Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
jarod002.jpg
Disclaimers:

"The Pretender" and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

"August 7, 4:15" song and lyrics do not belong to me they belong to Jon Bon Jovi, Bon Jovi and Island Records. It is being used without permission. Please don't sue because I have no money.

Dedicated to a childhood friend that was killed in by a drunk driver at age eight. I know the song is about a hit and run, but still this fic is dedicated to my childhood friend.




Gone
By: 24


Jarod turned the key into the lock, went in and sank into the chair that was beside the table of his latest lair. He had been doing a pretend and had immersed himself into the family in order for them to gain their trust and help them. He had fun playing with the two children and had grown attached to both of them. He turned on the radio hoping to find something to sooth his somber mood when a song by Bon Jovi came on.

It was another day
A perfect Texas Afternoon
A mother and two children play
The way they always do
As they raced home from the mailbox
A mother and her son
Against a little girl of 6 years old
The independent one

He thought back to the little ten-year-old girl who was killed instantly by a drunk driver. She was crossing the street behind her brother Jake when a car barreled down the street hitting ten year old Madeline and killing her instantly. Jarod sighed as he listened to the song again as tears ran down his face.

The deputies went door to door
Through all the neighborhood
They said I got some news to tell you folks
I'm afraid it ain't so good
Somehow something happened
Someone got away
Someone got the answers for what happened here today
Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, no, no, no

Tell me it was just a dream - August 7, 4:15
God closed his eyes and the world got mean
August 7, 4:15

Now the people from the papers and the local TV news
Tried to find the reason
Cop dogs sniffed around for clues
Someone shouted "Hit and Run"
The coroner cried "Foul"
Her blue dress was what she wore
The day they laid her body down
Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, no, no, no, no

Tell me it was just a dream - August 7, 4:15
God closed his eyes and the world got mean
August 7, 4:15

How could a bright young child be killed for no apparent reason that someone was driving drunk? She had her whole life ahead of her and now she would never live it. She had a loving family; she was a very loving child and gave selfishly. She would have done great things when she was older, but now she would never get that chance because someone took that away from her. Her brother was devastated and thought that it was his fault because he had a fight with her earlier that day. He knew it because he had just gotten home from the family's house. Jake's parents and Jarod had told him repeatedly that it wasn't his fault and it never would be. It was the drunk driver's fault not his. Jarod through that they might have gotten through to him, but he didn't know if it worked. He hoped it did. Jake and the whole family would have to go into counseling after this. He would be there to help them through their time of need as much as possible.

I know tonight that there's an angel
Up on Heavens highest hill
And on one there can hurt you baby
No one ever will
Somewhere someone's conscience is like a burning bed
The flames are all around you
How you gonna sleep again
Oh no, Oh no, Oh no, no, no, no, no

Tell me it was just a dream - August 7, 4:15
God closed his eyes and the world got mean
August 7, 4:15

He wiped away his tears after the song was done and then turned off the radio. He picked up his cell phone and decided to call Sydney.

The End





Chapter End Notes:
jarod017resized.jpg jarod17resized.jpg