Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

This is a sequel to Before Capturedsof uncut passwort

Captured
By: 24


Jarod went down the street looking at each window that he had passed. After going into one of the stores he quickly went out and made his way towards the alley. He looked behind him and saw a man in a dark suit following him. His eyes widened and turned to run, but then he felt something sting in his shoulder. His hand reached where the sting was and took out the dart that was in him. He looked at it and crumpled to the ground, but before that he quickly said No before he blacked out.

The man who had shot him with the dart got out his cell phone and made a call.

“Sir he’s ready to transfer.”

“Good. I’ll send the car to where you’re at.”

“Okay.”

The man took the dart out of Jarod’s hand and put it into his pocket. The limo pulled up behind him and another man got out of the car and helped him pick up Jarod and put him into the car.

“Do you think he knew who it was?”

“I don’t know. He saw me and turned to run, but then I darted him. He said no before he crumpled to the ground. He probably thought that it was the Centre going to capture him. He couldn’t be more wrong.”

“Let’s just get him to the compound. I wonder what they’re going to do with him?”

“I don’t know. Maybe they will sell him back to the Centre or they will want him so they can have their own pretender.”

“I can’t believe that there are people out there that are geniuses that can be anyone they want to be.”

“You saw what he did, the pretends that he’s done and other things.”

“And we have the Halliburton and the disks to see what he’d done inside the Centre.”

“Yes luckily we went to his lair first and got his things and then found him walking down the street.”

“Yes.”

****
Hours later

They drove up to the compound and dragged the drugged pretender into his cell that he would occupy when he was with them then they quickly exited. Going to the office they knocked and a voice told them to enter.

“We’ve got him. He’s now in his cell.”

“Good. Now we have our very own pretender.”

“Sir, do you think that we get him to work for us?”

“I don’t know. I hope so. That is if we use him like that. I still don’t know what we are going to do with him.” He quickly got out of his chair and walked towards the cell that housed the pretender and unlocked the door.

“He definitely looks like his picture.”

“We also have the Halliburton case.”

“Good. Go get it and I’ll watch it to see what he’s been doing inside the Centre.”

The Halliburton case was put on his desk and the man left while the General opened the case. He watched as the young Jarod raced down the hall and was picked up by a sweeper. He was around four years old and it was the time that he was pretending to be the Captain of the ship and Sydney told him to use his safe word, which was Refuge. The next one was when Jarod was first brought to the Centre and the next was when Jarod was experimented on when Sydney was gone and Lyle and Raines used him as a guinea pig. Then there was the one that they shot and killed Kenny. There were more and he watched all of them. After he switched the Halliburton off he looked out the window and wondered what they were going to do with him. He ran away from the Centre because of what they had done with his Sims. He probably won’t work for them, so just what was he going to do.

There was a knock on the door and a scientist entered the room.

“What is it?”

“Sir, we have a new drug called 42. When a person has it in their system the person will do anything that you tell them to do.”

“Really. Interesting. We have just acquired someone who can help with things around here and they probably won’t want to help, but when we give him this drug then he will.”

“Sir, we haven’t used it on a human yet. It’s only been used on animals.”

“Well, we will use it on a human to see if it works. How long does it work?”

“It works for six hours”

“Good we’ll use it tomorrow.”

*****
Next Day.

Jarod woke up on the cot inside a cell. He got up and looked around and out the window of the cell wondering where he was. He sat back on his bed and looked at the ground. The door started to open and he got up to face whoever was coming into the room.

“Hello Jarod.”

“Who are you?”

“I am General Thompson.”

“Why am I here?”

“We found out that you had escaped the Centre and we knew that we had to have our very own pretender.”

“I’m not working for you.”

“Yes you are dear pretender.”

“I know what they do with my work and I won’t have anymore innocent blood on my hands.”

“You will work for us and that’s all.” He nodded to the men who were with him and they dragged Jarod out to a lab where they put him on a chair and strapped him in.

“This is a drug and it’s called 42. When it’s in your system you will do anything we say.”

“No.” He said as he struggled against the restraints, but they wouldn’t give.

He watched as the needle went into his arm and empty its contents into his veins. He blinked as he felt it coursed through his body and he didn’t like how it felt through him.

They unstrapped him and took him into another room and sat him down in a chair. On the table in front of him there was a folder and in the folder was some papers.

“Jarod I want you to go over the papers and come up with a solution.”

“Yes Sir.” Jarod grabbed the folder and read through the papers. He then wrote some things on the paper besides the folder with the pen that they had given him. When he was done he put the pen down and moved the paper towards the man who sat opposite of him.

“You’re done?”

“Yes Sir.”

“Is it right?”

“Yes Sir.”

“Good.” The General said as he poured through the information that Jarod had given him. He smiled as he greeted the pretender’s eyes “Very good Jarod. We will use this immediately.”

“I’m glad that I could help.”

“Take him back to his room and feed him.”


TBC