Love Letters by Stefi
Summary: Sort of sequel of 'Boys and Girls' and 'Jarod in love'
Categories: Indefinite Timeline Characters: Broots, Jarod, Miss Parker, Original Character, Sydney
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 8299 Read: 9861 Published: 01/05/05 Updated: 01/05/05

1. 1 by Stefi

2. 2 by Stefi

3. 3 by Stefi

4. 4 by Stefi

1 by Stefi
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.


Love Letters - Part 1
By Stefi



Sydney and Broots went into Parker's office, to find her at her desk, a mountain of sheets in one hand and the other one typing on the computer's keyboard.

She looked up, annoyed. "Well? Do you intend to stay there 'til Doomsday?"

"A letter, Miss Parker... uh, from... ah, Jarod, yes... " Broots stammered as the woman grabbed the envelope. "... I think."

The tech looked at Syd with resigned eyes: it was too much to expect a kind word from Parker, even if it was only a thanks. The elder man smiled at him and turned his gaze on her.

"I was beginning to think that Wonderboy had forgotten us." Parker ripped the envelope open and began reading. Her right eyebrow raised up, then she frowned. Her eyes opened wide and her lips parted with amazement. The two men exchanged concerned looks: they never saw Parker speechless.

She stared at them with an incredulous look on her face.

"Miss Parker?" Syd was worried. "What's happened? What's in that letter?" She didn't answer and continued to read the message.

Broots, though his concern, tried to give a look, it doesn't happen everyday that anybody gets to see the Ice Queen reduced to silence. But Parker stood up abruptly and she kept on reading by the window.

It was incredible, absurd! She WASN'T reading this, was she?

It was only a joke, it HAD to be a joke! Her fingers covered her mouth, she was absolutely shocked. Parker breathed deeply, bending again the papers. What the hell had Wonderboy got into his mind this time?

Parker turned around to find her two co-workers with their worried eyes still on her. She took the envelope from her desk and gave it to Broots.

"Search everything you can about it." Broots looked at her, confused. "NOW!"

The poor geek rushed out the room to comply with his boss' wishes.

Sydney tried again to talk to her. "Miss Parker." The woman stared at him, but it was clear that she didn't see him. Her mind was away. "In God's name! What had Jarod written to you? Why are you so upset?"


Parker answered slowly, still not sure of what she had just read. "Your. Freak. Has. Definitively. Gone. Crazy." Parker then left the office, the letter in hand, as Sydney continued to stand there speechless.







Broots felt Parker's presence before he saw her. It was like the moments before an earthquake, everything stops and there's a dead silence. Then the pandemonium. So was Parker.

In a second, she was at his shoulders, shaking his nerve-system. "Anything?" She hissed in Broots' ear.

"Really, Miss Parker, you don't-"

"ANYTHING?"

The poor man sighed and gave her a note. "It seems... " Broots began as Parker read the address "I didn't have any trouble to locate him. It seems almost... "

Parker stared at him. "What?"

"Well, Jarod didn't use his usual ways to... well, I... "

"WHAT?"

"It seems as if Jarod wanted to be found."

She narrowed her eyes. "I'll satisfy him right now."

"Are you leaving alone?" asked the calm voice of Sydney, from behind her.

"Of course, Herr Doktor." She said as she made her way out.

"Parker! What happen? Please, tell me. You've never been so... beside yourself." Parker stopped for a moment, but then she went out, without giving an answer.

Syd sighed, passing his fingers through his hair. Broots seemed as puzzled as his old friend. "But what's wrong with her, this time?"

"If only I knew it!"







Parker was sitting in her seat as the plane was ready to leave. (Son of bitch!) She thought (I'll kill you! And this time's for real!) She still didn't believe it. But what did he expect? What's the purpose? Of all his tricks, this one was the most absurd! (I'll kill you, Jarod!)







Sydney's cell rang. "This is Sydney"

"How are you?"

"Jarod! I was really thinking about you!"

"Oh yeah?"

"What have you written to Miss Parker? She was shocked!"

"Ah!" Jarod felt a thrill of fear in his heart. "Is she coming?"

"Yes, she left more than an hour ago and she was very, very angry"

"Oh-oh! Is she armed?"

Syd stared at the cell. "Is she armed? What kind of question is this? But it's obvious!" The psychiatrist almost shouted. "She's always armed!"

"Sorry Syd, I have to leave, I have a pressing purchase to do."

"A purchase? Jarod, what are you talking about? What it has to do with Parker? What purchase?"

"A bullet-proof jacket"







Jarod came back at his place in the late evening. He didn't hope neither for a minute to manage avoiding Parker and her sweepers. But maybe lady-luck was at his side.

"Yeah." He muttered "If I were lucky, Parker would take the wrong plane and she would end up to Alaska." He never felt so nervous and scared. Yes, scared. Parker was unpredictable when the rage took her.

"God, if You really exists, protect me."

His home.

There were no black sedans, no sweepers, and no Parker. He felt almost disappointed.

"Don't worry. She's inside for sure." He said to himself.

Inside the building, everything seemed as usual. Usual noises, usual voices, music and TV on in the background. As usual.

Will, the janitor, smiled at him. "Hi, Jarod. Late, tonight?"

"Yes, I saw some friends. Has someone come looking for me, today?"

Will shook his head. "Waiting for someone?"

"No, not really." Jarod made his way to the stairs.

But before he walked away he asked once more. "You're sure that no one asked about me?" Will just stared at him.

"Jarod, I'm here exactly for this. No one asked about you. Are you waiting for some girl, maybe?"

Laughing, they said their goodnights.

Jarod sighed. He didn't know whether to feel relief or disappointment. Maybe she really did end up in Alaska.

The pretender opened his door and as he made a step inside the room, he felt a violent push on his back that made him crushed directly on his bed. Jarod heard the door slammed as he tried to stand up and run, but a 9mm in front of him made him change his mind.

Parker. Alone. Armed. Angry. Adorable. A- let's see, A as in... what else?

"Well?" The soft, dangerous voice of Parker cut out his thoughts.

"Oh... Yes... Parker, hi to you, too... " the poor Jarod swallowed as the gun came closer to his head. (Shit! She's really ANGRY!)

He jumped as she abruptly took something from her pocket. "What's this?" She asked showing him some papers. His letter.

"I see you received it." He was trying to take the conversation (Conversation? With Parker? An angry?) onto a level a little more quiet. But clearly, Parker had different intentions.

"What. Is. The. Meaning. Of. This. Letter." She hissed menacingly. Jarod tried again to speak but Parker cut him off again. "What's your game, this time? Or is it a pretend? Have you some girl's heart to win?"

"If you give me time to explain-"

"I DO NOT want to listen!"

"Then why are you here?"

Parker narrowed her eyes, her look was dangerous. "To kill you." She whispered softly.

Jarod began drawing back on the bed.

"C'mon, Parker, you're kidding, I only wrote you a letter. Why killing me? It isn't a great sin, c'mon Parker, let's talk about it." He tried to escape from her gaze and her gun, but no matter where he went he was still in plain view of both. "Why so angry? I did nothing bad. Do you react always this way to the love letters?"

Very bad idea!

"SONOFBITCH!" She punched him on his nose.

"Ouch!" Jarod covered his face with his hands, to find them covered of blood. "Thank you so much, Parker, I really needed that!"

Parker aimed her gun at him again. "Then Wonderboy, why did you write that load of bullshit?"

Jarod looked at her with hurt in his eyes. "It wasn't bullshit." He said.

"Okay. A new game, then? Explain it to me, please." She smiled with fake kindness. "I'm not sure I know the rules"

Slowly, Jarod sat on the bed "No game, Parker. It was only a letter." He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and began to clean his face from blood.

"No Wonderboy. Too easy. Nothing is easy with you. What's the purpose? You have always a purpose." She leant down so they were face to face. "Maybe to give me have an heart-attack? Or did you have a death wish?"

Jarod shrugged. There was nothing to do. (She'll never listen to me) He thought. "No purpose, Parker." He whispered "I mean... yes, there was a purpose... " He stared at his own feet "...to make you know... what I feel... " Deep breath "... for you... " (Now she shoot me) "... and to know... what do you... feel... for me... " His voice faded away as his head bent down so that his chin was sinking into his neck.

(That's right. This is the moment of the truth. Will she kill me, or will she listen to me?)

No bangs. No yells. Maybe she went away? He couldn't see a thing in the position he was in, except for his hair on his chest. Jarod dared to look up. Parker was still there, with a blank look on her face. Luckily, the gun was pointing down, because that look of her didn't say anything good.

She went closer to him (Oh God, what she'll do now?) Jarod watched her as she put her gun in the holster (Whew!) He watched closely as she retrieved the letter from her pocket and showed it to him, as if to say --you see it?-- And with slow, resolved gestures she ripped the sheets, one, two, three times. Then she threw the pieces in air.

"Don't try it again, Labrat." She hissed.

Jarod was staring in her face with a look hurt-filled, hopeless and... incredulous. Parker drew back to the door, opened it and walked out. Without a word, without a look back. She wanted only go away. Away from him, from his eyes. Away from what she saw in his eyes. Panic was getting hold of her. She drove back to the airport, running as if her life was depending on this.







Jarod stayed still, staring the closed door. "How can you to be so beautiful and so cruel?" He whispered to the empty room. He felt like crying. But men don't cry, right? Slowly, he stood up and, with care, he picked up the pieces of his letter and of his heart.

Jarod sat on the bed again and took out his cell.

"This is Sydney"

"It's me, Syd." Jarod whispered.

"Jarod! Are you okay? Have you seen Parker?"

"Yeah, I saw her. She was really angry!" He tried to chuckle but failed miserably.

Sydney felt his 'son' sighing deeply. "Jarod." He talked calmly "What's happened? It's all about that letter, isn't it? Tell me the truth. I want to help you. I want to help you both."

"It was nothing important, Syd." The pain in the younger man's voice was so strong it was tearing Sydney's heart out.

"Only... only an unsuccessful attempt." Click.



End part 1



Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it
2 by Stefi
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Love Letters - Part 2
By Stefi



Parker went at work as usual. Nobody would have been able to tell what she had on her mind. Her attitude was the same of everyday: cold, hard and threatening. She felt like shit, the last night wasn't as restful as she would have liked it and her mind and soul were in turmoil.

She couldn't stop thinking about Jarod. His eyes so full of pain and love and care. Parker still didn't believe it: he really meant everything he wrote in that letter! He loved her. Really. Parker understood it only when she ripped the letter and she saw him wincing as if he was in sudden, unbearable pain. As if ripping the pages, she had ripped his heart too.

Sydney's voice cut off her sad thoughts. "Miss Parker! Well? Have you seen Jarod?"

Parker turned her back on him. "No. He was gone. That's why Broots located him so easily."

Sydney was not persuaded. "And there was no sign of him?"

Parker turned abruptly. "What part of -NO- didn't you understand?" She snarled and walked away, leaving him standing there.

Sydney followed her with his gaze. Parker said she didn't see Jarod and Jarod said he saw her. "What have you two got to hide?" He asked to himself.







Jarod wasn't aware of time anymore. He had passed the night sitting on the bed, with the torn letter in his hands.

A light knock on the door shook him.

"Yeah, I'm coming." He answered with hoarse voice. Jarod didn't worry about checking neither through the peephole nor to get ready for running away. The Centre hadn't the kindness to knock on the door, but if even it were, he didn't care. Not any more. Jarod opened the door to find Tony and Sammy, with an huge paper bag from that was coming a very good smell.

"If Jarod doesn't go to breakfast, breakfast goes to Jarod." smiled Sammy.

Smiling, the pretender welcomed his young friends. Jarod realized suddenly his disastrous look, the beard on his face, his ruffled hair.

Tony asked shyly "You okay?" Stupid question. He wasn't okay, it was manifesting.

With a sad smile, Jarod shook his head "No Tony. I'm not okay at all." And he put on the little desk the pieces of paper. Sammy looked at them, then at Jarod. Jarod answered before she asked her question. "My... love letter."

"What? Didn't you send it?" Tony was confused.

"I sent it. She gave it back to me. In that way." Jarod said and pointed with his chin to the paper pieces.

"Oh, Jarod!" Sammy held his hand "I'm so sorry!"

Tony patted lightly on his friend's shoulder. "What did she say to you?"

Jarod winced. "She insulted me, she punched me, she pointed her gun at me, she yelled at me, she ripped the letter and then she went away."

Sammy frowned. "Why she was angry?"

Jarod opened wide his arms, as if to say -don't know-

Tony tried to comfort him "Well, my friend, at least you made an attempt."

"But it didn't work." The man sat on the bed, sighing deeply.

A depressed silence passed in the room while Sammy was trying to put together the letter. "Jarod." She began "What else did she say?"

"Why? Isn't it enough?"

The girl seemed puzzled. "The point is... I don't understand why she was so angry! It isn't a reaction... I mean.. if she feels nothing for you, then it's enough to say -thank you, I'm not interested-"

"We are talking about Parker, Sammy." said Jarod.

Sammy kept on talking "- and if she hates you... did she tell you she hates you?"

"No." He admitted. "She didn't but-"

"Then she should be happy to have a tool in her hands, to hurt you, understand?"

"And she hurt me!" Jarod protested.

"Then explain it to me! Why she was angry?" The two guys exchanged looks, then they looked at Sammy with attention. "Because... you struck an aching note"

Jarod closed his eyes, then opened them again. "You are telling me that SHE LOVES ME?" He was almost shouting, now. "SHE PUNCHED ME ON MY NOSE! LOOK HERE!" And he pointed to his swollen nose. "Don't tell me that a woman in love punches her beloved!"

Tony intervened "C'mon you two, calm down! The whole building can hear you!" Jarod sat again on the bed.

Sammy began once again "What I mean is that you have to try again."

Jarod stared at her. "No way!" And he rejected the idea with an hand gesture.

Tony was shocked. "Sammy, are you crazy? That Parker woman will kill him!"

The girl shook her head. "I don't think so."

"Listen, Sammy." Jarod began patiently "You don't know Parker. She doesn't give a second chance to anyone, except for that damn father of hers, and if she says -stay away- she means it!"

Sammy crossed her arms on her chest, stubbornly. "Okay, I don't know Parker. And I am only a teen. But I think I understand women a little better than you two!" The two males stayed silent. After all, it was true.

"Okay." Sighed Jarod "What are you trying to say?"

"That maybe... she's scared."

Jarod's face was a real show "Scared? Of me? Parker? But for God's sake!"

"She really doesn't seem a woman easy to scare." Added Tony.

"Not of you, Jarod." Sammy calmed him down. "Of herself. Of what she feels." The girl searched the right words "Some people are scared of love, love can be so... violent and intense... upsetting, and some people choose to... put it aside, to lock their heart... because... because they don't know how to handle it. Just think about yourself, how you were scared of the idea of writing her a letter."

Tony bit his lip and Jarod nodded, both were thinking about Sammy's words. "Maybe your Parker thought that you were kidding her, that you would laugh at her."

"But I... I would never do this. I... it's true, sometimes I tease her, but... but not to hurt her. Never to hurt her. My God, she's... she knows this, she knows me. As I know her."

Sammy knelt in front of him "Maybe this is the point: you know her, how she really is, and this makes her feel... defenseless, vulnerable. And if I understood the kind, she's scared. This kind of woman that, when scared, attacks." And the girl pointed at Jarod's nose.

The man looked straight in the dark eyes of Sammy. To be so young, she seemed to know well the world. Tony looked persuaded by the reasoning.

"What do I do?" Jarod whispered.

Sammy smiled. "You write her again. And if she rips this letter too, you write again. Make her realize that you are serious. That you're not joking. That you really care."







Broots jumped on his seat, hearing the opening door, but it was only Sydney. He didn't remember a day like this, before. Miss Parker was always hard to handle, but today... Boy! What a day! Luckily, it was at the end and tomorrow... maybe...

"She's gone at home" Sydney informed his nervous co-worker. "So you can relax."

"Yeah, and you too."

Sydney had been under fire all day, like Broots. But if the tech was used to the Ice-Queen treatment, the elder man was usually immune to it. Not today. Parker was intractable, Jarod didn't call anymore, it was easy to say how much Sydney felt worried.

"What could Jarod have written to Parker?" Sydney asked.

Broots shook his head "Don't know, Syd. Maybe some other lies of Mr. Parker. You know her, when it comes to her father."

Sydney nodded but something told him that it wasn't so easy. "If only she would talk to me. Or Jarod would only call."







Parker went inside her home. A day to forget! With the thought of Jarod always in her mind, and Sydney who followed her everywhere she went, and Broots with his stammering and Daddy and Lyle and...

She wanted only swallow a dozen of pills with a bottle of vodka and never wake up again. The worst was that she hoped and waited for a Jarod's call all day. But he didn't call. She felt so bad and worried too. Parker would have to change the last 36 hours. A second chance.

At least to not repeat some things. Like ripping the letter. It was a gesture that was absolutely cruel. And childish. Exaggerated. Her whole reaction had been extreme. And why? After all, Jarod only wrote a letter.

(A LOVE letter!) She thought, angry again. Yes, a love letter. A little soppy, nauseating too, but... well... let's say it! Sweet. Not that she liked it, no way!

But no man had ever written to her a letter so sweet, before.

No man had ever written to her, simply.

She wasn't that kind of girl. At least she thought not to be. And one day Jarod writes to her! It wasn't fair! A girl passes all life to keep people, and men, at arm's length, and the attack comes from inside! Hell! She wasn't ready! How could she be it? She never thought Jarod could love her. After all, before the pretender's escape, they didn't see each other for a long time. Why she should have known?

Parker realized she was staring the phone. "C'mon, Wonderboy! Call me!"

A little voice inside her heart whispered [And why he should have to call you! To be covered by bad words again?]

"I wouldn't tell him bad words, I want to know how he's doing."

[Really! No bad words! And you would even apologize, uh? You?]

"I don't know if I... What I want to know is if he's okay and... if he... he was... oh, hell!" Parker grabbed the vodka's bottle and poured it in a glass. "Damn Jarod!" She muttered "Why do you always put me in such mess?"

[It's YOU to make always a mess! He wrote only a letter! What's the matter with this?]

"I don't know! It's only... only that... " Parker stopped. "Great! Now I'm talking to myself!"

The best thing to do was to go to sleep.

(Maybe Jarod will call tomorrow) She thought in her bed.

But sleep didn't come and she found herself staring again the phone. "Shit! Here I am!" She muttered "Awake at night to wait a man's call, like a teen at her first love!"

[And it isn't so, maybe?] whispered again the little voice.

She sat up in bed, abruptly "NO! It isn't absolutely so!"

[Oh yeah? A woman of your age and experience who reacts like a child when a man declares her his love!]

"It's only that... It was unexpected!!"

[Really? You REALLY didn't know about his love, uh?]

"No! I didn't know! Why should I?"

[Because you knew about YOUR love, and a woman in love FEELS her man's love!]

Parker bent her head, blushing "I don't love him." She whispered "And Jarod is not my man."

[Good! Keep on denying! Keep closing your heart! You WANT him as your man!]

"No, it isn't so! I don't... I... " She covered her head with her arms, feeling like doing nothing more than crying. "I don't know what to do, that's all. I don't know." Parker wiped her eyes. "C'mon, give me your advice. What have I got to do?" She looked around herself and sighed. "Oh God, I'm going crazy." She lay on the bed, thinking about Jarod and her pride and his love, just as, somewhere else, Jarod was writing a second letter, dreaming and hoping.



End part 2

Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it
3 by Stefi
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Love Letters - Part 3
By Stefi



Sydney went in the tech-room and greeted Broots.

"Good morning to you too, Syd. It's a new, brightening and, we hope, different day!"

"Some news from Jarod?" Asked the elder man. Broots didn't miss the concern in his voice.

"Sorry, Syd. Nothing."

The psychiatrist sighed "I hope that whatever these two are up..." He cut himself out as an employee came in with the daily mail.

On top, it was an envelope with the Jarod's unmistakable hand-writing. The two men looked at each other. Broots began to shake his head, seeing the look on Sydney's face. "No, no Syd... c'mon, you don't intend... right?"

Syd stroked his chin. "I'm really... tempted!"

"At your age, Freud?" Asked a sarcastic voice behind them. "And who's your forbidden dream? Maybe some psychopathic cow, with identity troubles?" Broots rushed on his computer. Miss Parker didn't seem in a good mood neither today.

"Did you find Labrat?" She asked.

"No, nothing." Was the tech's reply, frantically typing on the keyboard.

"Find him!" Parker barked and she turned to exit.

"Wait, Parker! There's a letter, here, for you." and Sydney held out the envelope. "It seems voluminous, Jarod must have many things to say." Parker turned her head to look the missive. (Oh, no! Not again!) She thought. Slowly she took it, put it in her pocket and went into her office.

Sydney looked at Broots, who commented "She seemed almost feared, as it was a bomb!"

"Maybe it is." said Sydney.







Parker sat at her desk, took a deep breath and opened the letter. Inside, there was the first one, the pieces stuck again with adhesive tape. And another sheet.



My dear Parker, my love.

I know you said I would have never to try it again. But my heart says otherwise. Please, listen to me, and to your heart. Read again my first letter: I MEAN every single word I wrote and all the others I didn't write too. No tricks, no jokes. Only love. I pray you, I beg you, give me a chance, only one.

With all the love I can, your Jarod.




Parker sighed deeply and stared the sheet. She never felt so...upside down. And scared.

(But what you really expect me to do?) She thought.

Her fingers lingered over the first letter, the one she ripped. Parker was glad to have it back again.

Her first love letter. It sounded good. Jarod had been her first love, her first kiss. It was right he was the author of her first love letter too. It was right that it was him to break down her defense walls. He already did, for that matter. And she let him do.

(I let him twist my life and my mind!) Parker was so... taken by this story to... to forget, simply!, to forget her job!

She went to him, she found him and... she didn't call the Centre. And now she knew where Jarod was, with absolute certainty, and she didn't say it to anyone. Not to hide it for some purpose, or other reasons concerning the Centre.

Parker stayed still, with opened wide eyes and parted lips, as she stared the truth in her mind: she forgot it! She didn't think about it! Simply!

"Shit!" She whispered "This is a bad sign! To forget the Centre!"

A knock on the door made her jump on her seat. Quickly, she took the sheets and put them in her pocket. "Yeah, come in!"

Sydney went in the office and closed the door. Then he put himself in front of his co-worker.

(Oh-oh! Freud is in fighting trim!) She said to herself.

"Parker." Syd began. "I know you since you were a child-"

"Please Sydney, cut this you-were-so-lovely crap and get to the point!"

"As you please." Sydney said and he slammed his hands on the desk "I want to know what's going on! And don't give me that look of yours, you don't scare me! You are not yourself, these days, Jarod gave you some shocking news, please, don't deny it!, and whatever is the problem I want to know it! I have this right!"

Parker, astonished, stared at her old friend.

Sydney was always so calm and in control! It didn't suit him so much... agitation and vehemence.

"Too much coffee?" She asked as she stood up "And by the way, what right have you to talk to me like that? The fact you knew me since I was a child, well, sometimes is really boring!"

She turned around the desk and Sydney grabbed her forearm "Parker, please. Talk to me. I'm boring, I know. But I care for you."

Another man who asked her to talk and listen. Another man who cared for her.

Only two days ago, she would make some sharp remark to hurt him, except for repent herself later. But today she...she didn't want to. Sydney's eyes were pleading for a kind word, to reassure him.

Parker sighed and slowly, almost shyly, she took out the letters and gave them to him.

Then she rushed out the room. "See ya, Syd. I'll call you." Another thing she would have never done, two days before.

To give him the letters.

"Jarod, you have really twisted my life!"







Sydney stayed still, with the sheets in his hands. He had the feeling he shouldn't have to read them. With a sigh, he sat on the couch and opened the letters. Two sheets were part of the same missive, same ink, same paper and with adhesive tape to put together the pieces.

(Parker ripped them. Why?)

Then, there was a single sheet. Sydney began to read. And his breath stopped abruptly.

'My dear Parker, my love... '

The man checked around himself, to be sure he was alone. His eyes looked through the letter till the last word.

Then he took his breath "Mon Dieu!" He whispered.

A love letter! Jarod wrote a love letter... to... Parker!

(He loves her!)

Sydney grabbed the other one:



Parker, listen, it took to me so much time, and bravery, to write to you. So please, read and don't cut me out! You would be able to do this even with a letter.

I love you. Here. I wrote it. I love you. I don't manage to think anything else but you. You are my reason of life, the reason to wake me up every morning, the reason that makes me always hoping. It's always been so, since we were children. You were the light in my endless darkness, the joy, the love. Yes, I think you were love since then, even if I didn't know. What could know a little boy about love? Yet, I felt a bond between us, a bond without a name, but strong and deep. And I feel it still now. That's why I'm still here. I can't disappear, with so many bonds to keep me tied to Syd, to my past, to my life. And to you. Most of all, to you. You have my heart, Parker. And no one can live without a heart. I'm not asking you to give it back to me. Even if you would do it, it would be useless. My heart will always come back to you. But do you understand I cannot live in this way? Do you understand how much it hurts me to be away from my heart, from you?




Sydney stopped reading. He felt uneasy, he was invading the most intimate part of Jarod's heart. Those words were written for Parker, for her eyes only. Sydney put the sheets in his pocket, carefully.

For Parker's eyes only. Not for the Centre ones. It was important the Centre never found about this... this so incredible story!

Sydney took his time to walk back to the tech room. (Incredible!) He thought (And more incredible is that I never understood a single thing!) He was there, right? He saw them together then, and now too. Syd knew well that Jarod would never hurt Parker, that he cared for her. But to love her? Sydney stopped, with a light smile on his lips.

Jarod loved her. Yeah! This explained everything. It explained his protégé's attitude, and Parker's one too.

(Because she loves him too!) Syd stated in his mind, and his smile widened (And she's going to him, now!)

Syd asked himself how many times Parker had known where Jarod was and had avoided to say it.

"Syd! Do you hear me?" The exasperated voice of Broots reached his ears. The psychiatrist felt confused. When was he arrived in the tech-room?

"Excuse me, Broots, what were you saying?"

Broots sighed and repeated. "Are you okay? You were standing there, smiling to the angels... "

Sydney laughed openly. "Yes, my friend, I'm okay. I'm really okay!"







Jarod listened amused his young friends arguing about the movie they saw. "C'mon, it wasn't so bad!" said Sammy.

Tony shook his head. "I think it's been a real waste of money."

"You like only those stupid movies about war and fighting. Those ones are a waste of money! What do you think, Jarod?"

"Jarod slept all the time, how can he say something about it?" Tony laughed and Sammy joined him.

"I wasn't sleeping!" replied the pretender, indignant "I was only... only... "

"Sleeping!" Sammy mocked him.

The three laughed as they walked along the way to Jarod's home. "Hey! What about a pizza? I'm hungry!" Suggested Tony.

"Again?" The girl was shocked. "You ate 2 big hot-dogs, before the movie! What have you done with them?"

Jarod wasn't listening anymore. His eyes were glued on a woman standing in front of his building.

"Jarod! Do you wanna come with us?" asked the two in love.

They saw the strange look on his face and followed his gaze.

"Parker." said Jarod.

"Wow! That is Parker?" asked Tony, admired.

"Right like I imagined her" Sammy looked at Jarod "Do you want... we could stay on the outskirts? With her, you never know!"

"No." Jarod was still staring Parker "I mean... no, thank you, Sammy. I think everything's okay"

"As you wish. Now, go to her and try to be kind!"

Jarod gave her a bad look "Me? It's her, the dangerous one!" Sammy smiled and grabbed Tony's arm.

"See you tomorrow. C'mon, Tony. Tony? Hey, Tony?" SLAP!

"Ouch! But what have I done?" protested the guy.

"You were staring her! A little too much, for my taste!" And arguing and laughing, Sammy and Tony went away.

Jarod took a deep breath and approached Parker. She bent her head aside to follow the couple with her look.

"Those two are my friends, really nice, we talk a lot, they give me some advice... "

Parker stared him "They are two children!" Jarod nodded. "You ask advice from children!"

"Well..." Began Jarod "... emotionally I AM a child, too!"

Parker rolled her eyes "Good grief!" She turned her steps towards the building. Jarod stayed there. "Then? C'mon, Wonderboy! I haven't all day!"

"Where... do we go, if I may ask?"

Parker shook her head, closing her eyes. Then she grabbed him by the jacket "Where? Chez toi... " Her voice became a threatening whisper "... mon amour!" The words were VERY inviting, but Jarod didn't hope not even for a sec she could talk seriously.

The janitor looked up as they walked in, and his eyes widened in a measure Jarod didn't think possible.

"Good evening." Said Parker with a low, sexy voice.

The poor guy, Will stood up, automatically taking off his cap, unable to speak a single word.

Jarod frowned. With him, she was always angry and nasty! With the others, look at her!

Will called him back. "Excuse me, Jarod, can I have a word with you?"

"You go on, dear." Smiled Parker "I'll wait for you upstairs."

Why do the sweetest words always sound like threats from Parker's mouth? Jarod sighed and paid attention to Will.

The janitor waited for her to go up, then he grabbed Jarod's hand and shook it with enthusiasm. "My friend! Congratulations! Where have you fished her out?" The man grinned openly. "A first rate woman. You're really lucky, Jarod, you old rogue!" Will patted Jarod's shoulders vigorously.

"You don't know the half of it. Now if you excuse me... "

"Sure, sure. Don't make her wait! Good luck!"

"Yeah!" Jarod muttered, going up the stairs "Luck is what I really need, NOW!"



End part 3



Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it
4 by Stefi
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Love Letters - Part 4
By Stefi


Jarod stared the door for a moment. Then he grabbed the handle and turned it with steadiness. This time he would have managed talking to her. He wouldn't have let her go away without making things clear. Parker was there, leaning against the wall, her arms crossed over her chest.

(Not an encouraging attitude) thought Jarod.

"Well?" asked Parker "Will it take a long time?"

"No. Please, have a seat."

"I'm okay here."

Jarod sighed. Definitively, Parker didn't want to make things easier.

"Have you read my letters?" He whispered. Parker nodded. "What do you think about it?"

It was Parker's turn to sigh. "That you are crazy. All this is... crazy!"

Jarod looked at her "Why?"

"Why?!? And you're asking it, too!"

"Yes! I'm asking. Why?" She shook her head, with exasperation. Jarod insisted "Give me one reason"

"The Centre! Did you forget about them?"

"No. What else?"

"Isn't it enough? Do you know what could happen if someone, there, found out your letters, your... " She took a step back, avoiding his eyes "Your... feelings... "

Jarod took a step, getting him closer to her and smiled. "You didn't tell them, right? It seems to be you the one who forgot the Centre." Parker took another step back. Jarod took another one forward. "What about yours, Parker?"

She looked confused "Mine... what?"

"Feelings." He moved even closer, imprisoning her in the corner. Parker felt herself caught in a trap. Her eyes searched frantically for a way out. Jarod saw her fear and in his head, Sammy's voice remembered him [Be kind. She's scared]

"I would never hurt you, Parker." He whispered "Don't be afraid. Please, not of me." He reached for her cheek and brushed it gently but Parker escaped from his hand. "I love you, don't you see it?" He tried again.

She saw it. In his eyes, in his voice. Parker didn't think anymore he was kidding her. She knew he loved her. But...

"No." She shook her head.

"Parker... "

"No, Jarod. No. It's impossible."

His distressed look broke her heart. But Parker had to be strong.

"You really hate me." He stated quietly. Her heart was crying with despair, but Parker ignored it. She was the master at this.

"I don't hate you. It's only that... you're asking me... something... I can't give you."

"You can't or you won't?"

"I CAN'T!" She filled with rage. To be a genius, he was really stupid, sometimes! Why couldn't he leave her alone, simply?

And why was he smiling in that way, now?

"It means... " He began. "That... if you could... you would do it... to love me... "

Parker frowned. Did she say that? "I didn't mean anything like this!" She tried to defend herself.

"And what did you mean, then?" asked Jarod, his arms crossed. "Parker, why is it always so hard, for you, talking about what you feel? I'm asking a simple question, it's enough a -yes- or a -no- from your part. Instead, you seem unable to give me an answer. Why?"

Parker gave him an incredulous look. "Ah, you call this -a simple question- ?"

"Uh-uh" He said and waited.

"Do you mind?" she pushed him aside. "I need some space!"

Jarod stroked his chest where Parker had pushed with her usual roughness. His heart was singing and dancing.

(Be patient, Jarod. With patience, you'll reach your goal!) He thought. Maybe this time would be the right one! Hell, she didn't even aim the gun on him!

Parker was tidying her hair. It had been a mistake to come here. The best thing to do, now, was open up the door and close it on the whole affair. Right now!

"Have you done?" Jarod's voice took her by surprise.

"Done... what?"

He looked at her, a little puzzled. Parker seemed out of line.

"My question, Parker. Asked just a second ago, remember?" She still didn't answer. To close the whole affair! Ah! Jarod would have never left her alone. Crazy!

"Supposing... I'd answer... yes... " She stared at him. "Then? What happens, then?"

Jarod thought the faster he could.

(Keep cool, my heart!) "Ah... nothing! I mean... nothing you... would have to worry! Ah... " Parker looked disgusted. How could a genius changing himself into a blabbing geek?

She rubbed her closed eyes, sighing. "God!" She muttered. "I'm in love with a perfect idiot!"

"Excuse me?"

"Never mind." She stopped him. "Nothing to worry, uh?" Jarod nodded eagerly. "And... what could be this... nothing?"

DANGER!!! BE CAREFUL, JAROD!

"I told you, nothing. I mean... "

Parker had a short, dry laugh. "I knew it. You mean... ?"

"Well, you know... only... the things... lo-lovers do... "

Parker's eyes narrowed. "Things lovers do? Explain to me, Jarod. What kind of things do we have to do?"

His face passed through many looks. "Ah... don't know... things like... bah, a... kiss? Maybe?" Her eyes narrowed even more.

Jarod hurried to add "We already kissed once."

"We were children."

"I know, I know. And I never forgot how your lips taste. I... I would like to know... if anything has changed."

Parker nodded with her fake, freezing smile. "Nothing else? Only a kiss?"

"Well... " He started to say, blushing till his ears "... I would like... so much... more, you know?"

Parker opened her mouth. Then she closed it. Then she exploded. "You're really CRAZY!"

"WHY? It's natural, I mean... I love you, then it's logical I... I would like to... to hold you and... kiss you and... " He moved his hand in the air, swallowing "...all the rest. You are the one crazy! What kind of men do you mix with? It seems almost you never received an advance."

"You keep on telling me nonsense! You talk as if we could have a life together, like any other people. But we are NOT like the others!"

"Are you saying we have to be alone? No, Parker, I don't accept it! I love you and I want to stay with you!"

"And the Centre? Do you really believe they'll let us be free to live our lives? I don't!"

"Together we could do it! Parker, please, listen to your heart-"

"No! No, Jarod! I will NOT listen to my heart anymore. People die when I do it!" Parker went to the door, but Jarod stopped her.

"And you'll let the Centre to use your life forever?"

Parker was furious, now. "But what do you think? That I like living this way, without a single hope, watching all the people I love going away or dying? I'm tired to be the one left alone, crying and mourning! I'm tired to pretend not to care for anyone! But I have to do it because people die if I let someone come too close to me! And I don't want anyone else to die for my fault!" Parker took a long breath. "Jarod, stay away from me. Please, I don't... Stay away!"

"I can't." he stated quietly.

"Jarod-"

"No. Now it's my turn to talk. I know well what the Centre did to you, to us. They took away our past, they play with our present, we can't let them to destroy our future. I will not permit!" Parker sighed and closed her eyes, too tired to argue again. Jarod caressed her cheek "And I will protect you. You are my future, Parker. So, don't tell me to stay away. I can't. I know you feel confused, scared but... don't push me away. Tell me to wait. I'll wait. I've been waiting since we were children, twenty-five years, I can wait all the time you need. But please, don't tell me to stay away... "

He bent his head, trying to kiss her but she managed to avoid him. "No, please... it's impossible... "

Jarod sighed. "What do you want me to do? Do you want me on my knees, begging you?" His voice became a whisper. "Do you want me back at the Centre? I'll do it if it's this that you want."

Parker stared him, almost horrified. "But what are you saying? You are-"

"Crazy, yes. You already said this. I'm crazy, crazy for you. I'll come back to the Centre, I'll do SIM's and everything they want, I don't care, as long as you become again the one you were... I want again that little girl... who loved me... because you loved me, then!" and he slammed his fist into the wall.

"There's no little girl, Jarod, no more"

"No, it isn't true. She's still there, I know it, I can see her..."

(Oh God, he's serious!) "And do you think... she... would allow you to do such thing?" She asked. "Coming back would be your death, Jarod, and I... don't want another death on my conscience. Better away but alive!" She opened the door and rushed out.

Jarod sat slowly on the bed, hearing the sound of her heels going away.

Stopping.

Coming back.

The door burst open and Jarod found himself knocked down on the bed, as a wild, passionate Parker attacked him with the most violent kiss he'd ever experienced.

The poor man realized only her lips and tongue and teeth, her scent and warmth through the clothes, her body glued on him. But before Jarod could connect enough to do something, she stood up and went to the door.

"Wait... " He mumbled "... where... what... "

"Not a word, Wonderboy!"

"Just a moment!" but he was talking to the closed door. Jarod felt like his mind had melted, his lips were burning and his body...well, let's say he needed a cold shower, better if was with ice, instead of water! He fell down again on the bed, still panting.

"Oh, my God!" That one wasn't a kiss. It was an attempted murder! By suffocation!

"Oh, yessss! I want to die this way! With Parker as executioner and her kisses tool!" Just thinking about it made his temperature increase!

(Oh. My. God.) "I want another one! I WILL NOT wait for other twenty-five years!"

Jarod stood up and paced back and forth. "How can I to make her coming back?" A plan took shape in his mind "First of all... it takes... " He grinned. "... a letter!" After all, the previous letters had worked, she had come twice to him! And she said, in her way, that she cared!

"Yes!" Jarod rummaged in the drawer found a sheet, a pen and he sat at the desk.


My beautiful, adorable,


Jarod smiled mischievously.


sexy Parker


"I have to make her raging, so she'll run here to give me a lesson, but... " He reasoned aloud "... but, with a little push here and there, she... she will kiss me and... and maybe... even... " Jarod closed his eyes and swallowed. "OH. MY. GOD." (It's better to think about the letter)


Your incredible, devouring, passionate kiss left
me with a feeling of insuppressible desire and
burning hunger.



Jarod bit the pen "Maybe I should have to... dare the most? She could always to kill me, don't forget it!" He thought for a moment: Parker on him... her lips... her hands... "Yes! I'll dare!!"


I want you! I want to rip all your clothes off and
kissing you all over, beginning from your eyes,
your lips, down to your neck, your shoulders,
your...




"OHMYGODMYGODMYGOD!!!"



End



Feedback: ste.piro@inwind.it
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=620