony Snicket.

Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire whose parents died in a terrible fire are still being chased by Count Olaf and his men. Count Olaf is only after the Baudelaire fortune that was left to the children by their late parents. They only get it when fourteen-year-old Violet comes of age. Count Olaf has one eyebrow and a tattoo of an eye on his ankle. Please if you have any information on Count Olaf and his men please contact me. He likes to disguise himself to avert suspicion.





Jarod looked at the picture and of some of the disguises that Count Olaf and his men had in the past. He knew that he had to help these children to make sure that they could have a normal life as possible. Every child should have the chance at a normal life and he was going to give that chance to the Baudelaire children. He took the newspapers, clothes, Halliburton and left.



Jarod’s House.



He had contacted Mr. Poe the man who is in charge of the children’s fortune. He would be bringing the children here soon. He looked around again to make sure everything was all right. The doorbell rang and he went to go answer it.



“Hello Mr. Winston. I’m Mr. Poe and this is Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire.” He pointed to each one of the children as he said their name.



“Hello Violet, Klaus and Sunny. It’s nice to meet you. Please come in.”



“I’m sorry, but I can’t stay. I have to go back to the bank.”



“Okay, goodbye Mr. Poe.”



“Children, I want you to be on your best behavior.”



“We will.”



Violet thought to herself they were always on their best behavior it was just that Count Olaf was always after them trying to get his hands on their fortune. They would do well if they could just get the chance to stay in one place.



Mr. Poe walked out to his car and drove off.



“Well children what do you want to do?”



“Achoo.” Sunny said. She was only a baby, so it was hard for people to understand unless you were her brother and sister.



“Yes we do have things for you to chew on.”



“You understand our sister? I thought that we were the only ones that could understand her.”



“I did understand her.”



“I have books so you can do research or just to read. Violet I have tools for you to invent things and I have other things too. I’ll show you to your rooms.”



The children put their meager belongings into their rooms and then went into the kitchen to where Jarod was putting lunch together. They were having sandwiches and chips for lunch.



After lunch they went to the living room.



“I also have videos that you can watch.” Jarod showed them the DVD’s and VHS’s.



“Okay, thanks.” Said Klaus.



“Your welcome.”



Jarod went back to the kitchen to put the lunch things away. He peeked in on the children who were watching a movie. He went back to his room and turned on the computer. He did some more research about the Baudelaire’s, their parents, Count Olaf and his henchmen. After he was done he went back to the living room to watch the rest of the movie that the children were watching.



After the movie was done they went to the park and flew three kites that Jarod had bought. Jarod was holding Sunny as she held on the string that flew her kite. After that Sunny and Jarod played in the sand and Klaus and Violet went on the slide and the other playground equipment. After a while they walked home. Jarod carried Sunny and the kite’s home.



Jarod fixed dinner while Klaus looked through the books. He picked one out and curled up on one of the chairs and started to read. Violet looked at the invention books because she already looked at the tools. She too curled up on a chair and leafed through the book and read the articles that she liked.



Jarod called the children to dinner and they sat in the dining room. They talked about different things during the meal. He talked a little bit about his adventures and the children talked about their adventures. Violet told him about an Aunt who took care of them how she didn’t like ovens and they always ate cold food. How Count Olaf and his henchmen that were after them because of their fortune were always chasing them.



They watched television and the children went to bed. Jarod turned off the television after they went to their rooms. He went to his room and looked to see if he had any mail. There was none so he turned off the computer and went to sleep.



Two days later.



Jarod and the children were putting together a train set when the doorbell rang. Jarod got up and answered it and the children followed. There stood Count Olaf in disguise.



“Hello I am here wondering if you need any help around the house? Maybe yard work, housework, watching the children, or just doing carpentry.”



“No thanks.”



“Are you sure?”



“I am sure. Now we have to go.”



“Okay, goodbye.” Jarod shut the door and went back into the living room with the children trailing behind him. He watched out the window as the man got into the car and he took down the license plate.



“That was.”



“I know Count Olaf.”



“How did you know?”



“I just saw right through his disguise.”



*****

Next day.



Jarod had got the information where Count Olaf and his henchmen were staying. He left the children alone and went after Count Olaf. He followed Count Olaf as the man was going around the town. Count Olaf felt someone following him and he looked behind him, but found nobody there. That feeling seemed to following him all day.



Jarod went to the park where Count Olaf had gone. He watched as Count Olaf took a look around him. Jarod walked up to him and took a seat next to him.

“You feel like you’re being stalked don’t you?”



“What do you mean?”



“You feel like someone is following your every move don’t you?”



“Yes.”



“Imagine doing that to three defenseless children. Their parents died leaving them scared and alone out in the world. The youngest Baudelaire won’t even have the chance to feel her mother and father’s arms around her. She will never get to know them because they died. They have no one in the world and you and your henchmen are chasing them. All because you are greedy and want the children’s fortune. How would you like to be stalked not knowing when you are going to show up to kidnap them, not knowing that they are safe. They are children and need to have a stable environment. They should have the security of being in one place. They shouldn’t be scared all the time.”



“It was you who’s been following me?”



“Yes. How did it feel? Imagine that happening to children who don’t have anybody to help them.”



“How did you know it was me? I’m in disguise. No one knows me in disguise.”



“I saw through your disguise.”



He then kidnapped him and led the police to them. He watched as Count Olaf was led away along with his henchmen.



******

Meanwhile at the house.



“What do you think of Jarod? He knows what Sunny is talking about. He saw through Count Olaf’s disguise. Who is he? It’s like he knows what we went through.”



“I don’t know.”



The three siblings went towards his room and searched it to get a clue who he was.



“Here.” Said Sunny as she spied a shiny silver briefcase.



Violet grabbed the case that was under the bed and opened it. What she saw was tiny disks and what looked like the player. She took one of the disks and put it in. It showed a young Jarod when he was first brought there when he asked for his mom and dad. The sim he did when he was four and he ran down the corridor and Sydney held him and told him to use his safe word Refuge. They sat there watching the rest of them and through that their experiences weren’t as bad as what Jarod went through when he was a child and when he was grown.



“My goodness who would do that to a child?”



“I don’t know. Jarod seemed to have a worse experience than we’ve ever had.”



Jarod walked in on them and saw the Halliburton open and the disks out. He blinked at them.



“I’m sorry Jarod. We’ve just wanted to know who you were. You understood what Sunny was saying and it felt like you knew what we went through. We’re sorry Jarod we didn’t mean it.”



“It’s okay, but you can’t tell anyone about those disks. If anyone knows that you’ve seen them then you will be in danger. They will use you against me and they will hurt you. Nothing, I mean nothing that you’ve been through with Count Olaf will compare what you go through with the Centre.”



“We won’t tell anyone about you, the disks or the Centre.” Said Violet.



“What about you Klaus?”



“I won’t tell anyone about you, the disks or the Centre.”



“What about you Sunny?”



“cheyse”



“Thank you Violet, Klaus and Sunny.”



****

Next day.



Mr. Poe was coming today to gather the children and take them to their Aunt and Uncle’s house. It was finally over the children were free to stay in one place. Count Olaf was put away in jail along with his henchmen and they were going to be there a long, long time.



The doorbell rang and there stood Mr. Poe ready take the children to their guardians.



“Thank you Jarod for taking care of the children and getting Count Olaf.”



“You’re welcome.”



“Goodbye Violet, Klaus and Sunny. Good luck with your family.”



“Thank you Jarod for putting away Count Olaf and taking care of us. I hope that you find your parents and your sister.”



“Thank you.”



“Goodbye.”



He watched the children get into the car and take off. He watched as the car turned the corner and he went back inside the house to pack up his things. He put his things into the car and now it was his time to go.