Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:

“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Charmed” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to WB and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



Charmed Again.
By: 24


Jarod walked up to the two sisters house. He was going to pay his respects to the loss of their sister Prue. He rang the doorbell and the door opened by Piper.


“Jarod, I’m so glad that you are here.”


They were getting ready to go to the funeral for the burial of their sister.



“I’m just glad that I got here as soon as I could.”



“Were you done with your pretend?”



“I was just wrapping it up when I got the news. I’m so sorry for your loss.”



“Thank you.”



“Please come in the funerals not until an hour away.”



“Thank you.”



Jarod walked into the living room where Leo, Cole, and Phoebe were.



“Jarod, I’m so glad that you could make it.” Said Phoebe.



“I’m sorry about your loss, Phoebe.”



“Thank you.”



Jarod talked to Cole, Piper, Phoebe and Leo until it was time to leave for the gravesite.



****

Two days later.



Jarod, Piper, Cole and Leo were in the living room when Phoebe walked into the room with Paige.



He watched Paige as she talked to the two sisters. She knew that there was something about this girl and told them when she had left.



“Are you sure about this Jarod?”



“Yes, I’m sure.”



The two sisters had followed Paige and saw her use her white lighter powers.



“Jarod was right.”



*****

A couple of days later they had Paige over their house for dinner and soon after that they let her stay there. Jarod was already sleeping on the couch. His laptop was open on the table and his DSA and the reader were by the couch.



Once while Jarod was out of the house Paige decided to ask about Jarod.



“You two are witches, Cole is a demon, and Leo is a white lighter. What is Jarod?”



“Jarod is special too. You have to ask him yourself.”



“Maybe I will.”



Jarod had opened the door to the house and walked into the living room. Piper and Phoebe were there.



“Jarod, Paige was asking about you. Is it okay if you tell her about yourself if she asks?”



“I’ll tell her when and if she asks.”



“Thank you, Jarod.” And they left.



Jarod turned on his laptop. He was so absorbed with typing that he didn’t even see that Paige was watching him.



“Jarod.”



Jarod stopped and turned to Paige.



“Yes, Paige.”



“Phoebe, Piper and I are witches. Cole is a demon and Leo is a white lighter. What about you?”



“I am what you would call a pretender. I’m a genius who can become anyone I want to be. I was stolen from my family when I was young because of this. I was locked up inside this place called the Centre. I did simulations for them that hurt and killed people. When I found that out I escaped. They have my childhood friend, Miss Parker and my father figure, mentor; Sydney along with Mr. Broots a computer tech is on the hunt for me to return me back to the Centre. I don’t want to go back so I run and they chase.”



“Have you found your family?”



“I’ve seen my father. We rescued my clone from the Centre. I saw my sister, but I haven’t found my mother yet.”



“You have a clone?”



“Yes, he was fourteen years old when we rescued him.”



“I’m sorry that you had to go through that.”



“It’s okay. Sydney did protect me the only way that he could.”



She looked at the Halliburton.



“What’s in that?”



“That is where I keep my DSA’s.”



“What are DSA’s?”



“They are digital simulation archives. They record my entire life.”



“Oh.”



They talked some more and Paige went upstairs.



When Jarod was out Paige decided that she would watch the DSA’s. She was horrified that they would do that to someone. She had seen some child abuse cases when she was at the social services office, but this was a case all its own. Such a brilliant mind that was abused since he was a child. No wonder he felt so lonely, he never got any love as a child. He never got to be a child. How did he get to be so compassionate?”



Jarod walked into the living room where Paige was looking at the DSA’s. She didn’t hear Jarod come in and close the case.



“Those are private.”



“I’m so sorry that you had to go through that.”



“It’s not your fault.”



“I’ve seen child abuse cases because I work in social services. You were abused as a child.”



“No, I wasn’t. I just ran simulations.”



“Jarod, some of those simulations no child should ever have to do or see. How did you get to be so compassionate?”



“It was Sydney’s upbringing.”



“Jarod, Sydney is the one that abused you.”



“No, he didn’t. Sydney protected me the best way that he could.”



“Jarod, you sympathize with your kidnappers.”



“Do you know what would have happened to me if Sydney was able to show emotion to me? I would’ve been taken care of by Raines who turned my brother into a killer and turned a boy named Timmy into Angelo who’s an empath.



“You have a brother in the Centre too?”



“Yes, I did. I didn’t know that he was my brother when we were doing a sim together. I only found out that he was my brother a year after I escaped. We did a sim together and I accidentally poured acid on his hand. I thought that it was water, but it was switched. Miss Parker’s twin brother Mr. Lyle killed Kyle.



“I’m so sorry.”



“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.”



Paige and Jarod talked a little bit more about this, that and the Centre. She told him that she was adopted, but her parents died. She was attracted to P3 the club that Piper owned. She was also drawn to go to Prue’s funeral even if she didn’t know why. She knew that somehow she felt connected to the sisters.



*****

The next day.



Jarod decided that he’d stayed there a little bit to long. He didn’t want to take the chance that the Centre found out about the three witches because they might use them either against him, against each other, or just use them as lab rats like they did him. He couldn’t take that chance and he told them so.



He got into his car and said his goodbyes to the sisters. He wished them all good luck and drove off.