Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



Dr. Jarod.



Jarod walked into his office that was in the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology department as the phone rang. Picking it up he talked to a mother of a nine-year-old child who had a blood problem. She had the flu and had a fever and he told to take her to the hospital. After hanging up he called up to the Pediatric ward to tell them that they were expecting a patient and then called some more doctors and told them she was coming in. This pretend wasn’t because he wanted to put the bad guy away it was because he wanted to help.

When nine-year-old Amy Miller came in she had her blood drawn and an I.V. put in her hand then was put in her room. She was hooked up to the monitors and had a pulse o meter put on her finger. Her parents were in the room when Jarod walked into the little room that the sink was at. Amy was in an isolation room so everyone had to wash their hands before they entered her room.

Jarod greeted her parents and then looked Amy over to make sure she didn’t have any other problems. He stayed for a while and then walked to Dr. Jenson who was also a part of the Hematology/Oncology department. She had given Amy’s case to Jarod when she was on vacation and he had been seeing her since.

After talking over to her he left to his own office and sat looking at the computer wondering if they should do something else for her. Amy had an incurable blood disease. Her counts were a little low than what they were previously, but that still didn’t mean anything. She had been living in that area for some time, so that still wasn’t that much to go on.

A few days later Amy’s fever had elevated to 105.2 and that worried not only him, but also Dr. Jenson. They talked and finally decided to give young Amy Miller a blood transfusion. Quickly calling down to the hospital’s blood bank they got the blood up to her room and they hooked it up to the I.V. tube. Checking in on her periodically they wanted to make sure that she was taking the blood well.

The next day after the blood transfusion she was brought home, but they had to make sure that she didn’t get any germs.

*****
A couple of weeks later.

Amy Miller’s mom called Jarod’s office again this time Amy had a 102.4 fever and a sore throat. He told her to bring her again. Again, after hanging up he called the Pediatric ward to tell them that they were getting a new patient.

When Amy and her family came in two nurses who walked them up to the Pediatric ward greeted them. They showed her the room and then took her to one of the exam rooms where they put an I.V. tube in and drew her blood. After that she was taken back to her room.

Jarod walked in then and talked to her parents and then checked her over. He was a little worried about her. They had taken a throat culture just to make sure that it wasn’t strep throat.

After hooking up the antibiotics that would kill whatever was in her he left. They would give her antibiotics every eight hours and they would keep her for 48 hours just to make sure that she didn’t need another transfusion.

After 48 hours she was taken home and of course they made sure that she wasn’t exposed to, to many germs. Jarod told them that they would need to have to come in a week and take her blood just to make sure her blood was back to where it was. Jarod invited them into the exam room while the nurse fixed the needle, vial and the syringe up and then she drew blood.

He told them a little bit about his life while they were waiting for the results and he was looking for his parents. He also told them that he would have to leave. He didn’t tell them where he was going.

The End