False Hope by startdust_2006
Summary: Miss Parker finds that she may really be alone in her life
Categories: Post Season 4 Characters: Broots, Jarod, Kyle, Lyle, Miss Parker, Mr Parker, Other Non-Centre Related Character, Sydney
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1880 Read: 7262 Published: 27/09/05 Updated: 27/09/05

1. Part 1 by startdust_2006

2. Part 2 by startdust_2006

3. Part 3 by startdust_2006

Part 1 by startdust_2006
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.




False Hope
part 1
by startdust_2006






Early Thursday Morning
At the Centre

Miss Parker is about to enter Broots’ office. She stops as she hears a hushed conversation between Sydney and Broots.

“But Syd, don’t you think it’s about time that she caught on to our extra-curricular activities,” Broots whispered nervously. Miss Parker scrunched her eyebrows and continued to listen.

“Look calm down. She will never find out. For years now she has trusted in us. She would never suspect us of anything,” the accented voice answered.

“Yeah but we’ve been helping Jarod. I know we don’t do it as much as we should but still, you know how angry she can get. Miss Parker a.k.a. the Ice Queen is known for her violence. Last time was a close call. Even Angelo was freaked.” Broots had begun to pace around the office. Miss Parker slowly started to back away from the door. Her faced was now considerably paler then before. Her eyes wide open from the sheer shock.

“Broots, just act normal around her. Our first priority has been to keep Jarod safe, he deserves it.”

“What about her freedom? We’ve been technically keeping it from her by helping him.”

“That is something we have to sacrifice. Her mother did the same in order to save Jarod. Did you know that Catherine Parker believed that Jarod was closer to her heart than those born of her blood? She would have wanted us to protect Jarod at all costs.”

Miss Parker stopped her gradual retreat and clutched her stomach.

“I hope you’re right Sydney because I feel bad about all the times that we have helped Jarod trap her.”

Hearing a rustling, Miss Parker hide in the obscure corner as she saw Sydney and Broots exit the office and head for the elevators. Taking in a choppy breath, Miss Parker headed towards her father’s office.

“Daddy,” she exclaimed as she pushed open the both doors, “I have a personal request.”

“Angel, what can I do for you?” Not even looking up from his work.

“I need to take a temporary leave.” Miss Parker leaned on her father’s desk, as he seemed to ponder her request.

“Why Angel, why would you need to leave?” Mr. Parker questioned, his voice gruff.

Thinking of the most convincing excuse she put on a puppy-eyed look and said, “I am still suffering the after effects of my ulcer and would only be a hindrance to the chance.”
At these words Mr. Parker looked up quickly, “Of course Angel take of as much time as you need.” Miss Parker couldn’t decide if he gave her permission because he cared for her health or because she would interfere in the search for Jarod but at the time it didn’t matter.

“Fine. Thank you daddy. I will call you in a few weeks,” Miss Parker said as she left the office.


In her office, she found Broots and Sydney waiting for her. Maintaining her cold exterior she sat behind her desk.

“What do you have, Brootsie? Anything interesting?” She asked coldly.

“I-I think I have a lead-lead on Jarod. Do you want me to check up on it?” Broots stuttered while looking down at his feet.

“Why don’t you do that. And have Sydney help you.” With a quick motion she ushered them out of her room. She opened her purse took out her cell phone. Turning it off she placed it in her drawer and searched for her keys. Briefly taking a looking at the picture of her mother, she placed it face down on her desk and then headed out the door. Everyone noticed her presence as she walked through the Centre and then out the front door, not looking back in the process.
Part 2 by startdust_2006
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.




False Hope
part 2
by startdust_2006






SOMEWHERE OUT THERE

Jarod looked at his hotel room clock. It read 4:32 am. Another sleepless night, one of many for him. Turning off the small TV in the corner, he took out his cell phone and hit speed dial 1. Sighing he though of Miss Parker and her relentless hunt to bring him back to the center. So aloof, so rigid, the women sometimes scared him out of his wits. She was nothing like the girl he knew and that saddened him. The phone continued to ring and then her answering machine picked up.

‘Where was she at this hour?’ Jarod thought as he pressed speed dial 2. He smiled; it was a guarantee that she would answer her cell phone. She took it with her everywhere. Yet again the phone rang.

***

BLUE COVE

Miss Parker sighed as she listened to the phone ring. She knew who it was and decided against answering it. Swirling wine in her favorite crystal she thought about her own actions to help Jarod. Of all things, he should know her better than that. He should have known about her thoughts on the center, his brother, pretending. There the key word, pretending. A harsh laugh escaped her lips.

‘If only they knew what I great pretender I am. Look at me. A façade of being heartless and emotionless and they all believe this is who I am. Thank the G-ds for the few who know me well’ Parker let the phone ring on. Getting up from her couch she exchanged her glass for an overnight bag and walked out of the house.

“It’s time for the truth to come out. It is time for all of us to be free and for the purification of the Parker legacy” With that she locked the doors to her mother’s house.

***

TOKOYO, JAPAN

Akira Tony Tanaka answered his cell to hear the voice of a dear friend.

“Ahhh, AngieBabe, how are you? Life treating you well?” he spoke jovially to the women he considered to be his little sister.

“Fine as can be. I have a request. How would you like to escalate the plan and bring in the last few players and get this game over with?” someone replied in perfect Japanese.

“Now that would be a pleasure. It’s time to see the center cry. I will meet in the designated place call K and L. Remember, your pretend ends here for a while so when I see you next, I want to see the real you, deal?”

“Of course….now get some sleep and get your ass over here” Tanaka’s laugh could be heard throughout his house.

***

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE

Jarod had called Sydney in order to solve the Missing Miss Parker mystery only to fin that no one at the Centre knew where she was. Worried and angered by her saddened disappearance, Jarod put of his pretend and began packing to return to Blue Cove.

“Where the hell is she? She isn’t a pretender so how the hell can she allude one?” Jarod growled. Suddenly, his laptop beeped, ‘Mail Call’.

Opening his account, Jarod gasped at the message.

“J,
Are you sure you brother’s dead? Did you see the body after the van blew up? It is time for all the secrets to be revealed. Are you ready to meet the players because they are ready to meet you? Come to the Pizza Joe’s in Boston. Be there in two days for the TRUTH.
The liberators”

Confused yet intrigued, Jarod began to furiously type away hoping to better understand the letter.

***

BLUE COVE

Sydney and Broots received a similar message. Exchanging worried looks, they began to search for more clues in the Centre mainframe.
Part 3 by startdust_2006
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



False Hope
part 3
by startdust_2006






Boston, Massachusetts, two days later

Two figures met behind Pizza Joe’s. After a quick exchange, they walked into the restaurant, making their way to the secluded back parlor. One of the figures lights a cigarette while the other crossed his legs. They waited for the others to show.


After receiving a cryptic message from some unknown source, Jarod had immediately contacted Broots and Sydney. To his surprise, he found that neither could find Miss Parker and both had received a similar message. A truce was struck until they figure out what was going on with both Kyle and Miss Parker. The trio met up in New York and then took the long route to Boston.


Pizza Joe’s

A young man made his way into the restaurant. Waving at the owner of the store who he knew well, he went to meet up with his colleagues or a better term friends. In the doorway, he leaned against the rim and smirked.

“He’s going to kill you once he learns about all your secrets. You know that right?” he’s grin widening as he spoke.

“I can handle him. I’ve done it before haven’t I?” the figure smirked back and then blew a puff of smoke towards the man. “Kyle, just relax…he will be to busy fussing over you to think straight. And then you can tell him about the rest of your family okay? It will all go well”

“That’s what you think. He won’t let you do it on your own. He cares too much about you” The other man uncrossed his legs and chuckled as Kyle spoke.

“Oh screw you…” the female voice answered, “they’ll be here soon so stop trying to pick a fight.”

“Whatever you say…whatever you say,” Kyle smirked again.


Pizza Joe’s front entrance

“Jarod, are you sure that it is a good idea for you to be here with us when we don’t know what we’re up against?” Sydney asked perplexed by Jarod’s sudden eagerness to step into this unknown situation.

“Look Sydney, this person knows something about Kyle and I want to know what it is. Let’s get this meeting over with.” Jarod opened the front door and walked in.

“I hope he knows what he’s doing,” Broots stated nervously, “I really don’t want to be caught by the center for helping Jarod.” Both he and Sydney went into the restaurant.

The owner glanced up and saw the three men enter. His eye met Jarod’s and he pointed to the door leading to the parlor. Jarod steadily walked towards it with Broots and Sydney following closely behind. He pushed the door open and gasped.

“Parker!!!”
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=4255