Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Caught
By: 24


I stand there watching him as he smiles at the man and woman before him. He talks to them in the easy way that he does, shakes their hands and then walks away. I watch him walk a few paces and then see him stop when he sees a playground with children and their parents playing. He looks so sad. I remember my mom taking me to the playground when I was young. Seeing his face I see his sadness looking to the parents and children. He’s probably thinking about how he must have missed out on these things because he was isolated in the Centre. I feel sorry for him because he’s never had a normal life. I never had a normal life either, but at least not like him. He’s been abused in the Centre with all those Sims he’d done inside and then when Raines and Lyle had him in their custody. There are times when I think why am I chasing him to bring him back to the Centre to be abused again, but then I tell myself because he’s a lab rat. I’m constantly calling him names trying to dehumanize him I guess. Trying to think of him as property to be brought back and not as a human being who needs to be free. I got an anonymous tip that Jarod was here and I brought my sweepers with me. I was walking in the park when I saw him. Before this I thought that it was someone playing with my head, but when I saw him I thanked whoever made the tip and smiled at the figure that was on the move once more. He stopped at an ice cream vendor looking at all the types of ice cream I could hear him asking what a particular one was and then brought it. I could hear him unwrap it and bite into it and hear him say this is good. You would think that since he’s been in the big wide world he would know what certain things are, but no that was not the case. He brought another one to eat later and was on the move once more. I had called my sweeper team before and gave them a heads up to where he was going. He didn’t even know that I was following him because he had no reason to guess that I was. I followed him as he crossed the street and go towards the alleyway that he would take to go to his latest lair. When he was in the middle of the alleyway was when we made our move. The door opened in front of him as ten sweepers came out of it. He stopped then turned to run towards the opening of the alleyway, but my ten-sweeper team and I were ready. We were there with our guns out and Jarod stood there facing us. I could see the panicked reaction on his face as he sought a way to escape. There was no escape this time lab rat I thought to myself. His eyes turned towards mine again.



“How did you find me?”



“Someone called us and I came to check it out. I couldn’t believe my luck when I saw you.” She looked at him then nodded to Sam.



“Time to go wayward prince.” He grabbed Jarod and put the cuffs on him and held him as another sweeper came towards them with a syringe in his hand. “There is no escape this time sweet prince.” He said as Jarod’s eyes snapped shut.



They gathered his things before they grabbed him and were already in the black town car that the sweeper had gotten and drove up the alleyway. They put Jarod in first and then they to got in while the others got into the other cars that drove up. They drove to the airport where the Centre’s jet was.



As they walked into the Centre they turned to go into Mr. Raines’s office.



“Very good, Miss Parker. You definitely proved your loyalty.” He said as he looked at the drugged pretender. “Take him to his space.” He watched as they took him away and then turned to his daughter and smiled at her. “Thank you for returning Centre’s property back to us. Because of your show of loyalty to the Centre you not only get to live, but you are free from the Centre. You may leave now.” He smiled at his daughter and watched as she walked out of the Centre.



The End