Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't own nothing.

Sorry for the wait guys, hope you enjoy.

“You won’t be permitted to sleep until we are on the plane Jarod. The more out of it you are, the easier it is to get you up in the air, and the happier my boss will be."

"Plane?” He asked warily, wondering where they were going. “You said I could sleep after my demonstration.” He told her, trying not to sound like a petulant child but he was tired and sore and in no mood for any more games. The news of a plane trip was not encouraging. It meant that they could take him just about anywhere in the world, and if he was sleeping, he wouldn’t have a clue where he ended up.

“And you did Jarod.” She agreed, though he didn’t need to know it was only for half an hour. The point was that Jarod was allowed to sleep, just not as long as the pretender had hoped for.

He shook his head. “That was not sleep. What difference does it make if I sleep now or on the plane. I don’t appear to be going anywhere for the moment, one way or the other."

“Because once you are on the plane, there is no way for you to escape.” She sat next to him and sighed heavily. “It is protocol Jarod. You cannot have more than an hours rest before we transfer you."

He sighed heavily again and looked at her. He figured it was late afternoon and he was already exhausted. He had heard her say they were not expected until about midday tomorrow. That gave him an incredibly wide radius of possible destinations and really was of no use to him whatsoever.

“With any luck Jarod, they will be here tonight. Then you can sleep sooner." Grace wanted the team to arrive ASAP, eager to get back home.

“Yay,” He said sourly.

“Do not be rude Jarod.” She scolded him once again. It didn’t seem like he would ever learn his manners, but she would keep trying until he did.

“I am sorry, I am tired and it is certain you are not catching me at my best."

“I am tired too. I have not slept in nearly 48 hours and I am not being rude." Gracie shot back at him.

“No, not at all,” He said, trying not to snap, or point out that torture and imprisonment, not to mention sexual assault would not be considered rude at all.

“I will leave you to it Jarod. There is someone watching you at all times. So if you fall to sleep, you won’t like how you are woken up." She all but threatened. She still wanted to use one of the other disks they had made up. She wanted to see Jarod’s reaction to the next one when he was woken having the sounds blasting into his tired mind. But she didn’t think Jarod was going to go back to sleep, despite how tired he was.

“Can I at least talk to Sydney please?” He asked her. "He will help keep me awake for you, and some coffee and sugar will help too."

“No you may not talk to him. And you have had lunch, you will have to wait till dinner." He would have to learn how to live on three meals a day again, not snacking in between.

“What difference could it make if I spoke with him?”

“A lot of difference." Gracie said getting up to move to the door. “Do not sleep Jarod.” She warned again and walked out, shutting and locking it, knowing it was electrified again.

Jarod stared at the door and then stood up, pacing around the small room, careful not to touch anything and ducking under the cuffs dangling from the ceiling. He tried to work the kinks out of his body with some gentle exercise, and it would help keep him alert.

It was three am in the morning when she got the call. The team was outside waiting for her. Yawning, Gracie got dressed in simple clothes and woke Wil and Jon up.

“Why is it that everything always has to happen at such unholy hours?" Wil grumbled as he attended to the security so that they could get in. Not that he was sorry to be going back, but he would miss this place too and the relative freedom that came with this assignment. No boss breathing down your neck, monitoring your every move.

“They like to annoy us Wil. While you are at it, please set up the timer to unlock this place for about 5 am. I’ll go let the team know we need this all packed and shipped back. And not to touch Sydney."

He nodded and put the shrink's cell on a time delay lock. When he woke, he would find the place abandoned and make his way back. No doubt he would start a search, but he wouldn’t get very far. Wil had left a worm in the Centre mainframe which would tell them of any activity that might put them in jeopardy.

She moved to the team as the entered after Wil unlocked the doors. "Good morning sir.” She said politely to the head in charge.

“Where is he?” He brushed past her. A pretender was a great achievement, a wonderful asset.

“Follow me please sir.” She said, dressed quickly in jeans and a jumper after the call. She followed them into the back of the warehouse to Jarod's cell and contemplated stopping the man from going to open and watched with a smug look in her eyes as he flew backwards from the shock. Ignoring him, she typed in the code and scanned her hand before she even dared to touch the handle on the electrified door. Knowing it was safe now after she had unlocked it, she moved in to see Jarod on the floor, trying to stay awake. "Jarod,” She looked at him. “It is time to go home now. The team is here a little earlier then I expected."

Steve flew backwards with a loud grunt, cradling his arm and glaring up at the girl, wanting to kill the bitch. But he knew it wouldn’t be worth his life if he did. He picked himself up and tried to regain some dignity and composure.

Jarod looked up at her from his position in the far corner of the cell, his legs hugged tightly to his chest. He had been running every piece of information about her and these people, trying to find some way to manipulate her, or to find a way out. He had given up on getting out of the cell, and now she had new goons with her, he thought there would be little chance there either. He climbed to his feet and moved away from the wall.

She watched as one of the team cuffed Jarod's hands behind his back, slipped a hood on. “Not long now and you can sleep Jarod.” She took his arm and led him out, smiling sweetly to Steve.

Steve gave her a dark look and then got back to supervising his team. It had been made crystal clear to him that they would not tolerate any mess ups on delivering this package, whole and in working order.

Jarod didn’t bother struggling, concentrating on fighting the panic as the hood went on. He felt strong hands gripping his arms as he was pulled blindly forward. He thought about Sydney and only hoped that she would keep her word.

“I will take him. I need three men to come with me to make sure nothing goes wrong. I need someone to pack and ship everything in this place back home. And do not touch the doctor in the other cell. He is to be left alone. Do not open the door, do not try to get to him. Am I clear?"

“Yes Miss Grace,” Steve said reluctantly, and split his team up to do what she wanted.

Jarod relaxed a little as he heard her instructions about Sydney and prayed that the goons were well trained.

She nodded her head at Steve before leading Jarod and her three men to her car. She knew the plane would only take her, Wil and Jon. The pretender as well. The rest would catch a commercial flight home after everything here was finished. Gracie knew it would only take an hour before the rest of the team was out and it left an hour left before Sydney would be released. Watching as Jarod was pushed into the car, she got into the passengers seat and sighed as they drove off to the private airstrip. Not long and she would be home.

Jarod guessed they were going to an airstrip and he knew there was no chance of escape once on the plane. He almost wished they had sedated him, it would be easier than continually fighting the urge to try and make an escape.

They pulled up not ten minutes later and she climbed out, watching as Jarod was hauled out and shoved up the stairs and into the plane. She knew how scared he was, how hard he was trying to fight the panic. But Grace knew it didn’t matter in the end, he was going home with her and that was that.

Jarod stumbled up the stairs, his bare feet cold on the tarmac and stubbing his toe a number of times. Why did they always have to use a bloody hood? It wasn’t as if seeing was going to help him any at the moment.

When he was seated and firmly strapped in, the men stood guard as they waited for Wil and Jon to arrive. “Not long now Jarod and you can sleep." She tried to offer him something, no matter how small.

Jarod shifted in the seat, pleased to note it was at least comfortable, except for his hands pressing into his back. He would see if they could cuff him in front, or perhaps to the arm of the chair so he could rest a little more easily. It wasn’t like there was anywhere for him to go once they were in the air. And with the three of them, plus whatever crew there was, he didn’t think it was likely that he would be able to overcome them to gain control of the plane. Both Wil and Jon were vigilant, and very professional, not having let their guard slip for even a moment.

It was only a few minutes before the boys arrived. Gracie was giddy with the thought of going home. "Ok, you guys can leave.” She told the men that were standing guard as Wil and Jon sat down. “We are going home!" Grace exclaimed in excitement.

Jon grinned as he buckled in, listening to the announcing to please stay seated while the plane took off.

Wil placed himself next to Jarod, just in case, smiling at Gracie and how excited she was.

She didn’t like flying much and sat back in the seat as the plane took off into the air, sighing when it was safe to remove the seat belt, though she didn’t. You never knew what could happen, and to be on the safe side, she would keep her seat belt on basically the whole time.

Jarod closed his eyes as he felt the thrust of the take off and sighed heavily. He tired to get as comfortable as he could and prayed that it would only be a short flight.

Gracie stayed silent for a long time, looking out the window, watching the early morning fly by. Though she smiled when she glanced at her watch. 5 to 5.

Jarod had finally drifted off to sleep, although it was fitful, full of strange dreams and he moaned softly as he moved underneath the restraints, trying to escape from demons he couldn’t quite make out.

“Wil, set up the surveillance quickly please. I want Jarod to see Sydney leaving.” She asked him before shaking Jarod, “Wake up." She had taken the hood off of Jarod not long ago, and saw him sleeping. She wasn’t going to let Jarod miss this.

Jarod came to slowly, blinking his eyes in the unexpected light, his head swivelling around to see her.

“I have something you might want to watch.” She said to him as Wil set it up and turned the monitor on. As it flickered to life, you saw Sydney sleeping in his cell before a noise sounded, and the sound of the door unlocking itself.

Jarod watched as Sydney awoke, clearly startled by the noise. He looked at the open door suspiciously and then moved through it when he was certain it was no trick. He searched the abandoned house and warehouse until he seem satisfied that they were really gone. He then made his way outside.

Jarod watched intently and when Sydney passed out of the scope of the cameras, he finally looked at Grace. “Thank you for keeping your word."

She nodded, "My pleasure Jarod. I told you I wasn’t going to let him be harmed and once we were in the air, he was free to go." And that was exactly what she had done. Not one person had laid a hand on the innocent man, and now they were safely in the air, he had been freed.

He nodded and looked out the window to see the dawn light and yawned, trying to stretch, only to be brought up short by the belts and cuffs.

She looked at the two men back to Jarod before undoing his belt, "Lean forward and I will remove the cuffs."

Jarod sighed as the pressure was released from his thighs and chest and did as she asked, giving her access to his wrists.

Wil was not sure about letting him roam free, but didn’t contradict her either. There was not much he could do in mid-flight.

She unlocked them from one wrist and snapped the free cuff onto the chair. “You try anything Jarod, try to get out of that cuff, and I will simply kill Sydney. The rules have changed slightly, too much is riding on your behaviour. Too many lives. And don’t think if you play up now I won’t kill him. I know where he lives, where he works, his hobbies, everything. And I will terminate him if you force me to." She warned, not liking the idea she might still have to kill Sydney.

Jarod nodded and stretched his body as much as he could. “Any chance of the bathroom?” He hadn’t been since breakfast and it was becoming urgent. He also wanted to see if he could lie down. He was beyond tired, and since there was nothing he could do here anyway, rest would be the most prudent course of action.

“I'll take him." Jon offered standing up and unlocking the cuff from the chair and snapping it around his wrist without thought, “This way.” He hauled Jarod to his feet and shoved him forward towards the bathroom.

Jarod hated that, he was not four years old and could manage to go potty all by himself, but he offered no complaint or argument, just glad they had not refused. As long as he kept his manners civil, she seemed to be as accommodating as she could.

Jon stood guard by the open door as he let Jarod use the toilet, “You will behave for her. Do not make me hurt you in front of her."

“I won’t do anything,” He said tiredly.

"Good boy.” He praised him and waited as he flushed the toilet and washed his hands. "Get back out to her.” He ordered, marching him back to his seat and re-cuffed him to the arm of the chair.

Jarod sat down without saying anything and then turned his attention to the window and the new day that was dawning, although they were heading east and he frowned. "East?” He finally asked.

“Yeah, tends to be opposite of west." Grace said casually, looking at him. She knew that little bit of information would confuse the tired man.

That could mean Europe, Asia or Australia. He was narrowing his options down, but he guessed it didn’t really matter where he ended up, one place was as much like any other to him at this point in time. “Any chance I can lay down?"

Grace reached down to the side of Jarod's seat and pressed a button, letting the chair decline to a full laying position. “Better?” She asked, doing hers as well.

“Thank you," Jarod said quietly, although she had not taken the cuff off. He got as comfortable as he could, closed his eyes and waited for sleep to come.

Gracie threw a blanket over to him before covering herself and getting a pillow to use. “I’m going to sleep. I’m so tried.” She told Wil and Jon, not waiting for an answer and closing her eyes.

Wil watched as she snuggled down and hoped they both slept for a while. It was a long flight and the longer they were asleep, the happier he would be.