Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I wrote this story for fun. Don’t sue me Blah, blah, blah, blah. You know the drill.
Author’s note: 1) I don’t like saying “So-and-so belongs to me!” because it makes me sound to much like Mr. Rains, but if you would like to.....include Kala in one of your stories, please ask my permission first. 2)DON’T SUE ME!!! 3) I’m only 12, cut me some slack! This is also my first published fanfic!!




It’s Ok To Cry
part 2
**Centrare Idiota!!**
By Devil’s Child





Miss Parker’s House,
Three weeks later

“I have a plan, but to do it I need your help.” Kala started, hesitating a little. She wasn’t sure if she could trust Miss Parker, not the opposite.

“If you want to find out what really happened to all the people you love, Catherine, Faith, Thomas- you have to dig. There is no way in Heaven, Hell, nor Earth that your “Father” is going to tell you, and I doubt you’ll get your answers from Rains. So, we have to dig deep into The Centre’s archives.”

“How is it you know so much about The Centre?” Miss Parker asked, as they sat around, discussing the plan.

“Some from research, some from Jarod. Speaking of Jarod, there is one catch to the plan.” Kala said.

“Witch is?”

“Under any circumstances, you cannot bring Jarod back to The Centre.” Kala emphasized.

“Why not?” Miss Parker questioned.

“Well, for starters, if you are switching teams, you have to get to know the players. You can’t betray them. Now, are you sure, you want to do this? If not, we drop everything, you go back to The Centre, I find Jarod and disappear, everything goes back to normal. If your sure you want to end this, the right way, there’s no turning back. ‘K?”

Miss Parker gulped. “I’m sure.” This was one of the hardest things she would ever have to do in her life. She was switching teams. No more trusting her father, no more Centre. No more nothing. Thank God!

“Now, a question for you. Do you know why The Centre wants Jarod back so badly? Is it because he’s a Pretender, or is it something else? Something deeper.”

“I haven’t got a clue as to why they want him back and frankly I don’t care.” Miss Parker replied.

“Well, you should care. Because I think it concerns you.” Kala stated.

“Me?”

“Why do you think they kept you at The Centre all these years? Why did they go to such lengths to keep you there? They killed your mother, because she was trying to take you away from there, they killed Thomas, because he tried to take you away from there. Why do they want Jarod back so badly? Think about it. Long and hard.” Kala’s voice was but a whisper when she finished. She knew why, but Miss Parker would have to figure it out for herself. It was just one of those things.

****

Telephone Conversation-Miss Parker’s Phone

“Hi, Jarod?”

“Kala! Hi!”

“How are you doing, Jarod?”

“I’m great! You?”

“I’m fine. Listen, there’s someone here who would like to speak with you. Don’t freak.”

“Jarod?”

“Miss Parker!? What the-?!”

“Don’t worry Jarod, I’m not gonna drag you back by your ears. I’m not gonna drag you back at all.”

“What are you talking about?” He demanded.

“Jarod, I’m leaving The Centre.”

“Ha!” Jarod snorted.

“What’s so funny?”

“You! They will never let you leave, not as long as I’m out.”

“They won’t let her out whether your in or out, Jarod!” Kala grabbed the phone back and hissed into the receiver.

“Do me a favor. Meet me tomorrow. I’ll call you later with the details. No Parker, no sweepers. You and me. We need to talk.”

“About what? Kala? Kala! Damn!” Jarod disconnected his phone after being hung up on, and thought about what she had just said. Was Parker really planning to leave The Centre, or was this some big plan of Rains’s to get him back?

****

Crystal Park, Blue Cove, Delaware

“Just like I told you, Jarod. No Parker. No sweepers. See?” Kala moved her hand about the crowd, indicating he should look around. No sweepers in sight.

“So, what was it you needed to tell me, Kala?” He asked, siting down on a nearby bench.

“Miss Parker’s telling you the truth. She does still work there, but false leads and things like that are what she’ll be following. She’s not Miss. Drag You Back By Your Ears Parker anymore. She’s changed, Jarod, really. Thomas’s death really took a toll on her.”

“So, she’s on our side now.” he said slowly.

“Yes. We can trust her. I hope, if not my buts on the line.” Kala snorted, then smiled up at him.

“Now, besides that, there’s something else I want to tell-show you.” She said, then pulled a folder out of her bag.

“Your not gonna like it, but, you need to know. Better you then Parker. She’ll go kill somebody. Probably Rains or her Father.”

“Miss Parker would never kill her ‘father’ no matter how deceptive he is.” Jarod quipped.

“This time, she might.” Kala said sadly.

“That bad?” Jarod smiled.

“Yeah.” she whispered sadly, and handed Jarod the folder.

His eyes widened in disbelief at what he was reading. He knew Mr. Parker was secretive and deceptive, but this was the worst. He had known The Centre to do some unspeakable things, but this was........the worst thing imaginable. How wrong.

“Told ya.” Kala whispered.

“And..it gets worse.” Kala told him.

“How could it possibly get any worse then this!” Jarod’s voice filled with anger.

“They’ve done it once already, but the child escaped.”

“Who, where is she?” Jarod’s eyes filled with some hope but mostly anger.

“Me.” Kala whispered.

“Your-my-our-WHAT!!” Everyone in the park looked over at him.

“Jarod!” Kala hissed. “The whole world doesn’t have to know!”

“Sorry.” he mumbled. “You’re my......?” Jarod asked, completely stunned.

“Yes. I am. And......Miss Parker’s.” Jarod nearly toppled over the bench.

“WHAT!!” He yelled. Everyone looked over again.

“What the hell are you looking at!? None of your beeswax! Scram!” Kala yelled, and everyone turned back to what they were doing.

“Your...” Jarod took a deep breath before continuing. “My, and Miss P-P-Parker’s-? But, how?”

“Simple. But, I think you know how.”

“Does Parker know?” Jarod asked worriedly. Even though he had a hundred questions zooming around in that genius head of his, that was the first question he asked.

“NO WAY! She’ll have a cow when she finds out! Best to wait, until you digest the information so that you call help me calm her down-and make sure she doesn’t go kill somebody” Kala said.

“A cow?” Jarod asked confused. “How could she have a cow?”

“Jarod!” Kala laughed. “Not a real cow! It’s an expression! It means she’ll go bonkers! You know, get really pissed off. Ticked? You know, angry!?!” Kala laughed even harder at all the things Jarod didn’t know, for being a pretender.

“Ohhhhh.” Jarod said, realization hitting him. “Ohhhh!” then he started laughing, now understanding the expression.

“So what now?” He asked when he regained composure.

“Well, we’re gonna have to tell Parker. Actually,” She said, changing her mind. “let’s set it up. Meet us for dinner tonight, my place. She can’t keep you out of there, and my apartment’s small, so she can’t hide from you.”

“Why would she hide from me?”

“Because, she’s scared.”

“Of me?”

“No. Of the truth you hold.”

****

Kala’s apartment, Blue Cove DE

“So, what is this meeting all about?” Parker asked, sitting down at the table in the ‘dinning room’.

“There’s a guest that will be joining us after dinner, we have some things to talk about.” Kala replied seriously.

“What kind of things?”

“Personal things.”

****

“That was great, Kala! When did you learn to cook?”

“Jarod gave me a couple of tips when he was in town. He’s back you know.” Kala responded simply.

“Jarod’s here. In town?” Miss Parker exclaimed.

“Yes, and he should be here, right, about......now.” She said as there was a loud knock at the door.

“Come in, Jarod!” Kala called.

“So that’s why you didn’t let me bring my gun, isn’t it, Miss Kala?” Miss Parker stated.

“Yep! Don’t want you shooting him and dragging him back-”

“By his ears!”

“By his ears!” Parker finished,

“By my ears!” Along with Jarod. All three cried in unison.

“That’s exactly why.” Kala chirped. “Now, lets get down to business. Parker.” Kala said glaring at her then pointing with her finger toward the couch. “Sit.”

“Oh, great. Whenever anyone tells me to ‘sit’ they have bad news.” Parker grumbled, sitting on the couch, while Kala sat in the middle and Jarod sat on the other side of Kala, not wanting to get to close to Parker.

Kala sighed. “It’ll be to hard to say, and hard to digest, but it’s the truth. Jarod, I’d let you go, but we might need to hold her down.” she grinned at him, knowing Miss Parker would explode.

“Hold me-What!!” she looked at Kala and glared at Jarod. She knew he wouldn’t hurt her, but it was hard to sit next to the man you’ve been hunting for over a three years and not slap him upside the head, so-to-speak.

“So, there was something you wanted to tell me?” Parker questioned.

“As you know, Rains is the master of twisted experiments. Some things worse then others, for instance, the clone-probably the worse, until now.”

“I didn’t think Rains could sink any lower then that.” Parker stated.

“Remember I asked you earlier, to give some thought as to why The Centre wants Jarod back so badly? Did you give any thought to that?” Parker nodded her head. “And?”

“Nothing. I don’t see it.” Parker admitted, witch was hard to do in front of Jarod.

“You’re a Pretender, right? Your in the Red Files, along with him,” she pointed to Jarod. “Angelo, Kyle, possibly Lyle and God know who else. Correct?” Another nod. “Jarod’s the most valuable Pretender. He has the gift to become anyone he wants to be. You, have the gift of the inner sense, voices that speak to you, guide you. And...you’re the only....female Pretender. Do you know what would happed if those gifts were to be combined? Do you know what could happen? The Centre could, create the-”

“The Perfect Pretender.” Parker whispered. The room was silent for a few minutes, Kala letting Miss Parker think about the information she just received. After a while, Kala spoke again.

“It was their plan, to always have a pretender, even if one escaped. Cloning takes to long. But this way.......it’s faster, and more effective. The project has an 87% success rate.”

“You mean they’ve done this before? The Centre created a child using-with-Jarod-me?” she stuttered, looking from Jarod to Kala.

“Yes. To everything you just asked, unfortunately, yes.” Kala said sadly lowering her head. That part was ok, now for the hard part. The question she knew Miss Parker would ask, the question she dreaded.

“If they’ve done this before, then, where’s the child?” There it was.

“The child, girl, escaped, left The Centre, changed her name, identity, everything, and vanished.”

“Do you know who she is? Where I can find her?” Miss Parker asked, fearful of the answer.

“Yes, again. To both questions.”

“You do?” Miss Parker asked hopefully. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she had to meet this person. After all, it was her and.....Jarod’s daughter.

“She lives here, in Delaware. Blue Cove.”

“Oh, my God. Are you sure? Where can I-we, find her?” she corrected herself after looking at Jarod.

“You won’t need to search for her Miss Parker.” Kala whispered.

“Why not? Blue Cove’s a big place.”

“Because, she already found you first.” Kala’s head was down, and she slowly lifted it, to meet Miss Parker’s confused gaze.

“What?” Miss Parker whispered.

“Yeah. I think you know who.”

“You?” She still was whispering.

“Yeah.” She sighed and looked back down at her hands. “I escaped The Centre 3 years ago and was hired at Billy and Bob’s Song and Dance Club. Sing there every Thursday and sometimes on Tuesday. Money comes in tips and believe me, there’s plenty of it. Also from Centre funds.”

“Why didn’t you tell me before? You’ve had three weeks to explain it to me? Why hadn’t you done so until now?” Parker asked, trying not to sound annoyed.

“I wanted to wait for Jarod, so that we could stop your from killing somebody, and because.....” her voice trailed off. “And because I wanted to make sure you wouldn’t reject me first.” she said quietly. Jarod decided it was time for him to go, and he quickly, silently departed.

“Why would I reject you?” Parker asked, confused by what this girl meant.

“Well you’ve rejected practically everyone else who tries to help you! How would I know I’d be any different?!” Kala argued. She had a point. Miss Parker hardly ever let anyone into her heart as quickly as she did Kala.

Miss Parker didn’t know what to say. The girl was right: she rejected almost everyone who tried to help.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Miss Parker finally shot back.

“It means, that you don’t let anyone help you. Sydney’s tried to help. Broots has tried to help. Thomas helped, but that was cut short by those Centrare pardante!” she hissed.

“WHAT?!” Miss Parker asked, not knowing what the hell the girl-her daughter, had just muttered.

“Get an Italian dictionary!” Kala barked, then took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she responded more calmly, “Centrare means center in Italian, and pardante means losers.” she snickered at the insult. “All I’m saying is, that you don’t open up to people easily and where you ‘work’ that might be a good thing, but some people you can trust. Such as Sydney, Broots, Angelo and Jarod. You can also trust me.”

Miss Parker thought about what she had said. She was closed hearted and did not trust anybody. Why had she trusted Kala on sight? Maybe because she reminded her of her mother, or of herself?

“You trusted me because your inner scene told you to. Your mother’s voice, whispering in your ear. I hear it to, only it’s not Catherine’s voice, it’s yours. And Jarod’s.” she added. Miss Parker looked at her in complete shock.

“How did you know what I was thinking?” she asked, stunned.

“I’m a Pretender, remember?”

“Yes, but neither Jarod, nor I can do that.” she said wearily, as though all this information where making her sleepy.

“No, but I have abilities all my own, not just yours.” she concluded. They where both silent for a moment. Then Parker asked, “What will you do now?”

“Now, I’m going to stay here, work out the plan. Jarod will probably stay with me, until the plan is in motion, and then we’ll disappear.” Parker looked at her sadly, so she added, “All of us.” Miss Parker looked up and Kala smiled at her. Miss Parker took a deep breath as she looked around the apartment.

“You know Kala, this place isn’t really big enough for two people to live in.” she began. “If you want to, you could stay at my place and let Jarod stay here.” She suggested, unsure of what her answer would be. Kala sat there, solemnly. Then broke into little fits of laughter when she saw Miss Parker’s disappointed face. Between giggles, she managed to spit out, “I-would-(snort, deep breath) love to-Mom.” she added the one syllable word on to the end of the phrase that would change both their lives forever. Parker’s eyes sparkled with tears that she would not allow to fall.

“Now remember what I told you about tears.” Kala scolded. “It’s ok to cry.”

Both women where so happy, that neither of them noticed the black shadow slip silently away from the window. But Jarod did, and he noted the black leather glove on the hand that was missing a thumb.

****


Feedback: Loved it? Liked it? Hated it so much, you plan to steal Miss Parker’s 9mm and shoot me with it? (Please don’t to that literally!) Let me know!!