Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Timmy Pt 3

A doctor. Timmy was so happy. Doctors made you feel better when you got sick. Doctors helped people. Maybe the doctor could help Timmy get back home. Mommy said that teachers and doctors were good people and if you ever got into trouble you could always go to a teacher or a doctor and they would help. But Timmy got a funny feeling from this doctor every time he touched him. Timmy also knew that sometimes they made you take some medicine that was yucky. And the doctor at the school stuck something in his finger that made it bleed and it hurt. Timmy didn’t think that this was a nice doctor.

“I want you to lay down Timmy, I am going to do some tests to make sure you are alright. Now be a good boy and lie down.”

Timmy did as he was told, but when the doctor touched him again, he flinched. He was getting scary feelings from the doctor every time he touched him.

“Dr Raines, when can I go home?” Timmy asked in a small voice.

“All in good time Timmy, all in good time. Now do as you are told.”

The Dr pushed him down onto the bed and stuck sticky white things with wires coming out of them all over his head. They made him take his pyjama top off and they stuck them on his chest and tummy too. They tickled and Timmy wanted to take them off. But when he grabbed one, the big man at the door took a step towards him and shook his head. Timmy’s hand froze and dropped back down to his side.

Timmy didn’t want to be here anymore, he wanted to go home. His mommy and Benny would be worried about him. But Timmy did as he was told. The man in the car said that he would go home soon if he behaved himself, and Timmy knew how to be a good boy, so he should be going home soon.

The doctor was standing in the corner talking to another man, and he was smoking a cigarette the whole time. Timmy wished he would stop because the whole room was filling up with smoke and it smelled yucky.

As he waited on the bed, the white things started tingling and some machines started making noises. The doctor kept looking from the machines over to Timmy. He seemed very excited and kept looking at bits of paper that where coming from the machine. Every time Timmy tried to move, the big man near the door shook his head.


Timmy tried really hard to stay still, but he had been lying here for the longest time and he was really really hungry. His tummy let out a really big rumble. The doctor looked up sharply when he heard Timmy’s tummy and walked over.

“Are you hungry Timmy?” Dr Raines looked down at Timmy and stroked his forehead.

Timmy tried to shrink back from the doctor’s touch. He didn’t like the way his hands felt, cold and wet. Timmy started to cry again.

“You will answer me when I ask a question. And you will stop that crying right now.” He instructed and Timmy could tell that he was upset with him.

“Y…yes …” he answered.

“Yes what?”

“Yes, I'm hungry.” He tried to curl himself into a tiny little ball. This was not a good doctor. This was a mean doctor. This doctor was not going to help him at all.

“From now on, you will call me sir!” The doctor leaned forward and grabbed Timmy by the arm and pulled him towards him.

“Yes sir.” Timmy answered in a tiny voice. His eyes grew wide as the doctor pulled a needle out of his pocket and stuck it in his arm.

Timmy felt his eyes go funny and he couldn’t keep them open any more. He fell back onto the bed when the doctor let his arm go and he fell asleep.





******************




Raines was pleased with the initial readings from the EEG. This subject seemed to have more natural ability than any of the others that had been previously tested. With the right training and the proper stimulus, this new Red File could be the pride of the Pretender Programme, perhaps even better than Jarod.

Raines would dearly love to show up Sydney. Jarod should have been given to Raines. They were clearly wasting his potential, Sydney was constantly coddling him, preventing him from participating in some of the more extreme simulations. But that would not be important if this new project lived up to expectations.

Raines looked over at the sleeping child, who was obviously in the middle of a dream. The instruments were off the charts now that the kid was dreaming. He was eager to get back to Delaware and get his new project underway. But first he had other matters to attend to. Raines had learnt a long time ago not to store all his eggs in the one basket.

“Mr Fenigore, see that he is taken to The Centre and install him in SL-27.”

Raines looked up at his sharp look.

“Do you have a problem with that Mr Fenigore?” Without waiting for Fenigore to respond he continued. “I don’t want anyone to know about him just yet. You and Mr Parker are the only ones. And no contact with any other subjects either. I want complete isolation.

“Yes sir.”

Raines smiled at the man’s obedience. He knew that Fenigore did not like him, but he was one of The Centre’s best expeditors, and Raines rather enjoyed forcing the man to work with him. He had briefly considered using Jacob in this matter, but of late, Jacob seemed very distracted and Raines was becoming concerned about his loyalties. As much as he hated Sydney, he knew at least that Sydney was completely committed to the Pretender Programme.




******************



When Timmy awoke he was in the back of the car again. There was a man sitting next to him, and the same two big men sitting in the front. It was dark outside and Timmy was really scared.

He tugged on the man’s sleeve and waited for the man to look at him. When he didn’t, he tugged again.

“Mister?” Timmy could not wait any longer. His need to know if he was going home was stronger than his fear of the bad men

Fenigore turned to look at Timmy.

“You must be quiet.”

Timmy lowered his voice to a loud whisper.

“Mister? Are we going home now?”

Timmy held his breath as the man looked down at him and smiled.

“Yes Timmy. I am taking you home.”

Timmy’s eyes filled with tears as he threw himself into the man for a hug. The man pushed him gently back on the seat.

“We will be home soon, but you must sit still and be quiet.”

Timmy was so happy that it was hard for him to sit still. He was going home. He was going to see mommy and Benny. He could hardly wait. It was going to be even better than his birthday. Now that it was night time again, he knew that it was only five more sleeps until his birthday. Thinking about his birthday made him think about his mommy’s spaghetti. His tummy growled at that thought and he hoped he would be home soon. He had never been this hungry in his entire life.

He looked out the window, trying to see something familiar in the dark. Thought about asking the man how much longer it would be, but then decided he better not. The man had told him he must be quiet. And that was okay because he was going to be home soon.

After a very long time the man finally said.

“Timmy we are home now. Come along.”

The car had stopped and Timmy blinked, trying to peer through the darkness. This didn’t look like home. He could see a really big building that went on forever and ever.