Waiting by Rising Sun
Summary: Jared prepares for a pretend by thinking of Parker
Categories: Post IOTH Characters: Jarod
Genres: General, Vignette
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1557 Read: 7082 Published: 28/05/05 Updated: 28/05/05

1. Studying Parker by Rising Sun

2. Extra! Extra! by Rising Sun

3. Waiting for Parker by Rising Sun

Studying Parker by Rising Sun
Title: Waiting 1/Studying Parker
Authors: Rising Sun (jagrslc@yahoo.com)
FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
The FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc

Summary: Jared prepares for a pretend by thinking of Parker.
Classification: Romance: Jared/Parker
Disclaimer: The Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Permission to archive: Permission Granted
Author’s Note: This is a response to Mickey's Picture Challenge of April 7, 2002.
Feedback: If you enjoyed it say so!
Story Written April 8, 2002

-----------------------------------------------------------------


REPLICA OF LABORATORY AT

COMMUNITY COLLEGE, AUSTIN TEXAS



Jarod had no idea what day it was or even if were night.



He was preparing to take part in a pretend that involved a College Professor who had placed students in solitary confinement under conditions so extreme that two of the eight had died. He needed to understand the processes that a human went through when placed in solitary.



He remembered Phillip’s concerns.

Was he sure? Yes he was.

Was he mad? Well maybe a little.

What ever it was was it worth this? Oh yes!



So now here he was. At first it was disconcerting being alone. After all humans are social creatures but he was not the normal human and had been alone for hours at the center. So that was ok. Then there was the element of peace and quiet. This modern world was noisy and chaotic and solitary was a haven from that.



The contentment soon vanished and the primal urges for company began to assert itself. He set about controlling the urge.



He’d warned Phillip not to open up the place until the appointed time and not before. He’d better do as he was told.



Jarod sat and focused. He’d counted sheep but that had proved boring. He’d reviewed his pretends but he’d soon appraised all. He’d even sang but he heard a dog howl and stopped.



Then he smiled. Actually it was a good imitation of Miss Parker’s vampire smile. He’d found a new topic.



Miss Parker.

Daughter to Mr. Parker powerhouse at the center.
Sister to Mr. Lyle aspiring powerhouse at the center.


Wasn’t it just so interesting that no one used first names?



Miss Parker.

The girl who gave him his first kiss.
The girl who had captured his heart had now been assigned to capture him.


Ironic.



Parker was more lost than the prey she perused.
Anchored at the Center yet so adrift in life.
Cold and hard to all yet so needful of love.
Physically so much like her mother yet on all other fronts so unlike.


Jarod frowned. Parker was a walking contradiction!



Was Parker really on the warpath to catch him? There were a number of times she’d had him and he’d got away. It was almost as if she were more interested in the chase than the catch. He chuckled … that was not logical. Parker was many things but emotional and illogical were not one of them.



The door suddenly swung open and Phillip stood in the threshold. The natural light was dazzling. “Up an at ‘em darling!” He called cheerfully.



“Already?” Jarod was surprised.



“Yep it’s been two months already.”



Jarod stood and walked out to freedom.



THE END.
Extra! Extra! by Rising Sun
Title: Waiting 2/Extra! Extra!
Authors: Rising Sun (jagrslc@yahoo.com)
FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
The FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc

Summary: Jarod makes the cover of a national publication.
Classification: Romance: Jared/Parker
Disclaimer: The Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Permission to archive: Permission Granted
Author’s Note: This is a response to Mickey's Picture Challenge of April 7, 2002.
Feedback: If you enjoyed it say so!
Story Written April 8, 2002

----------------------------------------------------------------------


THE CENTRE
BLUE COVER, DELAWARE



Angel Parker – Miss Parker to ALL at the Center walked into the building. Actually she strutted in. She was long legged and slim and favored short skirts and long jackets that emphasized such.



She stepped out of the elevator and groaned as Broots the tech wizard assigned to her scurried up. Yep she thought that is exactly what he does scurries along these corridors. Before he could squeak she spoke. “What!”



He gulped.



“Well!” she was already irritated and he hadn’t said a word.



Finally he shoved it into her hand. She stared dumbfounded and the focused on him as tough it were his fault. “Where did you get this?” She growled.



“Hey sis!” Lyle breezed by.



She transferred her glare to him for a split second and then back to her prey. “Talk” She hissed.



Lyle oblivious to the situation or just ignoring it said, “Seen the latest issue of Biography Magazine?” he grinned and almost skipped away.



If possible her gazed on Brootes intensified. “Well!”



“I subscribe and it arrived today!” He stuttered hoarsely.



She slapped the magazine to her leg and headed toward her office to study it. “Don’t disturb me.” She ordered.



“Er no no ma’am.” He assured her and got away with great relief.



=====================================



PARKER’S OFFICE



She slammed the publication down on her desk. “Damn it!”



She stood, prowled the office then stood looking out the window.



The slogan of the magazine was that every life is a story and apparently Jarod had more than one story to tell. Without mentioning the Center but referring to it in a manner that any one working here would know he proceeded to tell a story of a man who only wanted to do good and that sometimes it was not always possible as some folks wanted to stop him. The he related his latest case of a College Professor who had placed students in solitary confinement under conditions so extreme that two of the eight had died.



“Damn it!” she hissed again as she thought of him.



The article had turned to the mundane until the end when his love life was tackled. It was a case of love to be. The woman was stuck in the tower and he had to win her.



She turned on her heel and hit the intercom on her desk. “Brootes pack you, Sydney and I are off to Austin Texas.”



She swept out of the office. She knew he was gone but she needed to examine the area just as sure as she knew she was the woman in the tower.



THE END
Waiting for Parker by Rising Sun
Title: Waiting 3/Waiting for Parker
Authors: Rising Sun (jagrslc@yahoo.com)
FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc
The FF of Rising Sun is archived at: http://www.geocities.com/jagrslc

Summary: Jarod and Parker talk.
Classification: Romance: Jared/Parker
Disclaimer: The Pretender characters portrayed belong to NBC and TNT Television. No copyright infringement intended. All other characters depicted are purely fictional and any similarities to actual people are purely coincidental.

Permission to archive: Permission Granted
Author’s Note: This is a response to Mickey's Picture Challenge of April 7, 2002.
Feedback: If you enjoyed it say so!
Story Written April 8, 2002


---------------------------------------------------------------------


RESIDENCE OF MISS PARKER



Jarod had been sitting at the bench waiting of her to get home. He knew when she’d be back and so he just waited. He didn’t wait long she soon screeched to a halt, jumped out and headed inside.



Still he waited and then finally he too walked in.



“Hi honey I’m home!” He called.



She swirled round.



He grinned.



“Another goose chase.” She announced.



“Had you asked me I could have told you that.” He replied.



She snorted. “Drink?”



“The usual.” He said, “Missed me?”



This time it was her turn to snort.



“I’ll take that as a yes.” He took the glass from her. “Liked my fifteen minutes of fame?” He asked as he spotted the Biography Magazine with him on the cover.



“Why not come over to the Center stand on the roof and shout to the highest high that Parker is the one for you?”



He sat and sipped his drink. “I had to prepare for that pretend and you were the one I thought of to keep me sane.”



She feigned horror “No!”



“Yes!” He mimicked. “While there I wondered why you’ve never caught me.”



“You mean like now?” and with that she pulled out her gun and aimed it at him.



“Uh huh.” He sipped his drink again.



She placed the gun down. “Maybe I’m more like my mother than my father.”



“I’ll drink to that.” He emptied the drink.



“Now if I only knew who that was.”



“Consider yourself blessed.” He told her.



“You’re kidding right?”



“Never!” He placed his right hand on his heart. “You have candidates to choose from. Admitantly they are from the house of wax. But I have none.”



“You have me.” She said.



“Had I a drink. I’d drink to that.” He grinned.





THE END
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=2322