Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

a/n. All my thanks to Onisius whom has been no end of help, and thanks to all the reviews, I was not sure how this was going to be received and had not planned to continue with it, but it seems like I have now committed myself….and Kylie, I wish I could promise you a happy ending…..

Timmy Pt 2

Timmy sighed with relief when the hand let go of his arm. His arm was really sore now and he reached up to rub it. And he wanted to go home very badly. They had been in the car forever and Timmy had finally curled up on the seat and fallen asleep.

When Timmy awoke, he was hoping that he had only been dreaming. He was going to tell mommy all about it. But when he opened his eyes, he couldn’t see anything and he could hear the two men talking in front of him. He reached out to feel next to him and the man wasn’t there. His hand went up to the thin cord at his neck and his little fingers struggled with the knot. But it was no use, he could not undo it. He started to cry again and he really needed to go make a pee pee.

“Hey, the kid’s awake.” The man turned around.

“What's his name? And tell him to stop his snivelling, it’s going to drive me crazy if I have to listen to that for another three hours.”

The man reached over the back seat and grabbed Timmy roughly.

“What's your name kid?” The voice was gruff.

Timmy whimpered and froze in fear. His mommy always told him he must never talk to strangers and never ever tell them his name.

“Are you listening to me? I said what’s your name?” The man’s voice rose in anger.

Timmy was dragged forward as the grip tightened. He let out a small cry.

“Timmy. Please don’t hurt me. When can I go home?”

“Listen here Timmy. And listen good. You do as you are told and you can go home real soon. Now stop your crying.” He hated this detail. Stuck in a car with a whining kid, driving cross-country for hours.

Timmy squirmed under his grasp.

“Please Mister. I'm sorry, I really am and I promise I’ll be good, I promise. But Mister, I really need to go and make pee pee.”

“Ohh for Christ sake! Pull over Ron. I don’t want the car stinking up.”

Timmy fell forward as the grip was gone from his arm and the car came to an abrupt halt. He smacked into the back of the drivers seat with a dull thud.

The man picked him up and set him down on the ground.

“Ok kid. I am going to take this hood off, let you take care of business by yourself. But if you are not back here in two minutes, I am coming to get you, and you don’t want that. Understand?’

Timmy nodded meekly and stood stock still as he felt the man’s hands at his neck. When the hood was finally lifted off his head, he squinted in the light. He looked up at the man’s face and nodded again.

Timmy looked around for a bathroom and couldn’t find one. How was he going to go to the bathroom out here? There was only bushes by the side of the road.

“What are you waiting for?” the man pushed him forward.

Timmy stumbled and almost fell. He turned around to look at the man who had lit a cigarette. This was a mean man. He made a gesture with his hand to go. Timmy looked around again. He wished his mommy was here. She would know what to do. But he really needed to go and couldn’t wait any more, so he walked behind one of the bushes. He thought about trying to run away, but he was lost and didn’t know where he would go. And he didn’t want to make the man any more upset.

When he walked back, the man was leaning against the car, finishing his cigarette, the black hood hanging from his free hand.

Timmy looked at the hood with fear, he didn’t want the man to put it back on him. He didn’t like it at all.

“Come here kid. C’mon, I'm not going to bite you.” He stubbed out his cigarette. He was growing impatient. “I said come here.”

Timmy started to walk towards him. He looked down the road, but there were no cars coming and he knew that he had better do as he was told.

“Do I have to put this back on you or a you going to behave yourself? No noise.”

Timmy nodded mutely.

The man hunkered down and handed Timmy the hood.

“For Christ sake, wipe your nose.”

Timmy took the hood and used it to blow his nose. He handed it back to the man when he was finished, but the man just looked at it.

“Get back in the car.”

Timmy, still clutching the hood, climbed back in the car.

The man slammed the door and got back into the front seat. “Ok Ron, lets go. I tell you, I will be glad when this ones finished.” He looked back towards Timmy and put his fingers to his lips.

They drove and drove and Timmy was thinking about Benny. It was morning now, and when Benny woke up he would be scared that he wasn’t there. Benny was scared all the time, especially since daddy had left and mommy had said that it was Timmy’s job to look out for Benny now. Benny was just a little kid and big brothers always looked out for their little kid brothers. Timmy liked looking out for Benny, it made him feel all grown-up and important. He also liked to help mommy too. He started to cry again. It was breakfast time, and it was Timmy’s job to get the cereal from the cupboard and the milk and orange juice from the fridge.

Timmy looked out the window at the other cars going by. He was hungry and he wished that they would stop soon for some breakfast. He knew that breakfast was the most important food of the day. But Timmy liked dinner the best because sometimes his mommy let him have ice-cream for dessert. And he was going to be late for pre-school as well. It was the day for his piano lesson today and if he didn’t get home he would miss that too. But they just kept driving and driving, so Timmy laid back down and he fell asleep.

He woke up abruptly as the man reached in and hauled him out of the car.

“Rise and shine kid. We’re here.” The two men grabbed him and pulled him towards the big glass house.

Timmy looked around, he could see some words but he didn’t know his alphabets good enough to know what the words said. But he saw a big statue of a lady with wings. An angel lady. The men pulled him roughly towards a big house with lots of glass.

There were more men in the house. They all had the same clothes on. Timmy thought that was a little bit strange. At his new pre-school, there were two girls who looked exactly the same and they always wore the same clothes too.

They took him down some stairs and into a room. The man picked him up and put him on a bed. The bed was really high off the ground and there were some really bright lights. He looked around the room and there were no windows and the man was standing by the door. After a little while, another man came in the room.

“Hello Timmy. My name is Dr Raines. I am going to be looking after you for a while.”