Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer is that I don't own them but just got challenged to write this story based on a picture we could only hope to see on the show. This takes place four months after the season opener.




Abode of Life
Part I
by Trisha








The room was dark and smoke-filled. Jarod watched her sitting there in the dark. She had the file and he could see even in the half-light that it had affected her. He watched her get up to leave. That was a good sign, he was afraid that when he found her, here, in the bar that she would be drinking. That would be a health risk on her part and he would have to intervene if she was. She made her way outside, but slumped against the red brick building trying to let the information that she just read, sink in. It had to be a mistake. Taking her cell phone out of her black leather jacket pocket, she stared at the number pad. Just stared. She wanted to call but she knew what the response would be. Putting the phone back in her pocket, she closed her eyes to fight the tears that were forming there. She knew he was standing there in front of her.

"Jarod," she whispered, handing him her gun, "Or I'll kill him, father or not." She watched him release the clip and return it to her empty.

"Parker," his face close to hers. She could feel his warm breath on her cheek, "You read the file?"

"It's a lie! Tell me, it's a lie," her voice cracked as her eyes lost the battle with her tears and they flowed down her cheeks.

"The dates are wrong, Parker. They were altered. You saw that in the file. There were two sets of tests. He showed you the ones with the altered dates," he moved closer to her, their bodies almost touching.

"He wouldn't do that to me," she whispered, softly.

"I'm sorry, Parker, but it's true."

Jarod reached his hand out and placed it gently on her abdomen. It rested there for a long time, the silence finally broken by Paker's sobs.

"She's mine, Parker. Not Thomas'. He decided to play god, this time. It was a cruel thing to do, but he did it."

"Why?" she said softly.

"The perfect pretender. Do you really think the Centre will let you keep her? They plan on taking her, by telling you, she died during delivery."

"BASTARDS!" she hissed," She's mine. Do you hear me? She's my daughter. And by god, I'm going to keep her."

"Do you want help?" he whispered cupping her face in his hands before placing a gently kiss on her forehead. She wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him close.

"Yes!"


Please let me know what you think! Ractrish@aol.com