Kill Lyle by Haiza Tyri
Summary: Two drabbles on Jarod's decision not to kill Lyle, during "Flesh and Blood."
Categories: Character Musing, Confessions, Season 3 Characters: Jarod, Lyle
Genres: Angst, Character Musing, Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Episode Drabbles
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 209 Read: 4015 Published: 13/08/09 Updated: 13/08/09

1. Kill Lyle by Haiza Tyri

2. Mercy is power by Haiza Tyri

Kill Lyle by Haiza Tyri

Kill Lyle

            I wanted to do it. I really, really wanted to do it. I wanted to kill Lyle with everything in me. Almost. Because in the moments when I had him at my mercy, I remembered killing Damon. In the middle of rage, pain, and desire for revenge screaming at me to pull the trigger, I remembered the emptiness and horror I had had after Damon was dead. For once I didn’t trust my feelings. I chose to trust Sydney’s wisdom and my own brain telling me that killing Lyle wouldn’t help my pain; it would only give me more pain.

 

End Notes:
Don't miss the next chapter.
Mercy is power by Haiza Tyri

Mercy is power

            He didn’t kill me! He was supposed to kill me!

            Lyle was furious that Jarod hadn’t killed him. Not because he wanted to die, exactly, though sometimes he thought that might be a relief. But he had been forced to accept mercy from the lab rat. He wasn’t the sort of man who believed he was indebted to a man who could or should have killed him and didn’t, but it infuriated him that the man he hated had had mercy on him. It gave him a kind of power over Lyle, and Lyle didn’t think he could handle that.

This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=5463