Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

[summer]
 
‘You stole a child from his family!’ 

 [pain]
 [rage]
 [anger]
 [scorching]

 ‘Do you even understand what you did? Can you imagine the fear, of being stolen away in the night – taken away to live in a place you’ve never seen before, wondering if you’re ever going to see the light of day again? Wondering if you’re ever going to see your family again?’

 [burning]

 His voice was shaking, and he was livid. The rumble echoed throughout the room and the man there couldn’t help but cower, searching for its owner.

 [inescapable]
[power]

 ‘Who are you?’

 ‘Somebody who doesn’t like seeing people kept in the dark.’

 Out of nowhere a fist connected with a jaw, and the dark angel become one of no mercy. It was a voice in the back of his mind that stopped him, or he could have gone on beating him forever.

 [strength]

 He stepped back, spitting at the man before softening.

 ‘What’s going to happen now?’

 [warmth]

 Taking the small child’s hand in his own, he slowly began walking towards the door.

 ‘Now… we go home.’



[winter]
 
She blinked, locking his gaze with her own of blue, observing the only means of escape out of the corner of her eye.

 [ice]
 [calculation]

 ‘You won’t do it. You don’t have the heart.’

 ‘I don’t have a heart. Period.’

 [cold]
 [deceit]


 Her finger rested on the trigger. She was trembling.

 [wrath]
 [hate]
 [revenge]
 [fear]

 ‘You’re beautiful when you’re angry, you know that?’

 [breathtaking]
 [deadly]

 ‘Shut up,’ she snapped.  ‘Just shut up, or I’ll put a bullet down your throat.’

 [severity]
 [harshness]

 He took a step forwards.

 ‘Move again and I’ll shoot.’

 [resoluteness]

 Locked gazes, then…

 Step.

 [survival]

 She squeezed.
 


[spring]
 
Neapolitan was his favourite. Three flavours in one.

 [life]

 Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla.

 [beauty]
 [love]
 [truth]

 He still remembered his first cone. The shock chill, delightful taste and then the crunch of the cone beneath a clear blue sky, walking through a garden, so long ago…

 [nature]
 [discovery]
 [journey]

 Better than Centre food. Children were playing in the park and he’d watched them as he ate.

 [friendship]
 [joy]

 He’d never been a child.

 [identity]

 He had been, and in a way still was, but he’d never gotten the chance to be one of them. 

[belonging]

 Sprinkles on top and a rainbow in the sky. Chocolate smooth, strawberry sweet and vanilla pure. He’d never been one of them, but it could have been worse.

 [hope]

 Not knowing could have been worse.
 


[autumn]
 
‘Don’t look at me like that.’

 [wounds]

 The boy was young, barely three years. His eyes were blue like hers and she loved him in the way only sisters could love.

 [safety]
 [security]

 Eyes of blue blinked up at her and she had a sneaking suspicion he would be responsible for melting that final layer of ice.

 [relent]

 ‘Come here, you,’ she whispered, pulling him into her lap.

 [tenderness]

 Butterfly kisses, like her mother had once given. Her mother…

 [healing]

 There was fear there, a fear of loving and losing. But, perhaps, stronger was the fear of never loving him at all…

 [change]
 [acceptance]

 Eyes of blue blinked up at her and despite the chill in the air, the sun was shining.

 [confessions]
 [victory]
 [defeat]

  ‘I love you.’