Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers
“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Tru Calling” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to Fox and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Tru Calling
By: 24


Tru Davies walked into the morgue for her nighttime shift. She remembered when she first got this job and she was there alone at the morgue by herself and one of the dead people talked to her. They had asked her to help them and she did and now she was used to the dead waking up and asking her for help. She liked the feeling of helping the dead so that they would live. She only wished that she could have helped her mother before she got killed. She relived the day that she had seen the person who died helping the dead person someway or other. She remembered also the time that she wasn’t able to help one of the dead people, but she helped the girlfriend.



Her boss was in the office going through some papers and he spied her and said hello. He knew that she heard the dead and often helped her when he could. She walked right by and went into the office. While she was there one of the people wheeled a person in, so she went to help him. He left leaving her and the person alone. Suddenly the man grabbed her and said help. The man was long, lean with dark hair and a mole under his eye. He looked at her with brown pain filled eyes.



*******

Same Day.



She woke up in the morning and turned off the alarm. She recalled the man who was going to die and remembered where it was going to happen and when. She went to go visit her brother and sister for lunch and then looked at her watch. She still had some time left before she had to help this man. She walked down the sidewalk and went into a candy store.



She walked out of the store and looked at her watch. It was almost time to help this troubled man with the pain filled eyes, yet they were also childlike. She walked into the warehouse where it was going to happen and hid behind a box to wait.



The door opened and she peeked behind the box and saw that it was the same man who was in the morgue. She waited until he was a little distracted in setting up the sting that he was setting up.



“Excuse me.”



Jarod jumped, turned around and looked around trying to find away to escape. He looked at the young woman and glanced around trying to find out if Miss Parker used her to trap him.



“It’s okay. I’m not here to hurt you.”



“Are you here with someone?”



“No, I’m here by myself.”



“I’m here because you are going to be killed if you go through with whatever you are going through.”



“And how do you know this?”



“I saw you dead yesterday and you asked for help”



“Really? That’s pretty neat. How long have you had this ability?”



“Not to long.”



“Does it work everyday? I’m only asking because if it did you would be very tired.”



“You believe me?”



“Yes, why wouldn’t I?”



“Not many people believed me.”



“I do.” He said as he gathered his things together. “I’ll have to think of another way to do this.”



“Do you want to go get something to eat?”



“Sure why not?”



They walked to the local diner and sat down. They ordered their dinner and then started to talk.



“You’ve never answered my question.”



“My mother was killed right in front of me when I was a young girl. I’ve always wanted to go back help her, but now I help other people.”



“You sound like someone I know. Her mother was killed in front of her, but it turned out to be not true. Her mother died later in life through.”



“Is she your friend?”



“She was my friend when we were younger. Her father sent her away to boarding school and I never saw her again. Now she hates me and I don’t know why.”



“I’m sorry Jarod.”



“It’s okay Tru it’s not your fault. It’s her father’s and the place where we were both at fault.”



“Have you seen her now?”



“She’s in charge of trying to find me. I left the place where she works at and where I used to work at and I took off. She’s in charge of bringing me back.”



“So do you have any family?”



“My father left and started a new family a long time ago. I still keep in touch with my brother and sister. Matter of fact I just had lunch with them.”



“That’s good. I’m glad that you have your family close by. Do they know that you have this ability?”



“Yes they do. What about your family?”



He looked away and looked back, but Tru saw the pain there. “I was separated from my family when I was younger and I’ve been trying to find them ever since.”



“I’m sorry Jarod. I hope that you find them.”



“Thank you.” He said as he smiled at her.



They finished their dinner and both paid their checks. They walked down the street window-shopping and then they parted ways.



“Thank you Tru for helping me.”



“Your Welcome Jarod. Good Luck.”



“Thanks.”



Jarod walked away from Tru and went back to his latest lair. He found a way to put the sting operation and then was done and got into his car and left the area.